Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] Adam Larsson


Recommended Posts

Larsson is a UFA this summer.  He is Swedish.  We like Swedish players.  Would he fit with Hughes as his go to partner?  We wouldn't need to trade anyone to get him.  Maybe we could convince another Swedish player to retire one year early to free up enough cap space to get Larsson.  Petey likes Adam...

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Larsson is a UFA this summer.  He is Swedish.  We like Swedish players.  Would he fit with Hughes as his go to partner?  We wouldn't need to trade anyone to get him.  Maybe we could convince another Swedish player to retire one year early to free up enough cap space to get Larsson.  Petey likes Adam...

Haha funny I just mentioned in another thread that Larsson could be a good UFA RHD target to pair Hughes. The other option I would strongly consider is Savard. He plays a tough physical game.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Larsson and agree he'd be a good fit for this team's needs - and he's probably undervalued as a result of his time in Edmonton (and injury) , so he could be a good FA target, especially if he'd like to play with Edler, EP, Hoglander....

We'll probably be in the minority - folks here don't tend to like this kind of player - but I wouldn't hesitate if the price is reasonable.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I like Larsson and agree he'd be a good fit for this team's needs - and he's probably undervalued as a result of his time in Edmonton (and injury) , so he could be a good FA target, especially if he'd like to play with Edler, EP, Hoglander....

We'll probably be in the minority - folks here don't tend to like this kind of player - but I wouldn't hesitate if the price is reasonable.

 

I think if we could get Larsson then Edler might hang around for another year or two.  Edler wouldn't be needed to play a shutdown role anymore and we could ease up his minutes on a 2nd pairing.  Bring in Tryamkin to play with Myers (Twin Towers) and our defense looks much better.

 

Hughes        Larsson

Edler            Schmidt

Tryamkin      Myers

 

Juolevi could be the swing man and 7th D.  We still have Rathbone and Woo who can play big minutes in Utica.  

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think if we could get Larsson then Edler might hang around for another year or two.  Edler wouldn't be needed to play a shutdown role anymore and we could ease up his minutes on a 2nd pairing.  Bring in Tryamkin to play with Myers (Twin Towers) and our defense looks much better.

 

Hughes        Larsson

Edler            Schmidt

Tryamkin      Myers

 

Juolevi could be the swing man and 7th D.  We still have Rathbone and Woo who can play big minutes in Utica.  

Not sure if the Canucks would be able to afford both Edler and Larsson given the extensions we’ll need to give Petey and Hughes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

I like Larsson and agree he'd be a good fit for this team's needs - and he's probably undervalued as a result of his time in Edmonton (and injury) , so he could be a good FA target, especially if he'd like to play with Edler, EP, Hoglander....

We'll probably be in the minority - folks here don't tend to like this kind of player - but I wouldn't hesitate if the price is reasonable.

 

Same should also come in at a reasonable cap hit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Not sure if the Canucks would be able to afford both Edler and Larsson given the extensions we’ll need to give Petey and Hughes.

I think you'd be able to get Edler and Larsson next year for less than what we are currently paying Edler and Benn.  No way Edler is back next season if he want anything close to 6.  My guess is he signs for 2x 3mil.  Can't see Larsson making more than 4.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Not sure if the Canucks would be able to afford both Edler and Larsson given the extensions we’ll need to give Petey and Hughes.

The way Petey and Hughes are playing?  We might be able to extend them on a bridge deal for much cheaper than expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think if we could get Larsson then Edler might hang around for another year or two.  Edler wouldn't be needed to play a shutdown role anymore and we could ease up his minutes on a 2nd pairing.  Bring in Tryamkin to play with Myers (Twin Towers) and our defense looks much better.

 

Hughes        Larsson

Edler            Schmidt

Tryamkin      Myers

 

Juolevi could be the swing man and 7th D.  We still have Rathbone and Woo who can play big minutes in Utica.  

Don't we have to protect and release players to the Kraken?  Would we let Edler go or keep him around as a needed traffic cone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

I think you'd be able to get Edler and Larsson next year for less than what we are currently paying Edler and Benn.  No way Edler is back next season if he want anything close to 6.  My guess is he signs for 2x 3mil.  Can't see Larsson making more than 4.

I would agree.  I think we could get both Edler and Larson next year at $8 million combined or less.  And Petey and Hughes probably under $14 million combined.  With over $25 million in cap space it should be doable.  We would fill the remaining spots with our young prospects.  If we could get rid of Loui’s contract completely instead of just buying him out it would pretty much guarantee we could sign at least one high end UFA.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Not sure if the Canucks would be able to afford both Edler and Larsson given the extensions we’ll need to give Petey and Hughes.

Edler should give the Canucks a Spezza league minimum deal for 700k...after all he doesn't want to play anywhere else so why shouldn't he give us a break so we can improve the team in his elder seasons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Edler should give the Canucks a Spezza league minimum deal for 700k...after all he doesn't want to play anywhere else so why shouldn't he give us a break so we can improve the team in his elder seasons

I can't see him doing that to be honest.   If you were Edler, would you accept 700K to stay in Vancouver (high taxes + high cost of living) or go to some American team where you'd get paid millions with far less taxes and a lower cost of living?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Would be a great fit but so would just re-signing Edler to a cheap deal. Don't think we're going to have much cap space left after we re-sign all our kids anyway. JB might really remodel the defence after what he's seen this season and keep changing it up. 

 

I hope we go into next season with Myers, Schmidt, Hughes, Hamonic, Juolevi and Edler (at 3M) as our top-5, then let Chatfield/Rathbone duke it out for 6th and 7th defencemen. Sure, another top-4 guy like Larsson would be nice, but I don't think we'll have much cap space after re-signing Petey, Demko and Hughes (although all 3 have been average this season so let's hope for some bridge deals).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...