The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

30 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't understand wanting to trade Gaudette. He's young, plays C and Wing, fast, has size, can hit, can score. 

Id guess the only thing is he may never be defensively responsible enough (and face-offs, PK, etc) to replace Sutter as 3rd C behind Petey and Bo.

He may be able to play on the wing but we need D so badly and Nashville has been a D factory

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

i'm sure jim doesn't make trades by himself. he would have imput from coaches and even owners and other management staff and his scouts. if he has interest in acquiring a player and the other team says we give that player to you but we want horvat or pettersson, jim would say no but how about this player and this player. if they said yes, he would talk it over with staff and owners before he pulled the trigger. when they signed myers, the owners came out and said they were all in on that deal. we don't know the plans they have to fix this season.  some fans want trades, some want new coaches and some want a new gm.  everyone and their dogs have suggestions on what should be done. are any of them right? i don't know. but hopefully the people who make those decisions will not use cdc or other fans to make their decisions. we are gm's in our minds but not in the real world. i'm sure those in charge know the problems better than any of us. if the coach can't help the players through it our the gm help the coaches, than the owners won't have any choice.

Edited by smithers joe
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

29 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

for sure, I hope the Aquilini's are pre-approving any transactions. He could really do some damage with bad trades etc. 

Yeah because the aquilini's have proved to be fantastic at making hockey related decisions :blink:

40 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't understand wanting to trade Gaudette. He's young, plays C and Wing, fast, has size, can hit, can score. 

Have you seen our defense?

I agree trading him for a pick or washed up has-been would be stupid, but if he can return a similar profile player on the backend, why not. Jones/Johansen on a lesser scale.

Edited by timberz21
  • Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The better idea is to wait until the end of the season when the coaching staff and GM will most likely be canned. 

Benning isn't going anywhere.  He's signed until the summer of 2023.  Aquaman isn't paying for 2 GM's for the next 2 years during a pandemic where he will be losing $80 million.  Green on the other hand is as good as gone.  He is out of contract in 40 games.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, mll said:

He tried to sign him but he chose Edmonton.  Likely a more realistic return for Gaudette than Fabbro. 

Oh I don’t believe they would get Fabbro. Is Benning right handed? What if he doesn’t work out. I can just see it Benning trades away so and so for his nephew. Didn’t he have to chance to sign him before the Oilers?

34 minutes ago, gurn said:

Has Benning made a trade this season?

No, well I guess he is not desperate then. When a lot of people thought J.B. was going to be desperate to " do something" to immediately help the team, he drafted Podkolzin, a guy he knew wouldn't be playing for a couple of years.

imo, J.B. doesn't panic, and will not make a deal, just to save his job.

The vast majority of 1st round picks outside of the top 3 take 2-3 years before they are in the NHL if at all so this was hardly a shrewd move by JB. Only 9 players from his draft year have played NHL games and only 3 of those have played more than 10 games, the aforementioned top 3.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

He tried to sign him but he chose Edmonton.  Likely a more realistic return for Gaudette than Fabbro. 

It would actually make too much sense tough.. (Matt) Benning is under contract for next season and matches the requirements to be exposed.. We don't have a RD 3rd pairing guy (maybe Hamonic out longer than we think?).. they might need to add a late round pick but I would do this trade.. 

7 minutes ago, mll said:

And Edmonton let him walk, if jimbo wanted him he could have had him for free in October. Not realistic at all.

9 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Have you seen our defense?

I agree trading him for a pick or washed up has-been would be stupid, but if he can return a similar profile player on the backend, why not. Jones/Johansen on a lesser scale.

The defense is actually pretty good, from a paper/personnel standpoint. It's just shambolic from an on ice perspective. 

• Haha 2