The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Matthew's dish it out take some time.

4 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know what I am wondering Deb? Why Tkapuke did not get a penalty for that slew foot. It was blatant! 

We just let little Matthew do what he wants because his temper tantrums are too disruptive and ruin the flow of the game.  Also, he tends to cut people with his blade so safety reasons.   He (s)lashes out.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Cat Man said:

Could be the tenth time I've watched this clip.

Brings a smile everytime.

What was with Edler letting MT face wash/speed bag him in the scrum at games end?

Alex please find some payback.

GCG

Games over. No need to engage. Just like the Oilers when that puke went after them after the game. They all just kind of stood around watching him throw a fit. Though as a side note I don't know if he would engage even if the game wasn't over... as someone mentioned, he's more of a big hitter than a fighter.

Loved that hit by juolevi though. When I seen the slew foot I was hoping to see something in return and it was awesome to see the kid throw out a big clean hit.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I hope the floodgates open (for us) tomorrow and chase markstrom out of the net. 

Edler reverse hit all game on Lindholm and Ratchuk.

Lotto line to show up in the series with a big game. 

Hoglander is due for a goal. 

Demko with the shutout. 

6-0 Canucks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

Finally a great game to watch, very few giveaways, good all round effort. It was getting to the point I was scared to turn on the TV. Let's hope they can build on this and maybe take 3 from 4 against the Lames.

The last time they played that well was against the Jets and they followed it up with a scrappy win and then 6 losses. Let's hope history does not repeat itself!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yes we can nucks said:

Looking forward to seeing Tkachuk juoleveled again, then schmidten, then bennt, then brocked in quick succession! LOL.

Edit: oh yeah, I forgot...and after Tkachuk gets mottled and milled he gets myered in the IR!

I think the correct term is that he was OJ'd.

Reference: OJ Simpson 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I hope the floodgates open (for us) tomorrow and chase markstrom out of the net. 

Edler reverse hit all game on Lindholm and Ratchuk.

Lotto line to show up in the series with a big game. 

Hoglander is due for a goal. 

Demko with the shutout. 

6-0 Canucks. 

yeah that back hander that hit the crossbar would been sick.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, x00x said:

Flames will be pushing hard in this game, will be interesting...just depends if marky is on his game and if the nucks can play 60mins again, if they can, than it will be a close game, if they cant play 60mins, flames will win...

It also REALLY depends on whether we get blind eyed refs or ones that do a decent job and don't allow Tkachuking.  He's a sourpuss when things aren't going his way and the cheap shots worry me.  The refs had BETTER show up and be consistent, fair and...at the very least, awake.

We don't have much (any?) pushback but we also shouldn't have to contend with crap that goes against good hockey.  Knees, slewfoots, charges into the boards...that stuff needs to be monitored and addressed.  Edler gives good solid hits and when they get their panties in a knot they better restrain themselves.  I don't buy the accidental on purpose stuff that they tend to do.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It also REALLY depends on whether we get blind eyed refs or ones that do a decent job and don't allow Tkachuking.  He's a sourpuss when things aren't going his way and the cheap shots worry me.  The refs had BETTER show up and be consistent, fair and...at the very least, awake.

We don't have much (any?) pushback but we also shouldn't have to contend with crap that goes against good hockey.  Knees, slewfoots, charges into the boards...that stuff needs to be monitored and addressed.  Edler gives good solid hits and when they get their panties in a knot they better restrain themselves.  I don't buy the accidental on purpose stuff that they tend to do.

All the cheap crap they do is the identity they are creating.  Hard not to when you have Tkachuk influencing your style of play.   They seem to think they are an intimidating team because of it  but they are far from that.  More like a team in decline trying desperately to remain relevant.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

60 minutes of hard work required from the whole team.  Thinking they can do this.

Hoglander due for a goal

OJ improves everytime he hits the ice

Need another big game from Myers

Go Canucks Go

I want oj to play hard and hit harder on all moving targets.  Gritty hockey.  Feels like we are the friendliest team in the NHL.  I think if greener is more passionate like torts it be fire see Laine fighting??? It's crazy different type of beast scores and fights next Bobby Orr