The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Francesco Aquilini says "I have no plans to make changes."

Rate this topic

AriGold2.0

Just now, Dazzle said:

LOL @ Vancouver media and their "sources".

I applaud Aquilini for having a backbone. If this season is a write-off, the decisions on management can made until after this season. As much as I question Travis' coaching, along with his assistants, I do believe this is the right move to keep things intact.

Fans who don't want to watch the Canucks can watch the Sens or Buffalo.

Starting to become a fan of whomever the Canucks play because they look so good on any given night. Except Ottawa. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Sounds a little like he made some calls to some of the available GMs and they were all like "with you as an owner? Hard pass!"

Don't be silly. If Arizona can get a new GM, as well as Buffalo, the Canucks can EASILY get a competent GM to phone for a job.

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Good to see Francesco put an end to the rumours. Benning has built this young core and has more pieces coming. He deserves to see it through. I believe he has learned from previous mistakes and its only up from here. This season is a write off anyhow.

Do you want Baumer to cause more damage with our young D though?  Hughes is already struggling in his own end thanks to Baumgartner's inability to implement any kind of defensive structure. 

15 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Sounds a little like he made some calls to some of the available GMs and they were all like "with you as an owner? Hard pass!"

seems like people rejected him again lol, i mean if they go  on  9 game losing streak still no change?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Do you want Baumer to cause more damage with our young D though?  Hughes is already struggling in his own end thanks to Baumgartner's inability to implement any kind of defensive structure. 

Where did I mention Baumer? I clearly typed Jim? I've been clear I'm not a fan of our coaching staff. I am however, I believer in Benning

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Lol at our media and the panicky fans :lol:

The best organizations have stability.

That doesn't mean there can't or won't be changes, or that there isn't room for improvement. But knee jerk, reactionary, panicky moves out of desperation that the fans and media have been clamoring for, are not how good organizations are run.

Glad to see him make this statement.

On one hand, fans want sweeping changes, even if it's replacing the arena carpet, for the sake of making change. On the other, fans ALSO want to keep everything intact, like all the good things (Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes etc). Without trading good pieces, i.e. a first round pick, it is difficult, if not impossible, to acquire someone good from another team without giving something substantial back. Oh, Miller for 1st? ZOMG Benning suckzzz.

Can't have it both ways folks. You can't be playing entertaining hockey while 'rebuilding'.