The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, CptCanuck16 said:

Green's is doing such a fantastic job developing these young players. He's teaching them how to deal with adversity. I hope Aquilini signs him to a 10 year deal when his current contract expires. He's exactly the kind of coach we need to bring the Cup to Vancouver. 

Teaching them how to make excuses that’s about it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

How many games does it take for Green to get canned?

We’re at 6 now, so 7? 8? 9?

At some point the season is a write off and if you don’t plan on re-signing Green time to get a head start on next season.

Should be JB first. 

This is mostly on asset/cap management IMO 

• Like 1

Well Boeser/Petey/Hughes looked better tonight. Demko was solid as the Canucks team D broke down a bit half-way through the 3rd.

Green barely played OJ in the 3rd.

6th loss in a row. Not sure I like streaking this way.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Edler is also an old man now.

But on this team he’s relied upon to do more than he should be. It’s an unfortunate reality because I respect Eagle and what he has meant to this club but he’s no longer capable of being a big minute guy anymore. That’s on *cough* management and their inability to have recognized this years ago and prepare for inevitable and look to the future. 

Green after getting fired:

That was a nice office he has, I mean you try to go in there and come out with a win but it's tough, that's a good door that leads to that office, the carpet is nice too, it's tough being on the carpet near that door, when someone is in an office that nice you have a tough time going in and coming out.

• Haha 1

So the PP and special teams in general kills us yet again. They get two goals off of the PP, and 1 goal off of ours. Outstanding. Good.

I'm so glad that with the $&!#ty, garbage PP that does absolutely nothing positive for this team, this entire time we have our leading goal score doing absolutely nothing but sitting on the goal line to accept a rare pass and sit in front of net. God forbid they attempt to use his shot. God forbid they use any other look than the standard. Same plays every time. Miller and Hughes play catch until either Hughes one times it or Hughes sets up Miller skating in with speed. Oh that's not there guess what, Bo is in the slot for the play that gets read every single time. If none of that works we go last resort Petey one timer which just isn't working. Nothing off of the rush. Can't ever win a battle in front. 

Can't wait for the next series after losing four straight to this definition of average team with the same coaching staff attempting to implement the same tired, garbage coaching that doesn't work.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I think the players were happy to be home and felt better. They came up a bit short but were definitely happy to be back home and on the ice.

6 losses in a row. 6. That’s a lot of losing and everyone is happy they look better at least. So sad.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

8 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

They aren’t any better against  any other goalie except for Matt Murray. 

Marky stones the Canucks even when they are at their best. Has Shutouts if they arent at their best. Am just looling at why we are at a cap ceiling and have the worst team in the NHL eventhough we have one of the best young cores in the league. This is just poor management by our GM. There is no way we should have been in this situation after a 7 year rebuild and drafting great players. 

• Cheers 1