The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

What confuses me is how they can perform like they did last night after we have seen them play horribly defensively for many games. 

Last night the d  were closing gaps, weren’t backing in as much,  playing far more aggressive, and weren’t reverting to the passive 5 man box they seem to collapse into when the other team pressures.  The forwards were supporting them too. 

Did the coaches direct them to not sit back as much?  The players actually executing the plan that was being preached all along?  Is cohesion finally starting to form after new guys / pairings getting some games and real practices  together?  What changed? 

whatever it is I hope they keep it up. 

I think it was a combination of the brutal schedule, no practice time, and incumbent players ,getting used to new players to the organization.

The problems only compounded under the brutal schedule, nobody could get on the same page.

It seems like Green is 'righting the ship', whether it's enough to get them back in the race, is anyones guess.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I got ko'd once on the exact play that Naslund did and against our bitterest rival.  You know who I was mad at and blamed?  I was to blame for putting myself in that vulnerable position because I'm the only one responsible for my safety out there.

Fair enough. I don't know the circumstances involved in that incident. But players like Moore make their own bed. 

16 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

But follow the progress of the conversation. Try to be apart of something rather than the person that always cries and says this sucks.

Who do you replace him with?

Gaudette does not hit nor does he play D.

Mac plays a similar game and hits a bit more than JV. However, JV plays D and can be seen covering for D men that drop down.

Haw... (don't know how to spell his name) I don't know him.

Bailey was interesting but is injured now.

Podkolzin is not here, yet.

Eriksson is good at D but lacking in many other areas. He may play more with Motte injured for his ability to PK.

The Canucks are better with him in the line up then having him sit.

Mac and Virt make Sutter better. As they showed the most chemistry.

Again you and every other troll compares JV effort level to Motte and Hog. Who else competes like them? If you hold the team to their level of motivation, then we need to scrap the team as they are all useless and lazy.

How about 24 yearold Ferland?

Anyway youre missing the point. If JV made an effort he would be an impact player but he doesn't so he isn't. He's had all the chances maybe he figures it out but rest assured it won't be here. Don't need his waste of talent around the team infecting the culture anymore. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

The whole team played like stars tonight even Lucky Loui  but I have to agree with you that Lazy Jake was useless again tonight and is the only player that played in tonight's game that should do a hundred push-ups and be bag skated at next practice and benched again - next game.  Good job Nucks - you guys rocked tonight !

They played their way out of it, the start of which you could see it in the last game vs the Laffs.

And it all started with pressuring the puck in the D zone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Petterson, Hughes, Boeser, Horvat, Guadette,  hell even Rousell and Beagle. These guys all give 100% every shift. You and every other troll trys to claim these guys aren't working hard out there when the team isn't winning. Which is total b.s.

They are not like Hogs and Motte. The Lotto line just started playing hockey 3 games ago.

8 hours ago, iinatcc said:

And people thought Tanev's Calgary contract is an over payment. 

Also, I could be mistaken, but my understanding is that there weren't really any other teams aggressively pursuing Myers. If so that would make his contract and even bigger overpayment

I'm not saying Myers shouldn't have been signed but this is just another classic example of Jim Benning over paying in Free Agency.

Overpaying players to come here is nothing new, the Canadian dollar and idiot fans who are clueless has a lot to do with it, especially when their clueless about the extra's a player bring and I'll use your example, Myers, he's worth every penny because of his size but most people forget about that until we need that size but usually too stupid to think about it before beaking off...  same with Tryamkin..  and do I expect any of this to change anytime soon ?  uhhhh nope! 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

How about 24 yearold Ferland?

Anyway youre missing the point. If JV made an effort he would be an impact player but he doesn't so he isn't. He's had all the chances maybe he figures it out but rest assured it won't be here. Don't need his waste of talent around the team infecting the culture anymore. 

Do we have a 24 yo Ferland? Why is Green benching him for JV? Oh right, you are saying something dumb to make a point.

You missed the point. JV is the best player to play that we currently have available. When Pods arrives, that will be a different story.

Playing players that are worse than what JV brings because you feel he is not good enough is counter productive. I want the team to win not hold grudges that he did not turn into blah.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Juolevi's way better than Chatfield, that hit on Tkachuk was one of the best parts of the game. The big Swede though was letting Tkachuk ragdoll him, memories of Daniel, getting bullied by Marchand. What the heck Edler, fight back. 

Just wonder what it would do to the team's attitude and confidence to have seen Edler answer the call and throw down with thepuke.

Edler is a leader on the team.  Being bitch slapped like that does  not breed team toughness. 

Edited by DIBdaQUIB
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Do we have a 24 yo Ferland? Why is Green benching him for JV? Oh right, you are saying something dumb to make a point.

You missed the point. JV is the best player to play that we currently have available. When Pods arrives, that will be a different story.

Playing players that are worse than what JV brings because you feel he is not good enough is counter productive. I want the team to win not hold grudges that he did not turn into blah.

No grudges. Regardless of talent if he puts in a PLD effort on and off the ice I'd rather call up Kole Lind and reward his hard work. Than watch JV drag his entitled A$$ around.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Juat wonder what it would so to the team's attitude and confidence to have seen Edler answer the call and throw down with thepuke.

Edler is a leader on the team.  Being bitch slapped like that does  not breed team toughness. 

I feel like reacting would be playing right into the Flames hands.   We won the game....we don't have to risk someone getting injured or suspended at that point.  And bet your bottom dollar that we come out at the losing end IF suspensions are handed out.  

During the game, Edler was a beast. 

It's more about pride and the flipside to that, humiliation...and I get that.  But I found the Flames pissy poor sportsmanship more humiliating than the fact that our guys didn't buy in.  They just skated off with the 2 points.  See ya.  Flames wanted a reaction and to vent and they didn't get it.  Let the frustration sit with them for awhile rather than giving them an outlet.

During a game?  Sure...fight back.  When it's done and you've won?  Don't have to.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Honky Cat said:

As last nights game demonstrates (and its only one game), when the team is playing a tight, structured game, the giveaways on D are cut right down.

The worst giveaways last night were by a forward (Miller).

As this season demonstrates, our defence has literally given up the most goals in the league.

Paint that in your picture

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I feel like reacting would be playing right into the Flames hands.   We won the game....we don't have to risk someone getting injured or suspended at that point.  And bet your bottom dollar that we come out at the losing end IF suspensions are handed out.  

During the game, Edler was a beast. 

It's more about pride and the flipside to that, humiliation...and I get that.  But I found the Flames pissy poor sportsmanship more humiliating than the fact that our guys didn't buy in.  They just skated off with the 2 points.  See ya.

I still feel the pain/humiliation of Marchand doing that to Daniel.  The league didn't respond and I think it does breed passivity in a team when its leaders allow themselves .to be treated that way.  Most fans want to see this team be more physical but that comes from creating a culture of not being physically dominated not from bringing in one guy who is expected to do the heavy lifting for others. We don't have that and havent since the 90's.  

1 minute ago, Davathor said:

As this season demonstrates, our defence has literally given up the most goals in the league.

Paint that in your picture

Well if you are painting pictures paint the big picture. Earlier in the season the forwards were giving the puck away like candy on Halloween. Not to mention some shaky goaltending. Not all on the defence. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1