The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

3 minutes ago, Drop Em said:

READ it AGAIN from the BEGINNING, instead of part way through. He (SHAYSTER007) said 1A FIRST, I was only replying to HIS use of the 1A nomenclature. I was able to figure out what he meant, but I guess you weren't capable. But it was him and I discussing it = DEFENSEMEN. So if you're going to try and be a smart ass or bust anyone's balls about the 1A thing, then at least find the source. He also made a couple of spelling mistakes, would you have liked me to point those out too?

Young people? Yeah ok.....another baseless and inaccurate assumption.

Like I said, I think it's nap time Me_

Should you have been aware of the error in nomenclature, should you not have corrected the inaccuracy yourself then?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Should you have been aware of the error in nomenclature, should you not have corrected the inaccuracy yourself then?

Him and I were going back and forth about other things, including him reading things that weren't there. But in the case of the 1A thing, I was at least able to figure out what he meant (it wasn't that hard), it's only you who wasn't. Like I said, was I supposed to point out his spelling mistakes too? Read the WHOLE thread, and then complain to the source about your precious nomenclature that he so rudely violated.

6 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I wouldn't even bother with this poster. Attempted for 3 or 4 posts to get any sort of conversation about the subject we were discussing and couldn't get a single thing. I always try to engage with posters of a different opinion then my own. Different opinions make for the most interesting hockey conversations, but this one was a dead end.

Because you wanted a comment about Schmidt, but refused to give one about Hughes based on the same criteria. It's nice that you've got a buddy now in Me_, because he should actually be on your case about your use of the 1A defensemen thing, as that was YOUR reference.

20 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Gaudette for Ryan Ellis :emot-parrot:

Seriously, Vancouver should keep Adam Guadette. He was good last season and it's too soon to give up on him considering his pedigree. Plus I remember when Pierre Maguire told the folks in TSN 1040 that Canucks fans should be excited for Gaudette. So I wouldn't want Vancouver to give up on him. 

Schmitd and Gaudette for Ellis.

We desperately need a RHD and Schmitd hasn't been a great fit so far.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, babalu said:

Schmitd and Gaudette for Ellis.

We desperately need a RHD and Schmitd hasn't been a great fit so far.

wow. things sure do change fast, don't they? fans were so excited about Schmidt this past off-season, now they're wanting to get rid of the guy? 

I like Ellis too, but he's 30 years old. Are his best years ahead of him still or is he on the decline? 

If we're trading Schmidt and Gaudette, I think we should be getting someone a little younger than 30 years old defenseman. that is a trade for the present, and not necessarily with an eye looking towards the future. This season is a wash. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, you may be right. I just think we need a solid RHD. Maybe Ellis isn't the answer.

He is a good D though and could be a good fit with Huggy.

I just think Schmitd hasn't been a great fit. I was kind of suprised by this.

However the whole team has been bad. Schmitd has value and you have got to give up value to get value so I would flip it like it's hot as this season is looking like a write off.

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

wow. things sure do change fast, don't they? fans were so excited about Schmidt this past off-season, now they're wanting to get rid of the guy? 

I like Ellis too, but he's 30 years old. Are his best years ahead of him still or is he on the decline? 

If we're trading Schmidt and Gaudette, I think we should be getting someone a little younger than 30 years old defenseman. that is a trade for the present, and not necessarily with an eye looking towards the future. This season is a wash. 

Also Schmitd is 29 so not really any younger.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:10 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Benning isn't going anywhere.  He's signed until the summer of 2023.  Aquaman isn't paying for 2 GM's for the next 2 years during a pandemic where he will be losing $80 million.  Green on the other hand is as good as gone.  He is out of contract in 40 games.

Does your opinion change after AquaLoonie gave both GM and coach his vote of confidence going forward?

On 2/10/2021 at 10:15 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Yakov Trenin would be the guy I would go after if Nashville is the trading partner.  Wasn't he playing with Podkolzin earlier in the year?  Trenin, Podkolzin, Tryamkin.  We need some Russians in the lineup badly...

Speaking of the Russian Bear what is Tryamkin's status? Do the Cancujs want him still? Does he want to come back to the weed smelling city of Vancouver?

On 2/10/2021 at 10:19 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

The defense is actually pretty good, from a paper/personnel standpoint. It's just shambolic from an on ice perspective. 

Schmidt has been a massive disappointment so far. 3 points in like 20 games while making costly decisions and bad plays in the dee zone.

Doesn't look comfortable out there. No training camp late start to season away from family etc. Extended time living in Canada.

Edler is another year older. His offence has dried up. He is still a solid minute muncher. Probably a second pair guy at his age ideally on a truly good d core.

Also Jordin Benn is not a top 4 d man he should be bottom pair at best or 7/8 depth guy on a good d core.

Myers is a third pair d man who is being paid like a top 4 guy still who was expected to be an all situations big minute guy.

Juolevi is the one surprise in this season so far. He is settling in fine as a solid third pair d man.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Speaking of the Russian Bear what is Tryamkin's status? Do the Cancujs want him still? Does he want to come back to the weed smelling city of Vancouver?

If he wants to avoid the smell of weed, he will have to sign with a team in the bible belt; certainly nowhere in Canada, as every city and town smells like pot.

Schmidt has been a massive disappointment so far. 3 points in like 20 games while making costly decisions and bad plays in the dee zone.

Doesn't look comfortable out there. No training camp late start to season away from family etc. Extended time living in Canada.

A lot of adjustments for him.  Seems to be improving lately.

Edler is another year older. His offence has dried up. He is still a solid minute muncher. Probably a second pair guy at his age ideally on a truly good d core.

Hard to say if his offence has dried up, or if he's another casualty of the slow start.  Still, as you say, he is a good dman.

Also Jordin Benn is not a top 4 d man he should be bottom pair at best or 7/8 depth guy on a good d core.

Myers is a third pair d man who is being paid like a top 4 guy still who was expected to be an all situations big minute guy.

Benn was supposed to be used sparingly.  Hamonic will be back soon.

Myers is a middle pairing dman.  His offensive #s are 7th on the team (he may end up with his personal best) and he plays 2nd pairing minutes.  Admittedly he has had some dumb penalties and plays, but his incredible reach has prevented many opportunities for the opposing teams.

Juolevi is the one surprise in this season so far. He is settling in fine as a solid third pair d man.

Also Brock's return to form,  Hoglander!!!, Motte becoming a solid 2-way player that is fit for 3rd line, Hughes' defensive game is improving in recent games, as is his offence (1pt a game).

Canucks often have a slow start at the beginning of each season, but this year has been especially difficult. Other teams are dealing with the same circumstances, but I think the schedule has allowed for little time between games for practices or team build. The have been playing a more consistent game lately and will likely benefit from an improved schedule in the upcoming weeks.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Does your opinion change after AquaLoonie gave both GM and coach his vote of confidence going forward?

No, Green's contract expires at the end of the season.  Benning will still be around to finish the job he started.  I believe we will move on from Green however.  If they wanted to keep him he would have signed an extension already.  Francesco simply quieted the waters until the end of the season.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Let the Myers hate flow through you.....

His stats btw

19 gp 2 g 7 a for 9pts

On pace for 27 this season and about 40 over 82 while the team struggles. 

Right, Myers is 3rd pair.:rolleyes:

• Cheers 2

On 2/10/2021 at 10:39 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

The rumored moves he's hoping to make is what I'm alluding to. 

Even still, how does that show he's desperate?

Gaudette has skills. Likeable guy. But for a center, he's poor at faceoffs. He is average at best physically, below average defensively, and seems to have difficulty finding proper positioning - especially when under pressure. (All my own opinion.) But if the return was right, I could see why Benning might consider moving on. 

To me, when it comes to Jake, I feel Benning has been ridiculously patient with him. To the point it's almost sad he's still hanging onto what could have been. Jake is having a horrible year statistically. Trading him now isn't a desperate move. It's a move of resignation that JV will never be the player for us he could and should have been. It's been a long time coming. It's just a shame it's happening now at an all-time low stock price.

I think there are things to rag on Benning for, but I feel you are trying to develop a narrative that just isn't there. 

As for Myers, I've been critical of him in the past. And I still don't think he's worth his contract. But I think if you took his leaning on opponents away, our team would be far worse off. We need his size. And I see him doing more out there this season than last. He isn't horrible. Just... expensive.

I wouldn't be against replacing his size with Tryamkin and having Seattle take him.

Edited by kloubek

12 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Hard to say if his offence has dried up, or if he's another casualty of the slow start.  Still, as you say, he is a good dman.

I keep seeing this sentiment... Have any of you suggesting his offense has 'dried up', remotely looked at his usage?

Particularly since we lost Hamonic.

And yes, I'm sure the team playing like an unintended wet fart hasn't helped either :lol:

20 minutes ago, smokes said:

Doesn't Sutter come off the books at the end of this year? Isn't Guadette suppose to take his place?

Does he look like he can play a 2 way, 3C role with his subpar defense and faceoffs?

I think he could be a decent offensive middle 6 W'er/backup C somewhere, but we don't really need one of those.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, smokes said:

Doesn't Sutter come off the books at the end of this year? Isn't Guadette suppose to take his place?

Sutter is not that hard to replace at this point.

Another very frustrating player to watch. 
He always has more to offer... naw... he doesn’t

• Sad 1