The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Maybe the Aqualinis wait out the rest of the season, the results will speak for themselves. For all we know the Canucks will suddenly start clicking like it's the fall of 2020 (ahh, those were good times), and they'll battle their way into a playoff spot. Okay, could happen. 

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe the Aqualinis wait out the rest of the season, the results will speak for themselves. For all we know the Canucks will suddenly start clicking like it's the fall of 2020 (ahh, those were good times), and they'll battle their way into a playoff spot. Okay, could happen. 

That’s like depending on winning the lottery to fund your retirement.

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Two more years on his contract. 

Doubt the Aquilinis have the appetite to pay two GMs.

Green will be gone first. Easier to replace the coach since his contract is up anyways.

Both will be gone , green will get the fall

first but both will be gone .

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Two more years on his contract. 

Doubt the Aquilinis have the appetite to pay two GMs.

Green will be gone first. Easier to replace the coach since his contract is up anyways.

Didn't Gillis have a couple years left on his contract when he was shown the door?  Granted no pandemic then but they've made money (owners) since then just on the hockey operations side of things (ignoring property values).

Big game.  Had a much better effort last game vs Leafs.  Vancouver is in a fight with Edm Cal and Wpg for 3 to 6 in the division.  This fight should last almost all year as Van plays each of those teams 8 more times.  If we win those series we have a good chance at the playoffs. If not well...

The first step is the game tomorrow night. Big game.

39 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

With you NUCKER.

We can only watch n hope n discipline the Jura intake.  Miss eleven seconds this year and ya miss a lot.

By my probably faulty calculations though, we're going to need 48 points from the remaining 40 games to get in.

I think we're only fighting the Oil and Flames who are on target for 59 points. East will walk 1st and 2nd, the strong Peg'll take 3rd.

That requires us upping our p% average from .375 to over .6 which means we almost certainly can't afford to lose any future series against either Alberta teams.

We gotta start up that road next game.  No excuses.

Edited by Mo Grit

Green's contract is up at the end of the season, but I'm not sure he makes it the rest of the season, otherwise Benning will just be shooting himself in the foot if they finish near last again. Who would coach though? Not going to be good if Newel Brown takes over as bench boss. I doubt Benning even has anyone other than Green in mind.  They're kind of in this together, maybe Benning pulls off a trade (I hope it wouldn't include our 1st in 2021, the Draft may be all we have to look forward to this year). If the D can be upgraded and get their s*** together, the season could be saved. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Green's contract is up at the end of the season, but I'm not sure he makes it the rest of the season, otherwise Benning will just be shooting himself in the foot if they finish near last again. Who would coach though? Not going to be good if Newel Brown takes over as bench boss. I doubt Benning even has anyone other than Green in mind.  They're kind of in this together, maybe Benning pulls off a trade (I hope it wouldn't include our 1st in 2021, the Draft may be all we have to look forward to this year). If the D can be upgraded and get their s*** together, the season could be saved. 

Firing the idiot currently running the D would be an instant upgrade.  Baumgartner has to go before he causes permanent damage teaching our young group how to play his moronic system.  Offer him a job he's more suited to, such as flipping the burgers at the concession.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1