The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Look at what Alex Tuch or Tom Wilson turned into. Jake has the tools but no tool box. Just a complete disappointment. 

Sometimes I wish I magically had JVs tools so I could go out there and see what I can do with them hahaha.

• Haha 4
30 minutes ago, khay said:

Thought it was clearly an offside. I was surprised they called it a good goal so quick.

Same here man... that was the quickest phone call. Toronto is just pissed that the q***fs choked a 5-1 lead

• Hydration 1
36 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Im proud of the boys. We got a point and we played an outstanding 3rd period and pulled off the near impossible

what is an offside nowadays? Why even have that f***ing rule in the book. His heel is in the air and his toe is planted offside. What the f*** is the point of even calling offsides if you can be “planted” offside, but because your heel is in the air and hanging over the line its considered not offside?

image.jpg

Used to be called offside. They changed the rule this season. Just another Canucks luck.

• Upvote 1
Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

What you’re seeing is the complete ineptitude that is Nolan Baumgartner. 

We did lose an defensive defenseman and got a puck-moving one. We needed a guy like Schmidt but we also needed a guy like Tanev. Overall the team needed to add a top 4 D without losing one.

I don't think the pairings mesh well and the systems they play may not suit them either. We need 1 or 2 defensive/physical guys on D too. Hopefully Hamonic can come back better, that's really the only option we have to address it till the off-season

Schmidt worked well with playing with a guy like McNabb and Hughes worked good playing with a poise defensive guy like Tanev.

On top of this our team D gave up a lot defensively with Tanev last year. You ultimately lose Marky, a goalie capable of bailing this type of defense out.

Overall there would be a few certain things I would have done differently last off-season. I don't think we could have kept Marky but maybe Tanev(or Toffoli). Hindsight is hindsight though.

• Hydration 1
10 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

The Nate Schmidt we see now is not the same Schmidt we saw in Vegas the previous 3 years. We have all been bamboozzled. 

Have faith bro'. He's a legit top pairing/top 4 D man. He's also a PMD. These guys are prone to glaring mishaps as they are always thinking about moving the puck up ice. His contract is good. His term is good. He's in his prime for a few more years at least. Good team guy. Knows how to win. He's an asset but this team is still growing and he can' do it on his own.

Edited by bad alice french
1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We did lose an defensive defenseman and got a puck-moving one. We needed a guy like Schmidt but we also needed a guy like Tanev. Overall the team needed to add a top 4 D without losing one.

I don't think the pairings mesh well and the systems they play may not suit them either. We need 1 or 2 defensive/physical guys on D too. Hopefully Hamonic can come back better, that's really the only option we have to address it till the off-season

Schmidt worked well with playing with a guy like McNabb and Hughes worked good playing with a poise defensive guy like Tanev.

On top of this our team D gave up a lot defensively with Tanev last year. You ultimately lose Marky, a goalie capable of bailing this type of defense out.

Overall there would be a few certain things I would have done differently last off-season. I don't think we could have kept Marky but maybe Tanev(or Toffoli). Hindsight is hindsight though.

The team does need a more stout defense that makes the opposition regret setting up in front. Hamonic and Benn have been very physical defensemen but don’t seem to be able to play that same game here. I think Baumgartner isn’t good enough to manage an NHL defense yet he’s being given one, which he’s royally screwing up. 

38 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Could have been worse.

Still blew a 2 - 0 lead. 

Sucks to be a Canucklehead sometimes

Most of the time.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Didn’t they change the rule to skate can be in the air, in that case his heel has not crossed the line so good call.

I am not a fan of the micro sec offside entry any more

Off side calls, the officiating call should have one look in REAL TIME with 1 or 2 views and make the call (forget war room in Toronto)

If a team is hemmed in after 1 minute and needs a nano sec to save them from a goal, i think is too much

Even with rules and nano sec reviews they still get lots of calls wrong

Goal reviews i am ok with micro reviews though

39 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Flames are laughing at us. Didn’t even have to try to win the game. What a joke 

All they needed to do was waiting for our generous donations of the puck.

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

But that might make Virtanen's mom mad 

MacEwen's and Virt's mom can settle the matter in the Costco parking lot.

Edited by 1-d
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Sometimes I wish I magically had JVs tools so I could go out there and see what I can do with them hahaha.

It would be good if JV had Hoglander's drive and will to go into the tough areas. For being a heavy guy. He doesn't play heavy. The opposite really.

• Hydration 1
43 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

2 - 0 lead and we blow it.

Boy thats a tough one.

Team just not deap enough. We are missing 2 top6 wingers to play with Horvat.

1 top 6 winger. We already have Hoglander and Podkolzin could be the next.

• Hydration 2