The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are people in the West being persecuted for their political beliefs?

On 3/12/2021 at 8:22 AM, CBH1926 said:

This to me is a situation where you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

After certain groups within society having been excluded for ever,both the powers that be and those groups want to be represented more in the workings the of the societies they live in.

On social media today it was brought to attention that white people shouldn't be using gifs with black people because it's racist. It's called digital blackface. Look for it in the Websters dictionary in 2021.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edit: true story.

Edited by Jester13
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/12/2021 at 7:57 PM, Jester13 said:

On social media today it was brought to attention that white people shouldn't be using gifs with black people because it's racist. It's called digital blackface. Look for it in the Websters dictionary in 2021.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edit: true story.

Guess Black people shouldn't wear pants because they are appropriating white culture, oh and don't forget mechanization and most of the comforts of modern life. Since most were created by thew western European culture.

On 2/11/2021 at 12:50 AM, FaninMex said:

Not only for political beliefs. The world is becoming more polarized.

Take for instance this report recently released by the US government. It is PDF but it says that Jehovah's Witnesses are the most persecuted religion in the world. Some of the most peaceful people in the world.

https://www.uscirf.gov/sites/default/files/2020 Issue Update - Jehovahs Witnesses.pdf

Then you have the government of Slovenia doing this. To get permanent residency you have to declare your ethnicity, religious affiliation and native language. This goes against the EU's privacy laws.

https://www.total-slovenia-news.com/politics/7763-changes-to-slovenia-s-residence-registration-law-require-individuals-to-state-ethnicity-religion-native-language

To be fair Jehovas Witness is about as close to a cult as you can get without being called one. Source: A good friend was a Jehova's Witness and him and his sister tried to leave. Bens far away now with his wife, after being kidnapped by his family at one point (locked in a basement of a church). His sister is a missing persons case to this day. She had recently told her family she was leaving and marrying a Jewish man.

Edited by 5Fivehole0

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ahhh NO!!

Too many humans on the planet.

I'm with Bo, more immigrants. 

This is a understatement.. 

Now one could argue that we should all see people as individuals rather than a collective, but I tend to ignore that fact sometimes. 

There are just too many people on this planet. For every one intelligent person there are a dozen idiots.

Sometimes I think if the one child per policy should be applied globally. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Why?

Just googled an answer fro you.

Canada needs to be accepting an extra 100,000 new immigrants per year by 2030 to get anywhere near sustaining current levels of economic growth. These new immigrants need to be younger, but they would still only offset some of the effects of Canada's aging population.

11 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

It is increasingly difficult for "young people" to get by in this country, never mind have the capital to start a family, largely in thanks to the governments

Ya for sure...like how can I afford a big truck and a quad and a snow mobile and a new home. Tim’s coffee and breakfast sandwiches on the way to work while texting on the latest greatest cell phone and planning a trip to Mexico after seeing the commercial the night before on the 72” smart TV. And don’t forget to take the wife out to the pub for dinner. 
Ya... no way I can afford kids...the way the government taxes beer. 

8 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

To be fair Jehovas Witness is about as close to a cult as you can get without being called one. Source: A good friend was a Jehova's Witness and him and his sister tried to leave. Bens far away now with his wife, after being kidnapped by his family at one point (locked in a basement of a church). His sister is a missing persons case to this day. She had recently told her family she was leaving and marrying a Jewish man.

My mother is a Jehovah's Witness and that is contrary to everything she has ever told me about what they believe. She has told me that everyone has to live their own life and be responsible for their own actions. Kinda like God showed Adam the consequences of eating the fruit from the tree but never stopped him from doing it.

While I do not doubt your story, I doubt that it was a family of Jehovah's Witnesses. That would be a huge No-No and be contrary to everything they believe in. 

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

My mother is a Jehovah's Witness and that is contrary to everything she has ever told me about what they believe. She has told me that everyone has to live their own life and be responsible for their own actions. Kinda like God showed Adam the consequences of eating the fruit from the tree but never stopped him from doing it.

While I do not doubt your story, I doubt that it was a family of Jehovah's Witnesses. That would be a huge No-No and be contrary to everything they believe in. 

They were absolutely Jehovas Witness. Where I grew up, they were very confrontational and pushy. 

10 hours ago, spur1 said:

Ya for sure...like how can I afford a big truck and a quad and a snow mobile and a new home. Tim’s coffee and breakfast sandwiches on the way to work while texting on the latest greatest cell phone and planning a trip to Mexico after seeing the commercial the night before on the 72” smart TV. And don’t forget to take the wife out to the pub for dinner. 
Ya... no way I can afford kids...the way the government taxes beer. 

Typical boomer mentality on the subject. Don't be a boomer

15 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

My wife and I are doing our part - no plans to have kids, no interest in having kids.  Saving the environment, reducing the impact of consumption and consumerism, minimizing the strain on the health care system, saving our unborn kids from having to deal with this $&!# world for their whole life, including all of the stupidity home and abroad.  Woohoo!!  :gocan:

It’s interesting that very developed places like Japan. S.Korea, western Europe, Canada, Singapore etc. have very low birth rates.

On the other hand, birth rates are exploding in Yemen, Afghanistan, Sudan, Nigeria, Somalia etc.

To me this trend is disturbing because places that are ripe with extremism, wars, human rights issues, medieval mentality etc. are growing in population, while countries that are trying to eradicate those things are shrinking.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Cheers 1