The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What happened to the league? Guys who embellished consistently used to get a reputation. 

While nowadays Tkachuk is constantly rewarded for making a mockery of the sport.

Slewfoot Juolevi, unexpectedly crosscheck Virtanen after the whistle, go after a rookie (hog) after the whistle, and most the time you can't do anything about it because Tkachuk won't answer for it & he'll flop for the call if you take it into your own hands.

And the refs continue to give him the benefit!!! Unbelievable

Stick. Throat. Take the lumps as they may come.

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

False. Benning was unable to move salary to accommodate signing Toffoli and adding on defence. Like it or not defence was the bigger priority. 

Except Benning added Holtby at the same salary Toffoli signed for. Who would you rather have on the team now ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I am not a fan of the micro sec offside entry any more

Off side calls, the officiating call should have one look in REAL TIME with 1 or 2 views and make the call (forget war room in Toronto)

If a team is hemmed in after 1 minute and needs a nano sec to save them from a goal, i think is too much

Even with rules and nano sec reviews they still get lots of calls wrong

Goal reviews i am ok with micro reviews though

I agree, maybe once the defensive team gets the puck, if they can’t clear, no review.

when they introduced the rule I came up with a fun scenario: SCF game 7. Canucks down by 1 when the Bruins enter our zone with 30 seconds left, they’re offside but it’s missed, they hem us in and with 5 seconds left I get the puck (yeah, it’s just a scenario so yes I’m on the team and also very smart) and put it into my own net, everyone freaks but I tell the coach to challenge and the goal is called off due to off side and clock is reset to 30 seconds. We then tie it up and win in OT.

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

Except Benning added Holtby at the same salary Toffoli signed for. Who would you rather have on the team now ?

Dominique or MD backing up Demko?  Terrible management.   TT was never the answer - his games against Vegas were uninspired (and he was rested, maybe not 100% but neither were most of our guys  by then).   This obsession over a guy that played just over a dozen games for us is ridiculous.   Rather have Hogs anyday, and keep the other spot open to see what Podz can do.   Heck at this point, i'm fine with keeping Pearson over TT, at least he will be cheaper and the team/fans are  used to having him around.   4.25 isn't chump change for a career middle sixer at his age.    No point in even discussing this until two years are done anyhow. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

To be fair he most definitely wouldn't have 7 of his goals because he wouldn't be playing the Canucks, and people would be losing their minds we were paying him that much. 

But I get where you are coming from. 

Edited by DS4quality

25 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I agree, maybe once the defensive team gets the puck, if they can’t clear, no review.

when they introduced the rule I came up with a fun scenario: SCF game 7. Canucks down by 1 when the Bruins enter our zone with 30 seconds left, they’re offside but it’s missed, they hem us in and with 5 seconds left I get the puck (yeah, it’s just a scenario so yes I’m on the team and also very smart) and put it into my own net, everyone freaks but I tell the coach to challenge and the goal is called off due to off side and clock is reset to 30 seconds. We then tie it up and win in OT.

Smart Nuck :)

Coach then goes on to kill you but Canucks win the cup. 

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

False. Benning was unable to move salary to accommodate signing Toffoli and adding on defence. Like it or not defence was the bigger priority. 

And how has the "adding on defence" priority worked out so far? 

Toffoli had expressed his desire to stay with us several times before FA signing period began. Benning put him on the back burner and stopped communicating, while trying to get OEL and negotiating with Markstrom. Then for the worst, Benning chose to resign Virtanen with a backloaded 2-year deal. Well now Virtanen is a 7-8 minute 4th liner, or a healthy scratch.

There was a possibility to be able to offer Toffoli a similar deal to what he got from MTL, by letting Jake walk and being a little more creative with cap room management. At the very least, the management could have extended the window simply by keeping a communication channel open with Toffoli's camp. They didn't bother, just like they didn't bother talking to Tanev and Stecher.

Benning didn't run out of time. He let the time run out himself.

Edited by 1-d
  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Frankly lucky to steal a point but really does not mean much when its Calgary we are chasing 

blew an 2-0 lead 

Unacceptable 

And here we go, he comes out of the shadows...

• Hydration 2

2 minutes ago, Merely said:

Jordan Schroder ripping it up in the KHL, Hopefully we can sign him and play him with Hoglander

Lol.   Another Gillis first round pick Jensen plays for same team.  Wonder why Gaunce didn’t sign there as well.:lol:

• Haha 3

Team simply can not string wins together 

we win 1 game and it seems like we don’t have the requirement to play 60 the next game

its a pattern to the point it is predictable 

the Travis Green country club atmosphere 

this is why this team needs a serious culture change 

we are not going the playoffs under Green and if the owner is good with that then fantastic. I hope he has deep pockets to fund a huge deficit next year when nobody buys season’s tickets to watch a tire each night 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Enjoyed the game. Costly giveaways cost us the game.

We are getting better every game now on to the next one.

Its a 56 game season and a 7 losses out is 8 games is not a great trend

to me, losing after winning is not getting better

we are a mile out if a playoff spot with teams ahead having multiple games in hand 

31 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Its a 56 game season and a 7 losses out is 8 games is not a great trend

to me, losing after winning is not getting better

we are a mile out if a playoff spot with teams ahead having multiple games in hand 

My mommy  told me not to talk to Flames fans.

• Haha 2