The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

Great game tonight.  Best game of the year and great defensive game.  I didn't expect the Canucks to be a playoff team this season but if they keep playing like they did tonight, you never know.  They've actually played very well the last 3 games and especially, the last two games and they got rewarded tonight.  Everybody played good:  Hoglander, Boeser, Hughes, Petterson, etc.  All D played very well, especially Myers.  Juolevi probably played his best game as a Canuck.  Beagle played a solid game.  Anyway, it was an impressive win and they finally were able to get a few pucks past Markstrom who was amazing.  

Edited by sockeye
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

If he is injured he isn't on the roster... thats the concept

newsflash - defensemen get injured whether their name is Tanev or not.

I'm guessing you've paid attention to this franchise long enough to realize that.

If that's what you reduce your assessment of a player to - you have the wrong principal factors in mind.  Unless those injuries result in decline, then you're dwelling too much on it.

• Hydration 1
22 minutes ago, Darius said:

So do we see big Save Dave in one of the next two games? 

Nah , Cowgary is gonna ride Marky until he wears down and gets hurt. When that happens they will be in free fall. :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I... Really liked Loui's game tonight. 

Well, he's *really* well rested. Playoffs last year, most of this season too.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

I know you hate Virt but he had a good game. Big Mac for Roussel 

Roussel had a good game.  Was a beast on the PK, and backchecked relentlessly at even strength.  And always has had good chemistry with Gaudette

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Canucks worked hard in past two games but lack of luck.

To-night, team put great effort for the whole 60 minutes & bit Marky who was great with lucky.

Team looks go hungry for a win, might be they need to save Green.

Hughes has large improvement.

Both Hoglander and Joulevi shown great.

Loui did little things, but I don't mind if the team keeps to win.

Hoping this game is a turnover point, both for lucky and confidence.

GCG

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
1 hour ago, 1-d said:

"I was picked higher than you, tkatchukroach!"

They won a Memorial Cup together.  Didn't know that team was so stacked...Mitch Marner, TheRoach, Victor Mete, Robert Thomas, Christian Dvorak, Evan Bouchard, Max Jones, Juolevi.  The coaches were two of the toughest ever to play in the NHL.

2016 London Knights Aaron Berisha, Daniel Bernhardt, Evan Bouchard, Brendan Burke, Brandon Crawley, Christian Dvorak, Alex Formenton, Jacob Graves, Chad Heffernan, Aiden Jamieson, Max Jones, Olli Juolevi, Owen MacDonald, Mitchell Marner, Chris Martenet, Nicolas Mattinen, Victor Mete, Tyler Parsons, JJ Piccinich, Cliff Pu, Kole Sherwood, Robert Thomas, Matthew Tkachuk, Emanuel Vella, Chandler Yakimowicz, Basil McRae (Manager), Dale Hunter (Coach).
  • Vintage 1
34 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

I know you hate Virt but he had a good game. Big Mac for Roussel 

Virt was skating alot better, and had a better game relative to this season. But I feel like we are really lowering the bar calling this a good game for Virtanen. 

Last year he had 18 goals, was on a 21 goal pace. He brought a jolt to the team semi-consistently, was a legit top 9 scorer, had success with Pettersson, exc. This year he's really been a shell of what he was last season. 

Its been a step back this year, no question. And at this point I think we need to move on from the kid gloves treatment. He's not 21 & he's proven that he's a good player - capable of more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

I love Tanev and Markstrom, but Markstrom got hurt when it mattered most twice last year 

Toffoli was injured when it mattered the most as well - while Tanev was not.

Not the reason I would have prioritized Tanev, though.

• Hydration 1
16 minutes ago, oldnews said:

newsflash - defensemen get injured whether their name is Tanev or not.

I'm guessing you've paid attention to this franchise long enough to realize that.

If that's what you reduce your assessment of a player to - you have the wrong principal factors in mind.  Unless those injuries result in decline, then you're dwelling too much on it.

Not at the rate that tanev does.... I guess you haven't watched hockey enough to realize that.

But yeah we aren't agreeing on this and it's fine... no sense "dwelling" on it. Cheers!