The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MacEwen's Mom: "Kinda hard to be a difference maker when you only get to play under 4 minutes..."

Rate this topic

Dazzle

Even the players mothers are getting their shots in on old Travis Green, eh?

Isn't it a little weird that 2020 was better for the Canucks than 2021?

I hope we don't see a tweet from Eriksson's mom soon because that could be a doozy

Edited by ImConfused
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ImConfused said:

Even the players mothers are getting their shots in on old Travis Green, eh?

Isn't it a little weird that 2020 was better for the Canucks than 2021?

I hope we don't see a tweet from Eriksson's mom soon because that could be a doozy

Wait, I found a tweet from Loui's mom too!

Travis Green är en åsna. Det enda skälet till att min pojke Louis inte gör poäng är att Green inte spelar honom på rätt plats. Tränaren har förstört mina söners hockeykarriär och han ber om en förändring från Vancouver-laget

That's in Swedish though so you'll have to google translate it into English

Crazy times we live in..

Edited by ImConfused
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Perhaps she was referring to a single game and not a seasonal average.?

Al I've seen is a post from reddit saying she said.................

yeah - I checked and she must mean last night's game.... perhaps with Bailey out Green shortened the bench to 3 lines...who knows.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

MacEwen in his limited time went after Giordano a couple of times and Hanifin too. 

I remember thinking on one of his shifts as he dumped the puck into the defensemans corner and gave chase, 'man it would suck to be the guy having to dig that puck out of the corner with this train barreling at you'

Need more Mac

• Like 2

I see the Benning cronies are out and about with another excuse for why the team is an utter mess.

Instead of admitting their boy screwed the pooch (yet again) this past off-season, they're blaming Green because...he doesn't play a 4th liner more regularly?  Do people honestly believe that playing MacEwan more would somehow prevent us from shipping 5 goals every night?

Weird, but hey, whatever to cope with distorted realities...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, luckylager said:

He sure did. I must have missed whatever giant mistake he made that warranted having his butt stapled to the bench.

Well, That is the 6 million dollar question, isn't it? What did he do wrong? If he did nothing wrong and would have played more, would have his team mates been more fresh for the 3rd? I would think quite possibly !

I am sure Benning and Green will not like Zacks Mom's comment. LOL

21 minutes ago, JesseBlue said:

MacE will be subbed out due to this criticism

Honestly wouldn't be against trading him. 

If people think giving Mace more icetime is going to make the Nucks better than they're out to lunch.  Roster is just not good enough, and btw Petey made another horrid give away at the blue line while the entire team is hemmed in the offensive zone but I suppose  that was also Green's fault?

My son would've been SO pissed at me if I ever did this.  Mac's going on 25 years old and is a big boy who can likely speak for himself.

The Moms are cute and all...but know your role.  With that, I'm all for giving Mac more ice time...he at least CAN bring some physicality to our roster....and it's much needed.

FTR, he's averaged 7.51 minutes in the past 5 games.

• Cheers 3

22 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I see the Benning cronies are out and about with another excuse for why the team is an utter mess.

Instead of admitting their boy screwed the pooch (yet again) this past off-season, they're blaming Green because...he doesn't play a 4th liner more regularly?  Do people honestly believe that playing MacEwan more would somehow prevent us from shipping 5 goals every night?

Weird, but hey, whatever to cope with distorted realities...

How's living in Rightville these days?  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, oldnews said:

yeah - I checked and she must mean last night's game.... perhaps with Bailey out Green shortened the bench to 3 lines...who knows.

Image result for mindblown gif

If you look at Beagle's even-strength ice time last night (6 minutes), that's exactly what happened

Edited by Wilbur
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Honestly wouldn't be against trading him. 

If people think giving Mace more icetime is going to make the Nucks better than they're out to lunch.  Roster is just not good enough, and btw Petey made another horrid give away at the blue line while the entire team is hemmed in the offensive zone but I suppose  that was also Green's fault?

Bolded.

This has been a huge problem so far.

It's not just Petey. Virtanen, Boeser, Miller and Hughes have tossed cross ice pizzas a few times this season.

Just awful desicion making in the Dzone. Quinn threw on right up the middle of the ice from behind his own net recently.

What in the actual &^@# are these guys thinking? Lol

Mac playing more may or may not have made a difference, but the team was already short a forward. Even Green mentioned the schedule has been brutal, so why not use whatever mistake Mac made as a teaching moment and get him back out there to give other players some rest? If Mac isn't a difference maker, maybe a more rested Pearson or Miller would have been. Who knows. 

Anyways, any and all criticism on JB and Green is warranted at this point. I'm sure you can agree with that whether you respect Mac as a player or not.

• Cheers 1