The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

15 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Sometimes I wish I magically had JVs tools so I could go out there and see what I can do with them hahaha.

I was happy to see him crush gio then show some pushback from chucky. Guy deserves some credit but this has to be a regular type of pushback.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Rush17 said:

I was happy to see him crush gio then show some pushback from chucky. Guy deserves some credit but this has to be a regular type of pushback.

Loved that too. Just doesn’t know what to do with the puck. 0 confidence in his game. Which I’d be ok with too as players can go through that. But the rollercoaster ride is been long in the tooth. No way at this point in his career should Jake be a healthy scratch and then same old Jake once he’s in. I did like the physicality tonight but that was all

650 was suggesting maybe spreading the PP talent over two equally played PPs. Maybe drop a guy or two down from PP1 and move up Pearson or hoglander. 

I am okay with this suggestion if we can get the reps in. Can we please position hoglander behind the net. :lol: I really want to see one of his Michigan's. The threat of that alone will scare opponents.

Just now, Devron44 said:

Loved that too. Just doesn’t know what to do with the puck. 0 confidence in his game. Which I’d be ok with too as players can go through that. But the rollercoaster ride is been long in the tooth. No way at this point in his career should Jake be a healthy scratch and then same old Jake once he’s in. I did like the physicality tonight but that was all

His defensive zone play scares me. His defensive IQ is scary it's like he's scared to get the puck out he wants to pass it off to someone else. Just chip it Jake.

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, 1-d said:

1 top 6 winger. We already have Hoglander and Podkolzin could be the next.

You need those guys in bottom 6 to be a contender.  Hogz on 3rd line Pod on 4th. Let them make top 6 in cpl years.

Cup teams need to be deep not just top heavy.

Just now, Rush17 said:

His defensive zone play scares me. His defensive IQ is scary it's like he's scared to get the puck out he wants to pass it off to someone else. Just chip it Jake.

I thought he made great strides in that area last year too. Green had a lot more confidence in him. This year I haven’t seen that

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Which is exactly why they need somebody willing to get in front of him.

Every good team has a guy that earns his living driving the goalie crazy. We need to be developing that guy now.

Bo?

We are built to be a possession/transition team. Not really dump and grind except for maybe the fourth line. All our forwards are engaged in the cycle and getting it back to the point. Maybe it's the coaching style or philosophy that needs altering. I agree, I don't really see that player in our current line up.

• Thanks 1

Main issue is puck management, as turnovers and own goals continue to kill us.

Other issues include goaltending (specifically not getting the big save), Petey lacking confidence, and a d core that struggles to get the puck out cleanly/ transition game (separate from turnovers).

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Which is exactly why they need somebody willing to get in front of him.

Every good team has a guy that earns his living driving the goalie crazy. We need to be developing that guy now.

Podkolzin is that guy. He'll be here next season.