The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

I don't know what matters anymore, I'm over it. I'll still watch every game because I'm addicted to them and there's nothing else going on during the pandemic, except basketball. But I don't have any expectations anymore. I don't know what they should do, can't make trades, can't fire anyone, and they can't sign anyone until our GM is chosen. This is going to be bad no matter what happens. Be prepared for a long season. Unless they go on a 10 game winning streak, and even then I doubt it's enough to save the season. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2021 at 7:13 AM, IBatch said:

... hilarious where do you guys find these things! 

Rhetorical?

If not, I use several gif sharing sites and I also use the search function and add gif at the end and go to images. rt click copy image then paste.

We played awesome.

GIF Funny:Vanilla pure cow dung chocolate | Today episode, Best funny pictures

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Reality is a hard swallow, made harder I think by last year's late promise.

Of course we'll all be watching the next game, we've suffered worse.

How the present problems get fixed will be absorbing in itself.

And, there'll be fleeting flashes of brilliance into the bargain.

Enough to keep us hoping, that next year we'll take those two steps forward as compensation for this year's one step backward.

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that the Canucks are a team that's still two or three years away in a division where every team other than Ottawa is peaking this year. I know player movement is a way of life in pro sports, but I don't think prople realize that Marky was the heart and soul of this team, he was by far our best player and would have been hands down the captain if they allowed goalies to wear the "C." The losses of Tanev and Stecher, and to a lesser degree Tofolli are also felt, but Markie was the leader of this team, on the ice and in the room, and I think that's why the team feels so lost, nobody has stepped into that void.

1 hour ago, canuckleheads fan said:

It's unfortunate that the Canucks are a team that's still two or three years away in a division where every team other than Ottawa is peaking this year. I know player movement is a way of life in pro sports, but I don't think prople realize that Marky was the heart and soul of this team, he was by far our best player and would have been hands down the captain if they allowed goalies to wear the "C." The losses of Tanev and Stecher, and to a lesser degree Tofolli are also felt, but Markie was the leader of this team, on the ice and in the room, and I think that's why the team feels so lost, nobody has stepped into that void.

Ya as much as i loved Markie and Tanev, they were not team first  in these covid times, they went where the term and money was!  yes they were both 30 but a one yr contract might have worked. but anyways in the long run, i believe Demko is our goalie going forward

• -SN- locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic