The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

Are we really going to try to pin this on Demko? Lmao

Lost as a team. Couple screw ups. Other then that they didn’t play bad. With the way things have you bet we all thought there’d be an empty netter 4-2 loss. Was pretty cool to see Boes tie it up even if we lost in OT. Get 5 outta 8 points next game 

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

Well, at least Schmidt's mistake wasnt the game winning goal for the Flames

Boeser's shot was nice, can't wait to see him down low on the PP again next game :(

Demko has got to make that save

At least we got a point 

Feel better kid 

Feel Better Get Well Soon GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

Him and a few others would like to have some plays back.

The second goal Demko probably wants back and even then, he got hung out to dry tonight.

Schmidt was throwing a puck up the middle which as a defenceman is usually never a good idea... so I don't know what the hell he was thinking.

Perhaps Mr. Casual Practice needs to amplify his own efforts in the game. He's not Iverson with an excuse.

I'm gunna sound like coach Green here, but...

We played a good game. I liked our game tonight. A couple bad bounces turned into goals for them, but if those dont happen we win this one. It's unfortunate that Brock's heroics didn't get us the 2 points, but hey we'll take the 1 atleast.

Win Wednesday in Calgary and we come out with 5 out of 8 points against a good Calgary team. I like how atleast we've managed to beat Markstrom. Weve finally figured him out...

Onto the Oilers who we can manage.

I think this team has finally turned a new leaf. Unlike most, I believe we can climb out of this hole and make the playoffs. If we play like we have been the last four games, I think we'll make it there. I believe.

4 minutes ago, b3. said:

Demko really blowed tonight

According to the fans, Demko has free pass until he gets older in 2 , 3 years.  Switch goalies with the Flames and we would win all the games vs them this year.  Who knows if Marky will be bad in year 4, 5 or 6 into the contract, but look at now and the near future of our team without a legit established #1 in net.  

1 minute ago, Darius said:

so is bb our best player right now?  made some nice defensive plays, setup the first goal and got the tying goal.

Even if its debatable why #$#@R#$# are the coaches planting him in front of the net on the PP.  That kid needs to be on one of the walls.  

For sure our most consistent player. Bo should be in front of the net 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darius said:

so is bb our best player right now?  made some nice defensive plays, setup the first goal and got the tying goal.

Even if its debatable why #$#@R#$# are the coaches planting him in front of the net on the PP.  That kid needs to be on one of the walls.  

That would involve deviation from "stationary powerplay" as written on the board.

When it didn't work the first 24 times, keep trying they'll never expect it a 25th time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

I have a harder shot than garden gnome Johnny. Demko has to make that save. 

thats the difference tonight.  they got goaltending we got suspect goaltending. we can dissect all the mistakes all night, but when it comes down to it, swap goalies and its over.

its gonna be a long season