The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

59 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Think fabbro would still cost us a bigger payday than what we would want to give up. 

I am curious about Johansen, when he was with Columbus he was a goal scoring player, 26g and 33g respectably then has never hit 20 since joining Nashville. He is a big bodied Right shot C from BC. If Nashville was willing to retain, it would be a risk but may be a bold move we make to our team. Cost to acquire him likely wouldn't be astronomic, we would have to send some salary back and it ties up cap space for us going forward too.

Johansen at 6 or 6.5m, I would take a chance on him depending on the cost to acquire of course. He seems to always step it up in the Playoffs and has respectable faceoff % in the low to mid 50-55% mark.

Maybe we could see LE21 back if we give up more to acquire him?

Johansen also available:

Time for a Predators rebuild

Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News: The Nashville Predators are struggling and it might be time for the Predators to go into a rebuild. They have some bad contracts that might be hard to move.

They definitely could use some offense help and though the top of the 2021 draft class is defense-heavy, there are some forwards. The 2022 draft class has three forwards at the top – Shane Wright, Matthew Savoie and Brad Lambert.

Finding trade partners for Ryan Johansen and Matt Duchene would be easy and it may require them to give up more assets or retain salary.

Johansen's goal production over the last 4 seasons:

2016-2017: 14

2017-2018: 15

2018-2019: 14

2019-2020: 14

Would I be willing to spend 6.0m or 6.5m for Johansen given his goal production over the last couple of seasons? Hard no.

Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones looks great for the team with Seth, doesn't it?

Ryan is now 28, career 17: 42  avg ice time.

670 games 144 goals 302 assists, 446 points

Seth 26 yrs old 22:54  avg ice time

543 games 61 goals 206 assists 267 points.

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

With you EP..

but perhaps better if we moved Jake and a 3rd for Trenin..  Guadettes work ethic is 5 fold better than Jakes,.   And I think Jake would perform better on a grittier team.

Trenin , Podz and Tryamkin ..  all speaking in Terminator.

star wars trailer GIF

Sam, I think we should just go all in...

Trade Jake and a 3rd for Trenin.  Trade Gaudette to Chicago for Nikita Zadorov.  And sign Alex Ovechkin as a UFA in the summer.

Ovechkin   Trenin   Podkolzin

Zadorov   Tryamkin

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming...

1490603871_soviet-tanks-o.gif

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Trade Jake and a 3rd for Trenin.  Trade Gaudette to Chicago for Nikita Zadorov.  And sign Alex Ovechkin as a UFA in the summer.

Zadorov   Tryamkin

OVY will be a beast for 3 more years,.  I know he has aspirations to return to the KHL to prolong his active status.. 

Turn Eriksson into OVY somehow over the Summer.. priceless.

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Would I be willing to spend 6.0m or 6.5m for Johansen given his goal production over the last couple of seasons? Hard no.

I understand and I do agree, but if we can off load a contract like LE then it makes sense, we take on the longer contract still but get to dump a bigger contract with term. We would have to add some nicer pieces if Nashville took on LE.

Arvidsson is of some interest but his numbers have dropped off and I would prefer to not get more small players if possible.

Fabbro is the ideal target but won't be had for cheap. Woo would likely be part of the deal going back to restock their RHD prospect pool.

I would take on Johansen with some retention, as I feel he could use a change and might flourish being in our top 6. Key is sending some salary back and not giving up premium assets for him tho.

Jarnkrok is a useful player who could fill in the #3C role over the next 2 years at a reasonable cap hit OR take a longer contract on in Sissons. Neither are super strong at faceoffs from my quick perusal. 

Trenin- sure, maybe with a pick for Virtanen?

Forsberg would be a dynamite addition but it will cost a lot to get him, plus summer of 2022 he will need a new contract. So unlikely to fit in with our current situation going forward.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

OVY will be a beast for 3 more years,.  I know he has aspirations to return to the KHL to prolong his active status.. 

Turn Eriksson into OVY somehow over the Summer.. priceless.

If we are out of the playoff picture then we should offload our veterans for draft picks.  If we can get enough draft picks we can package those picks with Loui in the summer to get rid of him.  If we take Loui and Jake's contract off the books that would be enough to cover Ovechkin's contract.  Imagine a power play with Ovechkin, Petey, Brock, Miller and Hughes?  Our second unit would be Hoglander, BO, Podkolzin, Schmidt and Myers.

• Vintage 1
On 2/21/2021 at 11:05 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Zadorov   Tryamkin

Seems reasonable once we hire Larionov to be our team President.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Can't see Ovechkin coming here to Vancouver. I think he retires as a Capital. 

• Like 1
On 2/21/2021 at 11:05 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Zadorov   Tryamkin

4 hours ago, Provost said:

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Can't see Ovechkin coming here to Vancouver. I think he retires as a Capital. 

31 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

While it would rad as f, it’s never happening.  

Maybe Burkie would be willing to accept Chatfield as a trade piece for Malkin?

:bigblush:

On 2/21/2021 at 10:47 AM, Wolfgang Durst said:

Johansen also available:

Time for a Predators rebuild

Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News: The Nashville Predators are struggling and it might be time for the Predators to go into a rebuild. They have some bad contracts that might be hard to move.

They definitely could use some offense help and though the top of the 2021 draft class is defense-heavy, there are some forwards. The 2022 draft class has three forwards at the top – Shane Wright, Matthew Savoie and Brad Lambert.

Finding trade partners for Ryan Johansen and Matt Duchene would be easy and it may require them to give up more assets or retain salary.

Johansen's goal production over the last 4 seasons:

2016-2017: 14

2017-2018: 15

2018-2019: 14

2019-2020: 14

Agree. 

And the bolded... did this writer mean to say that it will be easy to find a trade partner for Johansen and Duchene?

Johansen may re-gain his scoring touch who knows, but at 8 mil or even at 6 mil, it's going to be hard to find a trade partner.

I'd only consider trading for Johansen it if we get to dump Eriksson + Roussel at the same time. 

And Duchene has never been a winner. I doubt anyone is going to take him for his salary.

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

Wonder if Gaudette+Virtanen+LE would be enticing enough for Nashville to acquire Johansen

I don't know much about what's been going on with Johansen. What's his contract status like? 

Why is he on the trade market if he's a good player for the Preds? 

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

Wonder if Gaudette+Virtanen+LE would be enticing enough for Nashville to acquire Johansen

It's not. They aren't gonna give away Johansen for 23-25 year old 3rd liners and a god awful contract.

8 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

It's not. They aren't gonna give away Johansen for 23-25 year old 3rd liners and a god awful contract.

Have you actually seen how Johansen has been playing on the preds? He's not the player you and many others are picturing from when he was on Columbus.

Just an FYI, he hasn't scored even more than 15 goals in a season since he has been with the preds... That's 5 seasons in a row with 15 goals or less playing top minutes.

Edited by HKSR
  • Hydration 1
8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't know much about what's been going on with Johansen. What's his contract status like? 

Why is he on the trade market if he's a good player for the Preds? 

Hasn't scored more than 15 goals in a season for his entire career with the Preds while playing consistent top 6 offensive minutes.

No goals and 4 assists this season so far.

Also carries an $8m cap hit for 4 more seasons.

He's bordering on an anchor contract right now.

Edited by HKSR
8 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Johansen's contract is a 9 out of 10 on the God awful scale. Loui's is down to a 6 these days seeing as most is paid out and it's almost done.