The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Defense. They have defensemen in spades. Always do. Friggin jerks

dont think guads alone would get us one of there decent D/prospects, wonder what we would have to add, preds are just one of those teams i dont pay attention too, so dont really know there prospects ect.

Just now, TNucks1 said:

dont think guads alone would get us one of there decent D/prospects, wonder what we would have to add, preds are just one of those teams i dont pay attention too, so dont really know there prospects ect.

There'd have to be more pieces involved for a trade with the Preds to work / make sense.

58 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I don't mean to interrupt. But shaking up two lines that seem to be clicking fairly well just to get one guy going doesn’t make a tonne of sense imo.

Edit - but wait. Sorry this just made me grumpy on second look. You demote Hoglander to the third line and put Jake on the first. Bruh.

W

T

F

I did say "IF the offense dies again".  The team also often lacks scoring depth, and if it does sputter again (e.g. going dry against Montreal when we play them again) then I think we could do worse, again IF the offense starts to die.  PS. I was debating either Pearson OR Hoglander for the 3rd line, but Pearson - Bo - Brock are all sound defensively (Brock is even hotter than Hog offensively as well) so in a sense that's a solid 2 way line too (Pearson does have more size but I wouldn't disagree if you want to send Pearson to the 3rd, though Hog is the better playmaker and can help Sutter and Gaud).  If at that time we find suitable linemates to activate Jake and Gaudette then we'd have scoring depth AND the former liabilities in Jake and Gaud can become contributors again.   

Edited by Phil_314

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Defense. They have defensemen in spades. Always do. Friggin jerks

Not past their top-4.  Losing Ekholm to injury has just highlighted how thin they are on defence. Poile tried to fix their 3rd pairing and it has not worked out.  

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 6:42 PM, Me_ said:

Sutter is not that hard to replace at this point.

Another very frustrating player to watch. 
He always has more to offer... naw... he doesn’t

I beg to differ.

Versatile. Great at faceoffs. Isn't overly physical but not afraid to get into the scrums. Leadership. Has a decent wrister.  Generally strong defensively.

He may be overpaid and has become injury prone but he's pretty much exactly what you expect from a third liner if you ask me. To the degree that if we don't find a replacement soon (Gaudette isn't it), I could see us re-signing him for a short term contract around 2m per.

Edited by kloubek
  • Cheers 4

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

I beg to differ.

Versatile. Great at faceoffs. Isn't overly physical but not afraid to get into the scrums. Leadership. Has a decent wrister.  Generally strong defensively.

He may be overpaid and has become injury prone but he's pretty much exactly what you expect from a third liner if you ask me. To the degree that if we don't find a replacement soon (Gaudette isn't it), I could see us re-signing him for a short term contract around 2m per.

I agree. Gaudette is a nice dude, but he hasn't put it all together as a center. He loses a lot on draws, hasn't scored all that often, and this season, his game has plateaued. Really rooting for him though.

Here is a proposal I think might work for both sides. It would largely depend if Jim would be willing to lose Lind along with Gaudette.

NSH

Adam Gaudette

Loui Eriksson

Kole Lind

VAN

Ekholm

Cap space

Nashville may be headed into a rebuild. Why not capitalize on that fact prior to the expansion draft. Unless we protect Lind which could happen as a surprise.. we likely could lose him via expansion.

Nashville gets a work horse in Eriksson along with Gaudette who we covet then we get another quality top 4 D. I haven't checked cap hits but I could see this type of deal making sense.

23 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Here is a proposal I think might work for both sides. It would largely depend if Jim would be willing to lose Lind along with Gaudette.

NSH

Adam Gaudette

Loui Eriksson

Kole Lind

VAN

Ekholm

Cap space

Nashville may be headed into a rebuild. Why not capitalize on that fact prior to the expansion draft. Unless we protect Lind which could happen as a surprise.. we likely could lose him via expansion.

Nashville gets a work horse in Eriksson along with Gaudette who we covet then we get another quality top 4 D. I haven't checked cap hits but I could see this type of deal making sense.

That’s a bad trade for the Preds. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That’s a bad trade for the Preds. 

Largely depends how many forwards they plan to protect. Lind has been converted to center and has been crushing the AHL. He might replace Gaudette if we opt to move him. He was essentially a late first round pick who's had some ups and downs but have really come into form lately. 

I personally hope we keep Lind. I have a feeling he's going to end up in Seattle somehow.

13 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Largely depends how many forwards they plan to protect. Lind has been converted to center and has been crushing the AHL. He might replace Gaudette if we opt to move him. He was essentially a late first round pick who's had some ups and downs but have really come into form lately. 

I personally hope we keep Lind. I have a feeling he's going to end up in Seattle somehow.

Ekholm is a lot more valuable than that deal. This was a guy averaging 23 minutes or more between 2016-17 to 2019-20 and in every playoffs he's ever been in. He's also very cap friendly for what he brings at 3.75M. Also IDK why anyone would think the Preds would take Eriksson too.

Habs could make a much much better offer as they have three 3rds, three 4ths, three 5ths, two 2nds and their 1st next year and some good prospects . A lot of teams could make a much better offer.

I doubt Seattle takes Lind unless they are planning to utilize the cap. Lind is a huge unknown. Holtby makes a whole lot more sense for them since he's cheap and would have 1 year remaining.

6 hours ago, Rush17 said:

NSH

Adam Gaudette

Loui Eriksson

Kole Lind

VAN

Ekholm

Cap space

LeBrun doesn’t know if Ekholm is on the market but says he can’t see Nashville moving him without at least getting a 1st back.  There would be ton of interest.  He lists Philadelphia, Washington, Winnipeg, Boston among teams with a 1st and who would probably have interest.  There’s really no way that Nashville dumps him for bottom of the lineup / healthy scratch players.  He’s a top pairing D and only plays 2nd pairing because they have Josi ahead of him.

Ha! They're interested because they've always been interested and think they can get him on the cheap right now because he's struggling. The Preds are dangling Ekholm out there right now because he's on IR and a great top 4, but down on the depth chart behind Josi and likely won't be moving on up in the foreseeable future. Maybe they figure they can take Jake and Adam Gaudette from us for him. We need a right hander though. I don't see a fit.

11 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Virtanen and Gaudette for Fabbro

NSH gets two young players still finding their way. Canucks get a RHD BC boy who still has lots of promise 

Nashville has AHLer Jared Tinordi playing on their 2nd pairing after the Ekholm injury because they have no Ds in the system.  Poile has talked of their D pool being too shallow.  So far they’ve only got Fabbro since drafting Ellis/Ekholm.  

Edited by mll
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rush17 said:

But your proposal was to trade them both. How can one replace the other if they are both gone?

11 hours ago, mll said:

Nashville has AHLer Jared Tinordi playing on their 2nd pairing after the Ekholm injury because they have no Ds in the system.  Poile has talked of their D pool being too shallow.  So far they’ve only got Fabbro since drafting Ellis/Ekholm.  

Even Fabbro seems like to be available:

Predators untouchables

Sportsnet: Elliotte Friedman on Headlines on the Nashville Predators and who are their untouchables.

“The Nashville Predators entered the day seventh in points percentage in the Central division and there is talk about what they are going to do.

Word is, maybe only three untouchables: Roman Josi, Ryan Ellis and Pekka Rinne who’s towards the end of his career.  I think other than that, the Predators are willing to listen on just about anybody. That include Filip Forsberg. That also includes, I found really interesting, Dante Fabbro.”

Think fabbro would still cost us a bigger payday than what we would want to give up. 

I am curious about Johansen, when he was with Columbus he was a goal scoring player, 26g and 33g respectably then has never hit 20 since joining Nashville. He is a big bodied Right shot C from BC. If Nashville was willing to retain, it would be a risk but may be a bold move we make to our team. Cost to acquire him likely wouldn't be astronomic, we would have to send some salary back and it ties up cap space for us going forward too.

Johansen at 6 or 6.5m, I would take a chance on him depending on the cost to acquire of course. He seems to always step it up in the Playoffs and has respectable faceoff % in the low to mid 50-55% mark.

Maybe we could see LE21 back if we give up more to acquire him?

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Trade Gaudette for Yakov Trenin. 

With you EP..

but perhaps better if we moved Jake and a 3rd for Trenin..  Guadettes work ethic is 5 fold better than Jakes,.   And I think Jake would perform better on a grittier team.

Trenin , Podz and Tryamkin ..  all speaking in Terminator.

star wars trailer GIF

• Cheers 1