The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I agree. This team is lost. No cohesive effort on display throughout the roster. The defense, while built mainly on NHL defensemen, looks to be incapable of stopping an AHL team yet alone a basement NHL team. The team has little to no spine when it comes to responding to any liberties taken with their players. There needs to be some changes made at a very fundamental level which would be best done after the season is over. This one is a wash. 

The worry is that playing listlessly through a season, without focus includes the real possibility of injury to one of our young future stars.

Pros like Lucic won't be letting up in any game as Bailey's hit showed last night.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I'd trade Virtanen for a bag of pucks at this point just so this fanbase can quit wasting oxygen talking about him in a Canucks uni.

You know if he gets traded and scores even one goal, this fanbase will be demanding Benning's head on a pike

37 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I like the Gally comparison. Thatd be fricken sweet.

(Secretly hoping for Marchand level skill without the rat tendencies)

He has a rat tendency or two. Was suspended in Sweden for a nasty elbow. But I also like the Gallager conparison.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

Don't know if this has been discussed, but MacEwen's mom is complaining about his lack of ice time last night. I agree with her! McEwen was our only physical player last night, he went after hanifin, Giordano but gets &^@#ing benched. I &^@#ing hate Greens no hitting brand of hockey. 

I love Green's description on here as 'coach gandhi'.

Though I wonder if last night Green's 3rd period benching was to keep MacEwen safe?

Lucic is a hard, hard man.  He stood over Bailey after the hit, quite prepared to meet any pay-back.

Of course, none came.

Pearson meekly allowed his face to get rubbed clean in the blue paint at some point.

That message wouldn't have been missed by Flames players.

I'm sure Zac was willing to try sort out Lucic, perhaps Green felt that in any following scrum, Zac would have been alone.

Love Zac, but you need pick your spots against Lucic types - end of shift,etc.

Maybe Green can get this 'group', as he calls them, motivated to at least stick up for each other.

I doubt he can frankly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

He has a rat tendency or two. Was suspended in Sweden for a nasty elbow. But I also like the Gallager conparison.

Hahaha, yeah.. I like to think of his dirtiness as "fire" and "spunk", opposed to being "damn dirty rat". Fireball>Rat.

So stoked he's our fireball! Lol

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, sockeye said:

So you really think Virtanen's and Gaudette's price is high right now.  Really??  C'mon

At least they are in the line up. If they don't fit into future plans, don't wait till they are in the press box or in the minors etc.

Still, i'm in no rush to let either go. 

They are young, good hockey players. But this team still needs more and a savvy GM could use these guys as valuable chips.