The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

How are the Zebras cause last night they were the typical game managers ...

I'm probably not hanging on every call like I would for a nucks game but they seem to be calling it like the 2011 finals.  Lots of cheap shots and face punches allowed.  Big boy hockey.  If we met Boston  in the playoffs, they would physicality domnate us again just like 2011.  Sure.more entertaining than watching last nights game.

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m tired of the way the Canucks play. They need a seismic change in their approach. Sure utilize the skill and speed to their advantage, but throw the body and make it count. Be a team instead of a bunch of players pretending to be one. 

Watching this Boston game really emphasises how soft our team plays.  Its like we are coached not to make physical contact.  As for standing up for eachother,  Boston still has their identity intact in that regard.  Take on one, take on everyone. Our team is embarrassing.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I'm probably not hanging on every call like I would for a nucks game but they seem to be calling it like the 2011 finals.  Lots of cheap shots and face punches allowed.  Big boy hockey.  If we met Boston  in the playoffs, they would physicality domnate us again just like 2011.  Sure.more entertaining than watching last nights game.

Ditto, just wanted to see if someone else noticed that the Zebras are more forgiving in this game; more so less predictable than last night when they were tyring to even out the penalties & kill momentums from both sides...

11 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Watching this Boston game really emphasises how soft our team plays.  Its like we are coached not to make physical contact.  As for standing up for eachother,  Boston still has their identity intact in that regard.  Take on one, take on everyone. Our team is embarrassing.

As Bieksa said, the Canucks are fun to play against. Easy to score on, easy to push around. 

• Cheers 2

My keys to the game:

(1) Don’t shoot pucks into the goalie’s body. Aim for the open space between his body and the iron. This is especially important when given clean open looks at goal.

(2) When trying to shoot glove side, don’t shoot directly into the glove. Aim either above or below the glove.

Follow these directions, and we may actually outscore our opponents.

Bonus advice: Don’t use your body or equipment to redirect opponents’ shots into your own net that were otherwise heading wide. 

(The team can thank me later. ;))

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1