The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

20 hours ago, coryberg said:

As a wise man once said... I like him as a player but his contract is big enough that Seattle passes. 

19 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Offensive prowess is a slight exaggeration, wouldn't you say?  Capable offensively, serviceable defensively and decent veteran in the 4-spot would be my description of Myers.  I like Myers at $4.5M AAV; I like him a lot less at $6M AAV.

NO matter how you describe him, he is a much needed commodity ,moving forward, which is not easily replaced. Even if it is a slight risk of losing him it is a "RISK" , non the less. 

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

NO matter how you describe him, he is a much needed commodity ,moving forward, which is not easily replaced. Even if it is a slight risk of losing him it is a "RISK" , non the less. 

If we don't have a player better than Rafferty to protect than I wouldn't be against protecting Myers. But if there is an opportunity to poach another teams good young dman I will take that gamble. The odds are Myers clears and even if he didn't 6 million in a flat cap market is a huge asset in itself. 

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

No quarrel from me on this point.  Big, right handed dman, who can skate and be physical are hard to find.

Gaudette has only played 151 games for the Canucks.  He was picked the best player in college hockey.  He was over .50 points a game last year, not bad for a bottom six player.  The Canucks should keep him as part of the bottom six unless there is a very good offer for him.  He will be stronger, faster and healthier after dealing with that medical condition that stumped his development.  Watch out next season.

He will be one of the fan favorite.

1 hour ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Gaudette has only played 151 games for the Canucks.  He was picked the best player in college hockey.  He was over .50 points a game last year, not bad for a bottom six player.  The Canucks should keep him as part of the bottom six unless there is a very good offer for him.  He will be stronger, faster and healthier after dealing with that medical condition that stumped his development.  Watch out next season.

He will be one of the fan favorite.

I see very little point in trading him unless he garners a fairly significant return. I don’t know that he’ll pan out as a centre but I think he may turn into a pretty decent second line winger. 

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Jake , & Rathbone,  for Ekholm

I don't think Ekholm makes sense for a team like the Canucks, one that should just be entering their window. Ekholm will be 31 on May 24th, and is the sort of player a team with cup aspirations tries to acquire. If we were closer, perhaps, but we're not. 

He's also due for a sizeable raise once his current deal expires, and I'm not all that keen on handing a player who will be 32 by next July a large chunk of change and likely a good amount of term; and as a ufa that's likely what it'd take to retain him. Not with Boeser, Horvat, Miller, and potentially Hughes, Demko and Pettersson (assuming they're bridged) needing new contracts on the near horizon. 

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I don't think Ekholm makes sense for a team like the Canucks, one that should just be entering their window. Ekholm will be 31 on May 24th, and is the sort of player a team with cup aspirations tries to acquire. If we were closer, perhaps, but we're not. 

He's also due for a sizeable raise once his current deal expires, and I'm not all that keen on handing a player who will be 32 by next July a large chunk of change and likely a good amount of term; and as a ufa that's likely what it'd take to retain him. Not with Boeser, Horvat, Miller, and potentially Hughes, Demko and Pettersson (assuming they're bridged) needing new contracts on the near horizon. 

THANKS.

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Jake , & Rathbone,  for Ekholm

Nashville wouldn't bite.

TSN: Pierre LeBrun said that Predators defenseman Mattias Ekholm remains the top defenseman that could be available at the trade deadline, and he’s not coming cheap.

“It is a three-asset ask to get in on the bidding for Ekholm, which is a first-round pick, an elite prospect and a third asset which can take on different forms. That’s a lot, and part of that is that the Nashville Predators don’t have to trade Mattias Ekholm at this deadline.

He’s signed through next season and really, there’s also the internal debate for Nashville; is their best offer at this deadline when contending teams believe they can get Ekholm for two playoff runs, or is it after the July expansion draft when teams who are interested in him no longer have to worry about their protection issues.”

• Cheers 1