The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't understand wanting to trade Gaudette. He's young, plays C and Wing, fast, has size, can hit, can score. 

Actually, he doesn't have size or at least the weight part.  

I mean..... Pettersson, Hughes, and Hoglander are all heavier than Adam Gaudette.  

Not saying Adam can't fill out, but he really need to gain some weight.  He should give Kyle Wellwood a call.  

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

There is ZERO reason to trade Gaudette right now. 

Let this weirdo one off season fall away. Prepare for the next one. Need to ride this bad year out. 

I don't think he's viewed as a long term fit. So yes, there is (assuming the trade 'juice' is worth the squeeze).

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

He could play anywhere and it would upgrade our top 6.

I am not against buying low on Johansen?  But I dont see him superseding Horvat or Pettersson at C...

Trading for RyJo is like tossing more balls in the bag.  Waiting for more moves to be made but accumulating assets. Just start making moves until moves work out.

In terms of any direct need? He does not help us defensively. Does not fill a an obvious positional hole in our line up. He has a bad contract.  There is not a specific reason to trade for him.  Can score?  Add's size??   

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Awe pumpkin... See this is what I mean. All pissy and lashing out irrationally.

That took you thirty minutes to come up with? 

And you didn’t even quote yourself. 

Like I already stated, your stuff just isn’t worth much effort. 

Don’t take it too personally though. Just keep on keeping on. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hopefully Benning isn't allowed to make any rash moves, which is what trading Gaudette or Virtanen would be at this point. In fact, I hope Aquilini has essentially shut Benning down for the season, as these are moves that a desperate GM would make, without any real thought as to the aftermath. 

Stay the course, Aqua Velva. Take Benning's phone away

despite the hand wringing of the fans and media, I highly doubt JB is a desperate GM.  In fact, given the flat cap, I'd bet that FA and JB had a long discussion in the off season about what this year would be and understand it was going to be a write off and were already prepared for a step back and another high pick.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hopefully Benning isn't allowed to make any rash moves, which is what trading Gaudette or Virtanen would be at this point. In fact, I hope Aquilini has essentially shut Benning down for the season, as these are moves that a desperate GM would make, without any real thought as to the aftermath. 

Stay the course, Aqua Velva. Take Benning's phone away

Trading Jake right now would not be a Rash move

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That took you thirty minutes to come up with? 

And you didn’t even quote yourself. 

Like I already stated, your stuff just isn’t worth much effort. 

Don’t take it too personally though. Just keep on keeping on. 

No... Probably about five-ten seconds actually. You're really trying too hard to put on a show here Phil. Maybe a nice snowy walk outside to calm the nerves?

What 'stuff' is that exactly anyway? Objective thinking? Yeah sorry, bad habit of mine. Apologies.

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Is there room for some middle ground here?????

:shock:

hey, we all got our own opinions, I can respect yours

For 5 years i have hoped JV would start to put it together, i'm still watching every shift and STILL waiting

trade him for a pick, move on

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No... Probably about five-ten seconds actually. You're really trying too hard to put on a show here Phil. Maybe a nice snowy walk outside to calm the nerves?

A show? I've already told you that your posts aren't worth much effort to respond to yet you continue to come back with more of the same. Pavlov would be proud of you, that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

What 'stuff' is that exactly anyway? Objective thinking? Yeah sorry, bad habit of mine. Apologies.

Read your posts? You know, the ones you love to quote. 

Incoming condescending and banal post from aGENT in 10...9....8....7....6

• Sad 1

Just now, stawns said:

he's coming off two seasons of a 20+ goal pace and for some reason they've destroyed any value he had in a trade.  Trading him now likely ends up in getting almost nothing for a player who will probably go on to score 20 for the team that gets him.  If they want to trade hime, they should let him play and build his stock up so they can actually get something for him

They?? Sorry stawns they did not destroy his value, Jake did that

i hear you about showcasing him, it would then be totally up to Jake

IMHO

Go Canucks Go, please win a game

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

hey, we all got our own opinions, I can respect yours

For 5 years i have hoped JV would start to put it together, i'm still watching every shift and STILL waiting

trade him for a pick, move on

last two years he was on pace for 20+ goals over 82 games.  He's progressed every single year.

last year he was 1st in gwg, 4th in ppg, 4th in hits, 4th in take aways, but 17th in avg time on ice. 

What exactly is he not putting together?

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why? He's worked better with Hughes than anyone else, all things considered. 

He is the best option on the team for now. But ideally, I think there is much to gain from an upgrade. 

Someone who is better defensively to help cover up for Hughes deficiencies and if that player is good at moving the puck, then QH can defer from time to time. Now, QH is doing too much with puck.

• Vintage 2