Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Haven't Even Watched a US Game Yet

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Yeah..sorry, little-to-no-interest. Watched a few highlights(DTMTS.com game highlights). Just can't give a hoot about tilts down there. Anyone relate?

 

Makes me wonder what the viewing numbers will show at season's end? Betting a huge % of revenue comes from the 7 Cdn markets(higher than usual). Yet of course, 3 decades with no freeken Cup celebrations, eh?

 

Btw, got the NHL.com pkg, with all teams available. Really only use it for Van games, & a few other Cdn tilts, if there's time to spare.

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not watched a US game either and I live in Seattle. I was tempted in watching a Bruins game and I forgot. I’m only into watching the Habs and Canucks play, but I did watch an Oilers-Flames game.  I’m looking forward to when the Habs play against the Bruins again.  I’m not a Bruins fan, and I always loved it when the Habs beat the Bruins! I do like it when they beat the Leafs too. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yeah..sorry, little-to-no-interest. Watched a few highlights(DTMTS.com game highlights). Just can't give a hoot about tilts down there. Anyone relate?

 

Makes me wonder what the viewing numbers will show at season's end? Betting a huge % of revenue comes from the 7 Cdn markets(higher than usual). Yet of course, 3 decades with no freeken Cup celebrations, eh?

 

Btw, got the NHL.com pkg, with all teams available. Really only use it for Van games, & a few other Cdn tilts, if there's time to spare.

Opening day Penguins Flyers was highest rated game in the U.S with almost 1m viewers.

Highest rated game in Canada was Canucks Oilers with 6m plus viewers.

With the exception of few U.S markets, not too many people care about the hockey, it’s been like that forever.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've watched a couple of Detroit games, just to see how Stecher is getting on, but that's it.

I still hold to my policy of missing the first minute of any U.S. game, so as to avoid all the horrible renditions of the Star Spangled Banner that the Americans insist on singing.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Whaleroad Train said:

I've watched a couple of Detroit games, just to see how Stecher is getting on, but that's it.

I still hold to my policy of missing the first minute of any U.S. game, so as to avoid all the horrible renditions of the Star Spangled Banner that the Americans insist on singing.

Flames games are even more egregious due to Cahlgary insisting on allowing an inbred redneck to insult our country by desecrating our anthem before every game.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brilac said:

I have not watched a US game either and I live in Seattle. I was tempted in watching a Bruins game and I forgot. I’m only into watching the Habs and Canucks play, but I did watch an Oilers-Flames game.  I’m looking forward to when the Habs play against the Bruins again.  I’m not a Bruins fan, and I always loved it when the Habs beat the Bruins! I do like it when they beat the Leafs too. 

looking forward too tomorrow MTL vs TOR and after VAN vs cgy....just please get a win this losing streak is killing me.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yeah..sorry, little-to-no-interest. Watched a few highlights(DTMTS.com game highlights). Just can't give a hoot about tilts down there. Anyone relate?

 

Makes me wonder what the viewing numbers will show at season's end? Betting a huge % of revenue comes from the 7 Cdn markets(higher than usual). Yet of course, 3 decades with no freeken Cup celebrations, eh?

 

Btw, got the NHL.com pkg, with all teams available. Really only use it for Van games, & a few other Cdn tilts, if there's time to spare.

yeah ive just been watching some of the other canadian division games

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

In fairness I don't really watch US games that often in the regular season under normal circumstances.Outside the Canucks I really only tune in for marquee matchups. Its not that I don't love hockey, I do. But I only have so much time in the day and watching other people play a game when I don't feel particularly invested in the outcome often feels like wasting it. I'd rather go down to a local rink and watch a couple of junior B teams play live than sit on my couch and watch Nashville and Carolina play thousands of kms away.

Edited by Bitter Melon
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

& heck, as far as broadcasts go...is HNIC a dead(or dying) non-entity?

 

Saw this question/thread rolled out, over on the HF(NHL general) page, & think it's a darn good one. There are mod-warnings NOT to make the topic political, over there, & guess it's merely time before such squeamish-touchiness spreads all over the bluddy net, like the bubonic plague in a mosh pit...

 

Turn the sound off on games now, occasionally missing Juice, as I'm so averse to the myriad host of assorted social-issues, I have NO interest delving into. Some geniuses at the top of this quasi-moralistic pyramid of conduct, apparently think pro sport is an EXCELLENT platform to announce our priorities, & denounce the wayward scoundrels that don't smooch up to such gospel-wisdom.

 

Have the bread & circuses been infected with signals of virtue? Inquirin' minds wanna' know...

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...