The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Francesco Aquilini says "I have no plans to make changes."

Rate this topic

AriGold2.0

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'd rather someone with some experience in the role, but I definitely like the way he breaks things down on the TV.  Smart guy and the definition of a loyal teammate.

He's been quietly running a hockey academy for a decade, and I can pretty much guarantee you that he'll be behind a bench before long.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, EliasBoeser said:

Just fire Baumer and replace him with a cinder block and I’ll be happy 

I would be perfectly happy if they only fired the assistants.

Its obvious the two areas this team is struggling is D zone play and our power play. Those two things fall squarely on the shoulders of Brown and Baumer.

Like how does Baumer keep allowing Myers to rush the puck like Hughes? Not every D man should have the green light to jump up. He’s gotta have a better handle on his defensemans strengths and weaknesses.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Aqua on flames roasting Jim's heels. 

Extinguish Season 3 GIF by The Office

Enough of that. Long term vision peeps. Jim's scouting record gave him an extra life. 

video game animation GIF by eyedesyn

Aquilini knows this isn’t the season to make big changes.

A full season of fans in the stands to recoup some money then he can spend big on a management overhaul.

Benning will be able to add some more talent in another draft and then next season if he hasnt cleaned up some bad contracts then he can get the axe.

by not moving players in trades before the deadline ensures we in running to get  luke hughes. Yes i think our assistants should be fired. unloading sutter baertchi benn pearson and edler at deadline for picks. We need to keep the kids under 27-28

core youth  next yr 

miller petey boeser

podkolzin horvat hoglander

motte gaudette virtanen

macewen lind jasek

costmar focht lockwood 

hughes schmidt

juolevi woo

brisebois tryamkin  

chatfield rafferty 

demko 

dipietro 

not all these guys will be ready but hopefully more are ready to take jump

waive eriksson roussel

one of holtby or beagle or myers will be taken by seattle hooefully 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Aquilini knows this isn’t the season to make big changes.

A full season of fans in the stands to recoup some money then he can spend big on a management overhaul.

Benning will be able to add some more talent in another draft and then next season if he hasnt cleaned up some bad contracts then he can get the axe.

Cleaning up some of those bad contracts that he handed out will likely cost us picks (which logically reduces the effectiveness of the drafting, clearly the club’s strongest attribute).

As to the thread topic...the ever ominous ‘higher ups vote of confidence’ which often is the kiss of death.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

47 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Don't be silly. If Arizona can get a new GM, as well as Buffalo, the Canucks can EASILY get a competent GM to phone for a job.

Neither of those people are NHL level GMs. 

Sure, FA could drag Shane out of the Roxy to be GM. That isn't the same as a REAL GM. 

Well that is a death flag if I ever saw one.

Sounds like any changes won't come mid season and this one is a write off (cause Aqua didn't give money for buyouts). 

I want to see JB gets promoted to President of Hockey Ops where he can concentrate on scouting and larger direction of the team and have someone who is a way better communicator and negotiator to navigate contract and trade talk.

Mark Hunter or Futa sounds like good candidates. 

Sounds like he got told no by Dean Lombardi for the 100th time about taking a job here and is doing some subsequent damage control to protect Benning and Weisbrod.

I'd be very shocked to see Benning still around come the off-season.  I'd have to question FA's ambitions to ice a good hockey team if Benning's still here by next season.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1