The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Didn’t they change the rule to skate can be in the air, in that case his heel has not crossed the line so good call.

But his trailing foot isnt fully in the air or in mid stride. He is starting to push off with his trailing leg as his toe becomes planted and his heel begins to lift. To me thats a stride that is taking place inside the blueline rather than a stride that is being completed over the blueline

Just now, 10pavelbure96 said:

His toe is touching though.

If it was a mid game call they might overturn it but it has to be 100% definitive to overturn a game winner, at that point they trust the on ice linesmen.

Its bs but that's why you gotta win that faceoff 

The way I understand it, even if his toe was touching his heel had not crossed the line. I think from a top down vie you look at a two dimensional picture to see if the entire skate crossed or not, does not matter if any part or non at all are touching the ice.

1 minute ago, yes we can nucks said:

Besides the mistakes, our powerplay cost us. It's always overpassing, looking for the perfect shot. Why not just pass-pass-shoot and crash the net? We outnumber them! Seems logical to me.

When was the last time our pp scored late in the third to put a team away or get on even terms?  I can’t recall. 

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s over. Ship sailed 

I know man. Im having difficulty letting go.

Toffoli was a trade i would dream about before it happened. . I literally used to imagine him on the canucks via trade...

Complete 200ft player. . Leader..cup  champion. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

maybe start with putting bo in front of the net and putting brock back in position where he can shoot.  and while they are at it, if one of the guys is looking like he is having an off night with too many mistakes put hogs up on PP1. 

instead of Trying the same thing over and over and over...

I can’t believe that someone could be so incompetent at their job (1 for 19 against the Flames), and yet continually try the same formula again and again.

Thats either arrogance or stupidity (not always mutually exclusive)

• Cheers 1

Just now, brownky said:

I just hope this lacklustre effort most nights doesn't break him down.

When his teammates are so consistently lackadaisical especially in their own zone it's just... brutal to be part of it.

Agreed. Doesnt it take 7 positives to outweight 1 negative, in terms of actions/thoughts/experiences.

Negativity feeds off of itself. Kinda like the Canucks fan base!?

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

When was the last time our pp scored late in the third to put a team away or get on even terms?  I can’t recall. 

The PP has been a non-factor since the first round vs St. Louis. That wasn't because the PP was great, it was because Binnington was awful.

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

He clearly had possession of yhe puck and turned it over 

100 percent on Jake 

unless you know hockey better than Garrett? 

Garrett was wrong. Jake got to the puck with 2 flames on him with the defence man guarding the blue line making it 3 flames. He had 2 choices 1) throw it blindly up the middle. 2) eat it and hope for help as he is being taught. 
By the way Garrett was a goalie after all. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

What I don't understand is why have Brock as the bumper on the power play it should be JT, Brock should be in the same area that he was for the tying goal on the power play 

It wouldn't work with JT because he is left handed. You need to keep the puck on the perimeter before getting it to the middle on those plays or else it gets easily knocked off your stick. A left handed shot down low on the left side also doesn't really present a risk to the goalie (remember Brock's goal down low vs MTL when he brought the puck back to the middle, only works because he's a RHS). That's why having JT on the left side and Boeser down low makes it work. Also, Horvat is already the net front guy and having a really good playmaker in JT in front of the net seems like a waste.

It does suck because utilizing Brock the way we do definitely does not suit his strengths. I'm pretty sure Brown 100% knows that. It's just that moving him to his optimal spot also requires other guys to move out of their optimal spots. I'd be okay with trying it because our PP needs some wrinkles. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Ironically, it's the highest percentage zone entry play, used league wide.

and btw - it takes place in the neutral zone, so it does not preclude EP (or Hughes) from still gaining a controlled entry.

Both are better when they are skating full steam.

So no a drop pass and then dishing to them is not as effective.

2 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Goes to show again we cannot win with average goaltending.

Very few teams can win with average goaltending. Demko will come around it’s his first year as an actual starter or 1A/B. He was literally a rookie last year 

• Upvote 1