The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

How much do you pay for that surveillance?:lol:

So you only need to quarantine for one week when you travel within the country. That's news to me. I though it was two regardless.

Inter-provincial travel

Unless you have COVID-19 symptoms or are within 14 days of returning to Canada, you do not need to self-quarantine when entering B.C. from another Canadian province or territory. You are expected to follow the same travel guidelines as everyone else in B.C. and travel safely and respectfully.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

A show? I've already told you that your posts aren't worth much effort to respond to yet you continue to come back with more of the same. Pavlov would be proud of you, that's for sure.

Read your posts? You know, the ones you love to quote. 

Incoming condescending and banal post from aGENT in 10...9....8....7....6

Umm.. and yet you continue responding bud. That's on you, not me :lol:

Enjoy that giant bowl of piss soaked cornflakes.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, stawns said:

last two years he was on pace for 20+ goals over 82 games.  He's progressed every single year.

last year he was 1st in gwg, 4th in ppg, 4th in hits, 4th in take aways, but 17th in avg time on ice. 

What exactly is he not putting together?

This year, Everything, IMHO

But i guess you don't have any respect for my opinion, no problem stawns, you have never held back your admiration for JV, i respect that, just don't agree is all

Go Canucks Go

Just now, AbrasiveAjax said:

But i guess you don't have any respect for my opinion, no problem stawns, you have never held back your admiration for JV, i respect that, just don't agree is all

Go Canucks Go

how can he do anything this year?  He's not getting a chance to even play and when he does he gets 5-6 mins a game.  Have you ever tired to be effective getting less than 10 shifts in a game?  Even Shorty said he didn't understand why Jake was a scratch after being one of the best Canucks in the game before hand.

Green has essentially ruined a 20 goal, defensively responsible player in a year when he is clearly not the issue.  

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, khay said:

He is the best option on the team for now. But ideally, I think there is much to gain from an upgrade. 

Someone who is better defensively to help cover up for Hughes deficiencies and if that player is good at moving the puck, then QH can defer from time to time. Now, QH is doing too much with puck.

As far as a trade who would you target? Both pie in the sky trade, and a more realistic trade?

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Umm.. and yet you continue responding bud. That's on you, not me :lol:

Enjoy that giant bowl of piss soaked cornflakes.

Pavlov would be proud. Right on cue. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
3 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Go Canucks Go

and yes, I think Jake is an under rated player and probably the best value for the buck player on the team (not including entry level deals).  However, my staunch defense is based far more on the sliding scale of accountability that Green uses.  Jake is held to a completely different standard than other players and gets stapled to the bench or scratched for far less egregious plays than other players make.  My argument is always that everyone should be held to the same standard of accountability..........I might despise Torts, but that's one thing I do respect about him.

• Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So the guy has been on 5 different teams

been a healthy scratch

never scored more than 7 goals or 27 points

and you want him? :picard:

I think Vintage was alluding to Friedman's take. Besides, Vintage already knows who's going to be traded a year from now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hopefully Benning isn't allowed to make any rash moves, which is what trading Gaudette or Virtanen would be at this point. In fact, I hope Aquilini has essentially shut Benning down for the season, as these are moves that a desperate GM would make, without any real thought as to the aftermath. 

Stay the course, Aqua Velva. Take Benning's phone away

I agree, these guys are the usual suspects that get benched and would prefer some of the other vets (Sutter & Rooster) instead.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Vintage 1
13 minutes ago, stawns said:

how can he do anything this year?  He's not getting a chance to even play and when he does he gets 5-6 mins a game.  Have you ever tired to be effective getting less than 10 shifts in a game?  Even Shorty said he didn't understand why Jake was a scratch after being one of the best Canucks in the game before hand.

Green has essentially ruined a 20 goal, defensively responsible player in a year when he is clearly not the issue.  

How do you explain his playoff performance or lack of it? We all heard Jake was built for playoff hockey, not so much.

• Hydration 1
Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

I agree, these guys are usual suspects that get benched and would prefer some of the other vets gets traded for picks (Rooster and Sutter)...

Roussel above all other players should be on the trade block. Sutter, well.....he may have another hat trick in him.