The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Francesco Aquilini says "I have no plans to make changes."

Rate this topic

AriGold2.0

18 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Too cheap to can anyone eh Mr. Billionaire... Sure it is an odd ball season, but you really okay with your young players playing a whole year in this tire fire environment with piss pour coaching and cap issues out the wazoo due to the GM who went to the cap and beyond during a retool?

You don't have to can everyone but sure as hell should make some sort of a move...you haven't extended the head coach so he is the easiest large scale move you can make, are his assistants all in their last year too...cause they should both go in season, no worries about quarantine...put Jason King on the bench temporarily until replacements complete quarantine.

Guess it is almost time to just look at the TDL and see if we try to gain any assets by moving some players out...or is that too risky for us and we rather not get picks or prospects back and let em walk for nothing...that is the Canuck way!!

I am already looking forward to next year, this season is almost a write off...see what kind of effort the team does the rest of the way

Exactly! Why tie your

hands with all these statements? now

you screw yourself when you

have to make changes. What if they lose 10-0. Is that ok? I don’t get why he had to come out and say this. Just another sign of their incompetence.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, canuktravella said:

benning should be director of hockey ops or president or do scouting  bring in lombardi  to do trades  frees agency 

I don't think Lombardi would like to have someone above him. Probably have to be a newbie or a disgraced GM. 

I want Mark Hunter or Futa in this case. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

7 years is hardly a long rebuild

7 years and counting. This rebuild isn't done, last I checked.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Second, it's not even partially a dumpster fire, let alone a 'complete' one

Worst defensive team in the league?

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We're very well positioned.

I don't disagree. Just that we're looking at years 9-10 for that. Unless you actually believe that was the target from the beginning.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kanucks25 said:

7 years and counting. This rebuild isn't done, last I checked.

Worst defensive team in the league?

I don't disagree. Just that we're looking at years 9-10 for that. Unless you actually believe that was the target from the beginning.

The fact that they made the playoffs and proved themselves for a couple of rounds kinda resets that clock on rebuild. Horvat has openly said that he doesn't want to go through one. I'd say it's done.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

Good to see Francesco put an end to the rumours. Benning has built this young core and has more pieces coming. He deserves to see it through. I believe he has learned from previous mistakes and its only up from here. This season is a write off anyhow.

How does he deserve things? You

just said this season is a write off anyhow but it’s a write off from all the losing from the team he assembled. He’s also responsible for losing picks and assets for nothing and not being able to resign our players. You could say he also deserves to be fired. He didn’t learn from his past mistakes, the flat cap didn’t allow him to do anymore stupid ones or get rid of past mistakes. I am frustrated that the status quo is ok for everyone involved. Any championship winning team doesn’t allow failures such as these. That’s why this hasn’t been a championship winning team and won’t be for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Thanks 1

Been a Benning basher for a while. But the moves he has made the past 2 years has been excellent. The last bad move being the Toffoli trade. 

Pretty sure Benning was on a short leash to make the playoffs last year. This is why he went so desperate with the JT Miller + Toffoli trades: it cost us 1st + 2nd + 3rd + Tyler Madden; we basically lost a draft year with those 2 trades. Well we made the playoffs and did decently so I guess that has bought him 1-2 years more to show some results. I like the team we have now. Obviously crappy performance, which Benning/coaching needs to solve. 

Just now, Crabcakes said:

You might very well think that but I get none of that thinking from Aquilini's tweets

I don’t take anything the aquilinis say seriously. I think they are bad hockey owners. Meddling is a horrible thing to have connected to a organization. The numbers don’t lie. He can say what he wants.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I don’t take anything the aquilinis say seriously. I think they are bad hockey owners. Meddling is a horrible thing to have connected to a organization. The numbers don’t lie. He can say what he wants.

I don't think they do anything that they shouldn't.  The meet with management twice a year and other than that, let them run the team.  

I do think that they were mistaken asking for a retool after Gillis left but I think they are entitled to make decisions at that level  

It was their hearts making the decision because they loved the Sedins

• Sedinery 1