The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, zetagumdam said:

Who said that Schmidt is an upgrade to our defense?  All I see is mistakes after mistakes. Not as good as advertised...

Free falling from the powerhouse Vegas team to an only-better-than-Ottawa-Senators Vancouver team is a rude awakening. Besides, our perhaps-worse-than-beer-league defensive/breakout structure will make Shea Webber looks like Eric Gudbranson.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

It's already been 'figured out'.

Two giveaways.

What would you like Green to do there?  Those are on Horvat and Schmidt.

Yep.   We are lucky to come out with a point, if TG didn't have a time out to use, BB and Tyler Myers wouldn't have been on the ice at the end, and we wouldn't have tied it up - that part of the game was a coaching result (they were on the shift before)...

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Vancan2021 said:

Chill folks! 

This is the best core we've had in recent memory. 

A little dead weight will be gone soon, with money available. 

Sorry we over achieved during the Covid cup this summer. 

It's just a sighn of things to come... Emphasis on things to come. 

This team is built and will be a 2022+ team. 

Stop the BS and crying till then. 

Is it a sure thing with Benning at the helm that Canucks won't add dead weight again ?

50 minutes ago, xereau said:

Not even close.

the only way Vancouver can make the playoffs is if they win almost every game from here on out in regulation.

I don't see this happening. 

And I am usually a cautiously optimistic person.

Edited by iinatcc

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Most penalties drawn during his time in the league... Why am I not surprised.

Guy flops when you breathe near him. 

It’s really pathetic especially when you think of what Auger/Maclean put Burrows through for his perceived flop.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

the only way Vancouver can make the playoffs is if they win almost every game from here on out in regulation.

It’s not quite there yet, but it's not that far off either. 

Just now, 4petesake said:

It’s really pathetic especially when you think of what Auger/Maclean put Burrows through for his perceived flop.

What happened to the league? Guys who embellished consistently used to get a reputation. 

While nowadays Tkachuk is constantly rewarded for making a mockery of the sport.

Slewfoot Juolevi, unexpectedly crosscheck Virtanen after the whistle, go after a rookie (hog) after the whistle, and most the time you can't do anything about it because Tkachuk won't answer for it & he'll flop for the call if you take it into your own hands.

And the refs continue to give him the benefit!!! Unbelievable

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

It's actually not that unrealistic

Basically need 3 things for it to be realistic

- JT Miller needs to stop sulking all over the ice with his low effort. 

- Ride Demko because Holtby is - again - one of the worst goalies in the league by performance. Demko hasn't been much better but you can see the obvious flaw in his game and he needs to play and work it out. Maybe he improves but his worst is better than Holtby's average ATM.

- Find a way to deploy the defense so that Hughes can play more minutes at ES and stop being the worst defender in the league*

*By eye test or statistics, the guy has been one of the worst defensive players in the whole league through the second half of last season and early in this season. If not the worst. It's in article on the athletic. 

Really all they need to do is go like a game or two above .500 against non-ottawa teams and sweep the sens. 

It's entirely possible to make the playoffs still. 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What happened to the league? Guys who embellished consistently used to get a reputation. 

While nowadays Tkachuk is constantly rewarded for making a mockery of the sport.

Slewfoot Juolevi, unexpectedly crosscheck Virtanen after the whistle, go after a rookie (hog) after the whistle, and most the time you can't do anything about it because Tkachuk won't answer for it & he'll flop for the call if you take it into your own hands.

And the refs continue to give him the benefit!!! Unbelievable

Yeah there aren’t enough players like your namesake  to go around right now. We are desperately missing a guy like that with pretty decent speed, tough as nails, and best of all, loses it from time to time. Just no bite to our game right now.

• Cheers 1