The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

39 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

For example: Brady or even Steve Nash - they both were not the most talented players but (perhaps) they were the most prepared player when they step on the field/court and both are HOF.

Had to comment here, I agree on Nash maybe not being the most talented, but it would be hard to find a more versatile athlete. I watched him play in high school in basketball. I watched him the BC Championship Rugby game, playing fullback. He was also the team's kicker and could placekick with either foot. He was a very good soccer player. Won the Victoria area long jump and triple jump. Also played some hockey and baseball, and many said that his best sport was lacrosse!  On top of that, his coach Ian Hyde-Lay at St. MIchael's was almost as good an all rounder as well.

10 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Had to comment here, I agree on Nash maybe not being the most talented, but it would be hard to find a more versatile athlete. I watched him play in high school in basketball. I watched him the BC Championship Rugby game, playing fullback. He was also the team's kicker and could placekick with either foot. He was a very good soccer player. Won the Victoria area long jump and triple jump. Also played some hockey and baseball, and many said that his best sport was lacrosse!  On top of that, his coach Ian Hyde-Lay at St. MIchael's was almost as good an all rounder as well.

Probably not the same since you had first hand knowledge but based on the documentary I saw: basketball became his obsession according to the amount of time he was spending to hone his skills & knowledge of the game off the courts.  Based on you recollection he seems to be a very self driven individual and this is my point when it comes to players like JV (who are not self driven perhaps due to there natural physical attributes it just came easy for them but pro sports is very structured); he may never get it playing for the Canucks cause he is comfortable here - too bad, hopefully JB (or whoever) can sell him and get some legit assets but it might be hard to hide his flaws in this information age we are  living in....

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 minutes ago, billabong said:

Sooooo uhhhh....we gonna win tonight or what? 

Waiting for someone to step up and grab this team by the throat and take charge...show me something boys! 

Hoglander has been showing them how to play every game...not sure they are paying attention. 

• Cheers 3