The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

17 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I don't think it's fair to blame the fans about being clueless. Many wouldn't say it if the concern has any merit. But it's not like the hockey analysts from TSN and Sportsnet also expressed same concerns with Myers contract as well. 

That's hilarious! Really? No sorry but your mistaken, and the so-called analyst's on TSN and SN are just as clueless as the ones in Vancouver, proof? they said the same thing with JT Miller but we underpaid for him instead, and seriously, your ok with having a butter soft team that gets beat on?  the Sedin beatings must have been ok with you right? Andddd who did said fans agree with until proven wrong? they agreed with the media, which was laughable... good grief.. and before that, that Horvat was a  career 3rd line guy that couldn't skate well, Petey was too "slight"... want more? there's LOTS!

Edited by iceman64
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FaninMex said:

But follow the progress of the conversation. Try to be apart of something rather than the person that always cries and says this sucks.

Who do you replace him with?

Gaudette does not hit nor does he play D.

Mac plays a similar game and hits a bit more than JV. However, JV plays D and can be seen covering for D men that drop down.

Haw... (don't know how to spell his name) I don't know him.

Bailey was interesting but is injured now.

Podkolzin is not here, yet.

Eriksson is good at D but lacking in many other areas. He may play more with Motte injured for his ability to PK.

The Canucks are better with him in the line up then having him sit.

Mac and Virt make Sutter better. As they showed the most chemistry.

Again you and every other troll compares JV effort level to Motte and Hog. Who else competes like them? If you hold the team to their level of motivation, then we need to scrap the team as they are all useless and lazy.

Lol so everyone that criticizes Jake's effort level is a troll?

I guess Jim Benning and Travis Green are trolls as well lol.

Are you his Dad?

Look, we all want him to succeed, the balls always been in his court and if he gave a sh*t he might make a decent career for himself, but he doesnt.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

How about 24 yearold Ferland?

Anyway youre missing the point. If JV made an effort he would be an impact player but he doesn't so he isn't. He's had all the chances maybe he figures it out but rest assured it won't be here. Don't need his waste of talent around the team infecting the culture anymore. 

I agree Jake is invisible out there unless he does something stupid and that is often. If he could only use his size and speed to his advantage he'd be a top six star

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I don't know Dib. I could be wrong but, Edler seemed to handle it in stride. That probably frustrated Tkapuke. I mean, what was Tkapuke able to accomplish, acting up like that?

Nothing as far as I could see. Did Edler hide.....no, he just did not react, like Tkapuke wanted him too. It will not change Edler's game, it never has. IMO, he has a lot of respect through out the league, for the way he plays.

IMO, Tkapuke isn't big enough to bother Edler. Now if that was Lucic, it would have been a different matter and Edler would have tried to tie up Lucic more, but IMO, Tkapuke does not have it, and that is through the league by now. IMO, Edler is not bothered one bit.

Not at all like the way the Sedin's were man handled......

Perhaps.  It also seems that a win takes the sting out of episodes like that.  If we had loss, more fans would be outraged by the salt being rubbed in our wound. 

Beyond this one incident, I do still worry this team lacks the group mentality/toughness to be effective consistently in games that matter.  Hate or love Burke but he is right that every team that has won a Stanley cup plays hard and with a good dose of nasty.   We certainly were.on the receiving end of that in 2011. Pack mentality matters as does stepping up when called for.  patrick Laine taking an extra 2 and fighting on behalf of a teammate the other day may not have been wise or disciplined but it sent a message to the other teams in the league and more importantly to his teammates. When was the last time we saw a canuck jump in like that for a wronged teammate?

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

He had a good game tonight, but we'd be doing cartwheels if Myers gets taken in the ED. 6 million per is a massive price tag for a very low end top 4 d-man

He is a valuable commodity; a right handed top-4 Dman. Since last year I've been watching more closely how hard it is for a defenseman to play his off-hand. Even for talented players like Schmidt it's not natural. Turning your back on the play in order to take the puck off the boards on your weak side means you can't take the quick short, make the quick pass and are limited in passing options.  I played D back in the day, but I'm right-handed and almost always played my strong side. I now understand why Travis really wants Dmen to play their strong side. The Canucks don't have many right handed Dmen in the system, Chatfield, Rafferty, Woo and Elliot, only Woo has top-4 potential and he's at least a couple of years off, so I doubt they want to lose Myers.

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know what I am wondering Deb? Why Tkapuke did not get a penalty for that slew foot. It was blatant! 

Because Game Management. Worse yet, perhaps Bettman still hates the Nucks and that spills over to the officials. Or what about Tepukiechuck rabit punching at the end, no game misconduct for being so unsportsmanlike. Just like Marchand wasn't penalized for doing the same thing in 2011. It's sad. I also wonder why Lucic wasn't penalized for hitting Baily in the numbers, the list goes on...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FaninMex said:

I agree with many here that he has not proven that he is a top 6 like we all wanted him to be.

I agree that he lost his spot to Hoglander.

I agree that he may lose his spot to Podkolzin when he arrives.

I do not agree that JV is as terrible as people are saying. For example, Sutter score his hattrick with JV on his line because JV was doing his job. The team was not losing because he was in the line up.

I do not agree that JV should get craped on while Gaudette gets a free pass.

I do not agree that JV is always compared to Motte or Hoglander as there are very few on this team that play like them. It is an unfair comparison and if he is compared to them then everyone must be,

Jake is one of those guys who grew and matured early, developed good hand-eye coordination naturally and didn't really have to work hard to be a great player at a young age. He reached his peak in Junior, as he was bigger, faster and stronger than everybody else, which made him a big fish in a small pond. But so many of those guys never learn a work ethic, they take their offseason training and their diet for granted. Now Jake is in a league full of guys as talented or more talented than Jake Virtanen, he is no longer a big fish and has never developed the work ethic needed to improve. Jake is as good as he will ever be, and sadly that's good enough to be a third or forth line winger, limited by his lack of hockey IQ to PP2 time and no PK time. He plays with guys like Motte, Bo, Petey and now Hogs who are successful because of their serious work ethic. Smart players look at what makes others successful and they copy them sadly Jake's not that smart.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

...and same posters come on here to bash other fans every time.

Quit bashing Nucks fans and go post on Calgary Puck.

Quit supporting fans who hate the team one day and then act like they love them the next. Nothing wrong with criticism and being realistic but don’t straight up say the harshest untrue things and then act like you’re a diehard the next win for attention. It’s embarrassing and the absolute worst type of fan and these forums are full of them. As for me sticking up for the Flames....I’m just being realistic. Elder elbowed Lindholm. We as fans would be pissed if it were the other way around. I still wanted the Canucks to kick there ass at the end but I can totally understand why they caused a scrum at the end. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The thing is, you guys say the same thing over and over again. It's lazy. You're predictable and you don't show any effort in your criticisms. Maybe you need to sit out a few games and reset.

looks like the quote didn't make it along. It was nothing more than just another Virtanen attack

Edited by frank einstein

13 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know Dib

The 2 biggest culprits of that are IMO, Horvat and Virtanen. At least Edler hits on a very consistent basis, where as the other 2 leave me wanting. IMO, aggression can be shown several different ways, but when your captain and your fastest player, do not, it just pisses me off. Now, I know Virtanen will hit, but he passes up on too many really quality opportunities, as does Horvat. So before I am going to complain about Edler, who really has made some great hits over the years, I would like to see others answer the bell first.

Just my opinion, but in Horvat's case it is blatant, and he is our friggin captain!

I agree.  For a big heavy body capable of setting  the tone, Bo plays a very soft game.  It would be nice to see him jump into the fray more aggressively to defend his teammates as well.  Jake is just lost.  He  looks like a kid who has no idea what his identity is or what is expected of him.  At this point, I would put him on the 4th line and I structuring to just be anenergy guy and to go out and hit often and hit hard. Forget all the 6th overall pick expectations and let him play a very simple game/role. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, linden17 said:

Quit supporting fans who hate the team one day and then act like they love them the next. Nothing wrong with criticism and being realistic but don’t straight up say the harshest untrue things and then act like you’re a diehard the next win for attention. It’s embarrassing and the absolute worst type of fan and these forums are full of them. As for me sticking up for the Flames....I’m just being realistic. Elder elbowed Lindholm. We as fans would be pissed if it were the other way around. I still wanted the Canucks to kick there ass at the end but I can totally understand why they caused a scrum at the end. 

You're making a lot of subjective assessments between criticism/ hate and posts for attention.  Certainly emotion/passion leads to hyperbole but only real fans would be that upset by a poor product or so ecstatic with a win.  Not all can remain objective all the time. 

A while back, I spent quite a bit of time on opposition forums and I can assure you, the same level of love/hate for teams, management and players exists there.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

You're making a lot of subjective assessments between criticism/ hate and posts for attention.  Certainly emotion/passion leads to hyperbole but only real fans would be that upset by a poor product or so ecstatic with a win.  Not all can remain objective all the time. 

A while back, I spent quite a bit of time on opposition forums and I can assure you, the same level of love/hate for teams, management and players exists there.  

And you’re making a subjective assessment calling them real fans. Just because you find every team has “fans” like this ( and every team does) doesn’t make it right. I’ll always argue that they are poser fans. 

17 hours ago, oldnews said:

you're describing Miller - perhaps forgetting how healthy Miller plays the game.

Btw - Boeser also never stops moving his feet (they just don't move as quickly as Hoglander's).

Last season, yes. This season, not so much. Is he injured? Didn't see or hear anything about that.

Boeser has obviously improved his overall game but I feel like Miller is better suited for that role of puck retriever using his unique combo of foot speed and size and Boeser more as a finisher. If Miller isn't playing his game, that makes the first line far less effective. 

It's funny how the things that Miller was preaching for last season, like needing to dump the puck in and to retrieve it with tenacious forechecking... he's not doing it much and Boeser is the one that does most of the forechecking and moving his feet on that line. Miller has gotten away from what made him great and if it's an injury, that's understandable but if its complacency, I'd be worried. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1