The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Boesers all around game is improving every game - becoming quite an impressive player

One day soon Hogs has got to score - wish the whole team played with the same energy he exerts every shift

Thought we took a step back in the 2nd period

1 point

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Garrett was wrong. Jake got to the puck with 2 flames on him with the defence man guarding the blue line making it 3 flames. He had 2 choices 1) throw it blindly up the middle. 2) eat it and hope for help as he is being taught. 
By the way Garrett was a goalie after all. 

Yup. Anyone who has played wing knows how hard that play is with NHL defenders pinching down on you.

Still, that guy has very limited hockey IQ. Lots of good tools but doesn't process the game well. Other than a couple glaring gaffes he looked pretty good tonight.

2 minutes ago, khay said:

He's deferring to Miller a lot and this year's Miller is not last season's Miller and hence, the struggle.

It's like EP accepted the fact that he is not the best player on this team (behind QH and Miller) and decided to defer to them.

He will still get to near PPG or maintain PPG for the rest of the season but maybe we won't see EP dominate much at all this season.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya. I think its going to take a year like this to come in hungrier next year. I still think he needs to get bigger and work on his skating. He's not very fast or doesn't seem as fast as last year.

I kind of agree with you both.

I haven't seen this type of speed/tenacity from Petey all year.

https://youtu.be/v55Z2F_3Mz4

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

OJ is really settling in. I see top 4 in there somewhere. Good offensive instincts. Good shot.

Big frame and getting bigger. Popsitionally sound. Oozes confidence.

Hes still very young. In 2 years OJ will be a top 4D for us

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maginator said:

I kind of agree with you both.

I haven't seen this type of speed/tenacity from Petey all year.

https://youtu.be/v55Z2F_3Mz4

He looked so fast on this play. We haven't seen him skate like that at all this year which is surprising since he was here and training. Maybe he didn't get to train as much as he would have liked or needed.

• Upvote 1