The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just play like the last 2 and the wins will come. I'm surprised that their performance the last couple games hasn't got people a little more encouraged. Not the desired results but the play has improved considerably. If that can become a consistent standard then I would expect the results to follow accordingly, eventually. It just can't be a couple games here and there. I'm curious to see where they are at (standings and performance wise) at the 25-28 game mark. At that point there will have been a decent sample of them playing under non-favorable and favorable conditions (catastrophic injuries notwithstanding). I think it's also noteworthy that they got through their meatgrinder portion of the schedule relatively healthy; it remains to be seen if other teams are as fortunate.

• Vintage 2

5 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I agree with your take with the exception of the assistant coaches, particularly Baumer. Maybe I’m guilty of overrating our defence but I think with our talent should be playing much better. Seems very much like a systems issue that we are aren’t doing anything to change.

yeah its a head scratcher.... the talent is there on the ice. 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Chicken. said:

The most sense but the least likely to happen imo.

I think Aquaman will more just force Jim to get rid of Green. Short season and short cash flows y’know

Aqua hasn't been a cheapie owner tho, ever. I like a lot of things about Green, but I don't care much for how his group runs their team defence. Marky hid a lot of sins. 

21 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Just play like the last 2 and the wins will come. I'm surprised that their performance the last couple games hasn't got people a little more encouraged. Not the desired results but the play has improved considerably. If that can become a consistent standard then I would expect the results to follow accordingly, eventually. It just can't be a couple games here and there. I'm curious to see where they are at (standings and performance wise) at the 25-28 game mark. At that point there will have been a decent sample of them playing under non-favorable and favorable conditions (catastrophic injuries notwithstanding). I think it's also noteworthy that they got through their meatgrinder portion of the schedule relatively healthy; it remains to be seen if other teams are as fortunate.

This is where a bad start in a shortened season makes it so hard to get back into playoff contention. The Canucks would have to go 8-3 in the next 11 to get to 14-14 at the half way point of the season and they would still be 4-5pts behind the 65pt pace that 4th place in the North is on. They need to at the very least start getting some games to OT and get some

“loser points”.

I think Jake has focused too much on defence and is over thinking things again. His first noticeable play of the year was a penalty clearing our net. I also noticed him coming right out of the zone a few times when our d has the puck at the line. Petey and Brock threw him under the bus about his defencive game when Miller had to be self isolated. I think that has made him hesitant on offence. I also think that was mistake for Petey and Brock to say that to the media even if it was meant as teasing.

Go Canuckleheads Go!!!!!

• Like 1