The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

Quinn and Petey say hi.

Oops saw the (non elc part)

regardless of the ELC factor - Motte is the best player value presently - possibly the best player on the ice for the team thus far this season, period (regardless of cap value).

He has 5 goals in 15 games.

He leads the team - and the league with 70 hits (or at least he was when he got injured).

He's been getting an extremely low 22.9% ozone starts, with a corsi of 48.1%.

He's a principal penalty killer.

With all due respect to Hughes and Pettersson...

Hughes corsi is 0.1% higher than Motte's - with 67% ozone starts.   Hughes is -13, Motte -1.

EP's is 46.5%, with 76% ozone starts, he also has worse goal metrics (and is -3).

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Man however you look at it, whether he drove or took the subway, my gosh he left a trail for sure :sick:

To be honest, I've done my best to stop looking at it. :lol:

That being said, anyone or anything in his stank wake would be suffering greatly. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hopefully Benning isn't allowed to make any rash moves, which is what trading Gaudette or Virtanen would be at this point. In fact, I hope Aquilini has essentially shut Benning down for the season, as these are moves that a desperate GM would make, without any real thought as to the aftermath. 

Stay the course, Aqua Velva. Take Benning's phone away

Especially how weak we are down the C position when Beagle and Sutter walk. Might have to go as far as splitting up Miller and Petey actually play center in a couple seasons. Depending who we can pick up cheap of course

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Especially how weak we are down the C position when Beagle and Sutter walk. Might have to go as far as splitting up Miller and Petey actually play center in a couple seasons. Depending who we can pick up cheap of course

Beagle has another year of term.

I'd re-sign Sutter personally, if he's willing to take a significant haircut

• Cheers 1

Just now, oldnews said:

At this point kinda have to or bank on signing a cheap replacement.. both Gaud and Petey aren’t the best at their natural positions, and yeah Beahles here for one more but I meant including him the following year gone most likely as he’s a fair bit older

4 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

At this point kinda have to or bank on signing a cheap replacement.. both Gaud and Petey aren’t the best at their natural positions, and yeah Beahles here for one more but I meant including him the following year gone most likely as he’s a fair bit older

both Richie (Brad) and Nate Thompson are UFAs again this coming offseason....

If they do rent Sutter, or 'let' him expire/not re-sign him, I think they need to bring in another veteran.

And ideally - get a Paul/Trenin type that could continue to be developed on the wing of a veteran.

I think EP could wind up back at center in due course - he plays the game the right way already, for the most part (and is only 22).

I also really like Costmar - he's only 19, but has an impressive game without the puck imo.

6 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Fabbro has struggled. Gaudette had some success last year. It seems too early for Nashville to give up on him but this is really one of the only trades I see making sense given Vancouver's lack of depth at RHD. 

Interesting notion about Fabbro. Upcoming RFA.

17 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Sutter is fine as 3c/4c although currently overpaid. What i don't understand though is that given sutter's probably the worst playmaker in the league playing 3c - he has other strengths that compensate it - why isn't there a playmaking winger on the third line? I get that the current lineup can't afford Hoglander on the third line - who'd be an ideal fit- but Baertschi or cheaper waiver pick up with playmaking skills along Sutter and Gaudette/MacEwen? Gaudette and Sutter are both shooters offensively and playing them with MacEwen/Bailey/Virtanen is essentially a 4th line with little scoring and shaky defense  something like Baertschi/sutter/Virtanen is just so much better for a 3rd line or what am I missing?

3 minutes ago, J-P said:

Sutter is fine as 3c/4c although currently overpaid. What i don't understand though is that given sutter's probably the worst playmaker in the league playing 3c - he has other strengths that compensate it - why isn't there a playmaking winger on the third line? I get that the current lineup can't afford Hoglander on the third line - who'd be an ideal fit- but Baertschi or cheaper waiver pick up with playmaking skills along Sutter and Gaudette/MacEwen? Gaudette and Sutter are both shooters offensively and playing them with MacEwen/Bailey/Virtanen is essentially a 4th line with little scoring and shaky defense  something like Baertschi/sutter/Virtanen is just so much better for a 3rd line or what am I missing?

if the primary goal were to get secondary scoring - maybe that would be more of a priority - but Sutter at very high dzone starts - I think the priority is shutdown and trying to provide as much opportunity for the top 6 as possible.   if/when the group gets a bit more experienced (as well as the blueline) - that could be a good element to keep an eye on....and they're probably going to have some pretty good talented young depth at forward.

Posted this in the LE waivers thread....

Anisimov also on waivers today.....got me scheming.

Maybe there's the possibility of a 'taxi squad deal'....?

LE and Gaudette to Snottawa for Anisimov....(would love to add a pick to that and poach Paul, but 'little steps' lol.

43 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

It's no guarantee, but I like the way Lind is developing in Utica as a center. That would be amazing if he could pick up the slack next year. Only time will tell.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

if the primary goal were to get secondary scoring - maybe that would be more of a priority - but Sutter at very high dzone starts - I think the priority is shutdown and trying to provide as much opportunity for the top 6 as possible.   if/when the group gets a bit more experienced (as well as the blueline) - that could be a good element to keep an eye on....and they're probably going to have some pretty good talented young depth at forward.

I get that and I'm not saying the 3rd line needs to produce more with the current roster makeup (although with motte the 4th line is on another level). So guess what I'm saying is i don't get the thinking from the coaches. If the 3rd line is a defensive line, what's Gaudette doing there?

Personally I hope we have the players to ice a 3rd line soon that can provide offense, but right now it's obvious both from stats and the eye test that Gaudette should be top six or out of the lineup and that the 3rd line needs either a playmaking winger who can still play defense (unfortunately Hoglander and Baertschi are all we have i suppose) or just a player that won't hurt defense a la MacEwen or Virtanen but without expectations to score.

Not saying this is why we're losing, for once +/- makes sense and you only need to look at that + PP percentage to see why, but it still makes me feel uneasy about coaching decisions.

Just now, combover said:

Trading gaudette is just plain stupid.

sooner Jim gets canned the better this club will be.

trading madden for a rental was equally dim. 

other gms licking there chops at our loser GM. 

#firebenning

I don't want to trade Gaudette. But if it's for a youngish stay at home dman. I think it would be a good organizational move. 

• Cheers 1