The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think we won't see any changes till the off-season and it may only be coaching if the season doesn't go well. I think JB will get a pass this year.

In terms of the lineup. Anything could happen with these young players. I think OJ has solidified himself as a regular for the time being. We will see when Hamonic gets back.

I don't think I mind the time-off for OJ if Hamonic replaces him since I think OJ makes the most of that time off. OJ came back better when he was inserted back into the lineup again. Probably had more 1 on 1 time in practice. His timing was much better with the puck since he's been back. Remember OJ had some load management last year too. I wouldn't keep him out for long though and Hamonic is gonna have to play good in order to maintain that spot over OJ.

Pretty sure once Hamonic is healthy and finally up to speed, it will be Benn coming out for him.

• Hydration 2
3 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Hamonic was having a very slow start to the season when he got hurt so it will be very interesting. Benn and Hughes have been having some chemistry. I know hamonic has much more to give than what we were seeing as the whole team was off

Regarding OJ, I really liked that hit he threw on Thachuk (no idea how to spell his name). OJ has been showing improvement but as you said it is likely that he will sit.

Win or lose, as long as things keep going the way they are, we won't see Hamonic play other then maintenance days to spread the load around.   Where he comes in the most is as a depth replacement.... playoffs were for sure the goal despite how things have gone.   Murzyn went down in 94 and I think it was Glynn who came in admirably enough ...  but not the same.   Same thing happened in 2011 but even worse losing Rome ... who wasn't supposed to be there in the first place 

• Hydration 1
10 hours ago, Me_ said:

Hey bud.

There are some things in life which ought to never be referenced as “too soon” shall never apply.

This is one of them.

Steve Moore was a goon plug and deserved that. 

Hes made far more money in settlements than he ever would have as a fringe nhler who probably would have wound up playing in some mens league in Latvia making 30k a year

I actually work with a guy who had a cup of coffee in the NHL and ahl and also played in Europe. And he knew steve Moore cause he was drafted by the avalanche way back when.

And he said Steve moore was a pompous clown and hes not surprised that what happened to him happened 

Edited by 10pavelbure96
  • Hydration 2
4 hours ago, FaninMex said:

You obviously do not watch the game or judge the game on a play that you did not see well.

Jake is a total floater. Multiple times he enters the zone does some stupid deke and drops the puck back to nobody. Turns it over.

Flies by potential opportunities to lay the body 99,% of the time.

Hes a fast floater with a decent shot with Low IQ and even lower passion for the game it seems.

He plays like the cocky kid on the block playing street hockey, lackadaisical and disinterested.

Its probably something to do with his relationship with green but none the less, Jake is done.

Look at the effort and compete from guys like Hog Motte Mac etc.

Jake is lazy and theres nobody to blame but himself for that

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Steve Moore was a goon plug and deserved that. 

Hes made far more money in settlements than he ever would have as a fringe nhler who probably would have wound up playing in some mens league in Latvia making 30k a year

I actually work with a guy who had a cup of coffee in the NHL and ahl and also played in Europe. And he knew steve Moore cause he was drafted by the avalanche way back when.

And he said Steve moore was a pompous clown and hes not surprised that what happened to him happened 

As far as "deserved that" - that was a totally freak accident with everyone jumping on Bert's back and then falling on the clown. 

If the coward would have just manned up, like so many have pointed out, it wouldn't have escalated like it did.

He's is an absolute plug that shouldn't be targeting the oppositions best players. 

He definitely deserved a real gud beating though. 

15 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

As far as "deserved that" - that was a totally freak accident with everyone jumping on Bert's back and then falling on the clown. 

If the coward would have just manned up, like so many have pointed out, it wouldn't have escalated like it did.

He's is an absolute plug that shouldn't be targeting the oppositions best players. 

He definitely deserved a real gud beating though. 

Did he not fight earlier in that game?  Cooke I believe

Anyone else notice, or should I say NOT notice Tkapuke last night aside from the slewfoot and when OJ levelled him?

Man oh man the team is night and day different from a week ago. Couldnt pick out a Canuck last night that wasnt firing on all cylinders. 
ABSOLUTELY LOVIN OJ. He is just so positionally sound, his defensive posture on each little play is quite nice to watch. Like how he read that play on Tkapuke and didnt bite on being toedragged or faked one way and then he just steps right into him and drops him to one knee.

Great all around game from the team. It felt like the possession was 90-10 for Van, we spent endless shifts in their zone against what is supposed to be one of the better teams.

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

(and i'm pretty sure a few are not really Canuck fans, like Ron McLean they hide in the weeds and enjoy the losing and can't help but crack smirks which are their tells)

I think the media (guys like Jeff Patterson specifically) have helped to create a culture in Vancouver where sh**ing on the team constantly is acceptable. I do not believe that people who watch every game and take the time to regularly post here arent really fans. Think about it for a second. Would you bother to watch every Bruins or Flames game just so you could troll their forums afterwards? Yeah, probably not. People want to see the team win and when they don't, people complain. Simple as that. 

• Hydration 3

Probably the biggest difference last night was that fwds were playing a 200ft game and that allowed the dmen to be aggressive at both blue lines.  It was no accident that two of the goals came from aggressive plays at the blue line by dmen.

When a dman feels confident a fwd is there for cover, he will take that chance.  

• Like 2
  • Burr 1
6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Probably the biggest difference last night was that fwds were playing a 200ft game and that allowed the dmen to be aggressive at both blue lines.  It was no accident that two of the goals came from aggressive plays at the blue line by dmen.

When a dman feels confident a fwd is there for cover, he will take that chance.  

Also how they didn't allow the Flames to move the puck in by not backing in....they went at them, not with them.  We stood them up at our blue line and caused turnovers in the neutral zone.  Much more aggressive in that respect.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Also how they didn't allow the Flames to move the puck in by not backing in....they went at them, not with them.  We stood them up at our blue line and caused turnovers in the neutral zone.  Much more aggressive in that respect.

Definitely.  It's tough to be aggressive on D if you know there's no cover there.  I could see the fwds getting better since the last TO game and last night they played the way they played last year.  Both Myers and Hughes had their best games of the season as a result.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
11 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

I just noticed that Tkapuke tripped Juolevi in the corner before getting dropped by Olli. What a piece of trash. I'm seriously glad we chose Juolevi, in spite of his injuries. He's coming along real fine. 

Listen to Markstroms interview on 650 from a couple of days ago.  When asked about his new group and who impresses him.  Tkachuk is not mentioned once in his interview.  Interesting.

16 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Listen to Markstroms interview on 650 from a couple of days ago.  When asked about his new group and who impresses him.  Tkachuk is not mentioned once in his interview.  Interesting.

It makes sense. Everything is all about him. He's a dirty, selfish player. Glad we have OJ instead.

What I loved most about this game was the Canucks Defense. They just focused on getting pucks out of the zone safely and aggressive on the blue line. The forwards really helped out too. 

Let’s keep that consistent moving forward. 

• Hydration 1
44 minutes ago, stawns said:

Did he not fight earlier in that game?  Cooke I believe

Regardless, you don't go around the league attacking the best players. I'm not going to make excuses for why the guy's a piece of crap. He instigated the entire sequence of events. He shouldn't have even been in the league. That's why expansion has allowed trash like that to get in. Otherwise, he'd have been relegated to the AHL or the ECHL. My whole point is - if you're going to play by the sword, expect to die by the sword. Tkapuke, watch out.

5 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think Eriksson is staying till Motte's back. Need that extra PK body just in case unless Hawryluk can?? 

Except, and this puzzled me, Green hasn't given him a second of PK time in his 2 games this season. Beagle and Sutter seem to be getting paired with with Pearson/Miller and Roussel. Notwithstanding that last season, the Sutter/Eriksson pair went 37 consecutive pk's without conceding a goal (the team did, ofc, just not when they were killing).

Mind you, Roussel has been very effective.

8 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Regardless, you don't go around the league attacking the best players. I'm not going to make excuses for why the guy's a piece of crap. He instigated the entire sequence of events. He shouldn't have even been in the league. That's why expansion has allowed trash like that to get in. Otherwise, he'd have been relegated to the AHL or the ECHL. My whole point is - if you're going to play by the sword, expect to die by the sword. Tkapuke, watch out.

I got ko'd once on the exact play that Naslund did and against our bitterest rival.  You know who I was mad at and blamed?  I was to blame for putting myself in that vulnerable position because I'm the only one responsible for my safety out there.

• Vintage 1