The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Season is a write off, they still haven't figured out how to win. Will VAN be swept by CGY and TOR this year? 

Best Case at this point:

Canucks get #1 at the Draft

WPG represents the North Division

I agree. This team is lost. No cohesive effort on display throughout the roster. The defense, while built mainly on NHL defensemen, looks to be incapable of stopping an AHL team yet alone a basement NHL team. The team has little to no spine when it comes to responding to any liberties taken with their players. There needs to be some changes made at a very fundamental level which would be best done after the season is over. This one is a wash. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

virtanen needs a fresh start with a coach that actually gives him a fair chance  jake had good yr last yr he has talent ti get 40 points just not under green 

Jake had 36 points in 69 games under Green so I'd say he can get 40.

But your overall point is reasonable.

Just now, CanadianRugby said:

He's had chance after chance.  He needs to come to camp in shape and play both ends of the ice.  

He scores at 20 goal a season pace,.

Accept that is what he is, a 20 goal guy that plays very few minutes.

He isn't going to be a 40 goal guy.

He is what he is,  a decent middle 6 player, on a reasonable contract.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

He's had chance after chance.  He needs to come to camp in shape and play both ends of the ice.  

he came to camp in shape  hes a decent 200ft player hits a bit makes ok plays  from what ive watched he doesnt take lazy penalties like roussell or myers  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Hoglander is showing up almost everyone on the team... Jake included.

The kids will is so impressive. He's been my favorite player to watch this season, Motte a close 2nd.

Was really good to see Petey looking more confident and determined last night. 

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

The kids will is so impressive. He's been my favorite player to watch this season, Motte a close 2nd.

Was really good to see Petey looking more confident and determined last night. 

Hoglander is one reason to keep watching.  He impresses every game.  We may have found our own Gallagher in him.  

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Right, half those guys haven't played more than a few games for Green, but you reminded of a guy I forgot who has spent a few years under him - Gaudette. Has that guy developed at all? Nope.

HEY maybe it is just because Gaudette is not a good player and especially a centre, you think Mannie didn't try to help him. some just can't be helped!

3 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Hoglander is one reason to keep watching.  He impresses every game.  We may have found our own Gallagher in him.  

I like the Gally comparison. Thatd be fricken sweet.

(Secretly hoping for Marchand level skill without the rat tendencies)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

HEY maybe it is just because Gaudette is not a good player and especially a centre, you think Mannie didn't try to help him. some just can't be helped!

He might just be a bad player for *that role* (defensive center).  Like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.  Just my gut feeling but I think Gaudette is better suited into an offensive role (but he's shoved into that defensive role because there's nobody else).

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

Willie Mitchell, Burrows and also drafted Grabner and Bourdon which really skews his draft record.  (RIP to Luc)

Honestly, Nonis had a super underrated little stretch with us - funny how negative the perception was around him. 

Best thing Nonis did for us was walking away from the Brad Richards trade.  It cost him his job, but it was the right move for the long-term health of the franchise.

As the story goes, Canucks ownership was playing the heavy, leaning on Nonis to deal for Brad Richards with a package including Ryan Kesler and Alex Edler, a 21-year-old, do-everything defenceman who was in the midst of scoring eight goals in his rookie season.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/the-eternally-under-appreciated-alex-edler-could-be-the-greatest-all-time-canucks-blueliner

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1