The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

29 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Highly doubt it has merit. Who knows though. I'd like to see what Jake could do under a seasoned and experienced coaching staff, rather than the two rookie head coached he's had here.

Me too. Hence the qualification of if it had any merit. I am a fan of Jake and have been before we drafted him. He is who I wanted.  i'd love to see that as well.  But I'd also love to see Debrusk in a Canucks' uniform ;) 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

Sounds all fine and dandy unless you realize that Matt B signed for a million dollars. Buried contacts below $1,075,000 don't count towards the cap. 

Dhaliwal, Drance have reported that cash flow is tight.  They’ve been laying off staff and others have had to take a paycut.  Benning was probably not going to risk handing out a 1-way to then bury the player.  He already has to explain Baertschi and Eriksson.

Benning’s priority was also to bring back Toffoli and was also in contact with Tanev.  Benning signed on the opening day of free agency.  There was no interview period ahead of the start of free agency this time.  

Edited by mll

32 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yakov Trenin. Plays both ways. Offensive upside. Let’s get some Russians 

if Nashville would move Trenin - that would be a hard deal to argue with.

probably a better candidate to convert back to a center than Gaudette.

and he's a left winger (at this point) -  a greater need than Gaudette - who also plays a heavier game than Gaudette.  A Trenin or Nick Paul and I'd be pretty happy (not sure how highly Nashville values Gaudette, but....you never know).

Future Pod linemate?

I always liked Kamenev - who was always injured...

But if they manage to get Trenin, that's a deal I'd probably make.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, mll said:

Dhaliwal, Drance have reported that cash flow is tight.  They’ve been laying off staff and others have had to take a paycut.  Benning was probably not going to risk handing out a 1-way to then bury the player.  He already has to explain Baertschi and Eriksson.

no one needs to "explain Baertschi".

it's as simple as one word:  concussions.

no one can be 'blamed' for that - it's the nature and risk of playing in the NHL.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I don't think Gaudette, by himself, will fetch us much other than a bucket of chicken #GeorgeCostanza

I'd be more interested in seeing what a heavier package revolving around ALL of Gaudette, Virtanen, and Juolevi could land us.      Maybe a guy like Hampus Lindholm from Anaheim?   (we'd likely have to add in a high pick to that package as well).    Maybe we could do a deal like this after July 1st where we trade for Lindholm and then extend him right away (just as we did with Sutter). 

p.s. - I wouldn't listen to Friedman much.   Don't be mistaken by his "rational" and "objective" appearance.   This guy wants the Canucks to fall flat on their face just as much as guys like Cherry and McLean do/did.   EF just hides it much better.    Our only real friend and well-wisher out east is Jim Hughson. 

• Sad 3

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

no one needs to "explain Baertschi".

it's as simple as one word:  concussions.

no one can be 'blamed' for that - it's the nature and risk of playing in the NHL.

Yet he can play in the AHL. They moved on. Benning explained that Baertschi brings soft skills but they want to play a different style.  

Benning talking of trying to trade Baertschi:  “He’s played well down there,” Benning said. “But we’ve kind of evolved as a team and our skill players are more hard skill than soft skill.”

Edited by mll

Miller         Pettersson   Boeser

DeBrusk    Horvat         Hoglander

Trenin       Lind            Podkolzin

Motte        Beagle       MacEwen

Hughes        ???

Tryamkin     Schmidt

Juolevi        Myers

Rathbone

Demko   Holtby

That should get us into the playoffs.  If we can find a long term partner for Hughes and get Tryamkin over here that should fix the defence as well...

4 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I don't think Gaudette, by himself, will fetch us much other than a bucket of chicken #GeorgeCostanza

I'd be more interested in seeing what a heavier package revolving around ALL of Gaudette, Virtanen, and Juolevi could land us.      Maybe a guy like Hampus Lindholm from Anaheim?   (we'd likely have to add in a high pick to that package as well).    Maybe we could do a deal like this after July 1st where we trade for Lindholm and then extend him right away (just as we did with Sutter). 

p.s. - I wouldn't listen to Friedman much.   Don't be mistaken by his "rational" and "objective" appearance.   This guy wants the Canucks to fall flat on their face just as much as guys like Cherry and McLean do/did.   EF just hides it much better.    Our only real friend and well-wisher out east is Jim Hughson. 

Juolevi is a solid player. Would prefer to offer Chatfield instead.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller         Pettersson   Boeser

DeBrusk    Horvat         Hoglander

Trenin       Lind            Podkolzin

Motte        Beagle       MacEwen

Hughes        ???

Tryamkin     Schmidt

Juolevi        Myers

Rathbone

Demko   Holtby

That should get us into the playoffs.  If we can find a long term partner for Hughes and get Tryamkin over here that should fix the defence as well...

That question mark guy is getting walked every time.:lol::lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Yet he can play in the AHL. They moved on. Benning explained that Baertschi brings soft skills but they want to play a different style.  

“He’s played well down there,” Benning said. “But we’ve kind of evolved as a team and our skill players are more hard skill than soft skill.”

they had to move on.  he was not serviceable in the window where there was plenty of room for him.

and had he not suffered those concussions, he would have been far more moveable regardless.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

that opening line is wut? material.

you think a player has no value, but believe packaging him accomplishes more?

I like Lindholm but he's a 5.2 million cap hit that expires as a UFA at the end of next season.

He's also another LHD.

Don't like that deal you've crafted.  You've removed 3 roster players, and still haven't created enough cap for Lindholm - so you're creating an additional need - to shed more cap. 

And really have no interest in dumping Juolevi into a package at this point.

They need to add to their young group of blueliners - not spend them.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2