The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

23 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I didn't say THEY would, now did I? 

However, I did imply Edler isn't shy to throw an elbow, or trip a guy who's close to the boards, and butt end players in the ribs. He does that kind of thing all the time.

You should pay closer attention to the game, and also what people are actually writing.

And didn't Myers butt end Tkapuke in the face? So there's that too.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Bure2Win said:

Which in turn left another Flame a clear line to the net....Sigh

That was Virtanen's man if you watched it clearly. Virtanen should of have been on the opposite side of the guy(closer to his goalie) in order to prevent him from having a clear lane to get to the net incase the Flames won the board battle, which they did. Instead Virtanen skated to the other-side(closer to the blueline) of his guy allowing him a free lane to skate to the net unguarded.

OJ could either let MT walk in with Virtanen's guy trying to play the pass in an odd-man situation or play the body in the hopes that Virtanen is in good position which he wasn't.

Luckily Virtanen bailed himself out and was able to check the guy before he got a good shot off.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, aznmonk said:

I want oj to play hard and hit harder on all moving targets.  Gritty hockey.  Feels like we are the friendliest team in the NHL.  I think if greener is more passionate like torts it be fire see Laine fighting??? It's crazy different type of beast scores and fights next Bobby Orr

I never thought a player like OJ would be our best hitter. I  hope he gets one of those every game.

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

His hits per 60 is on par with Edler(8th/9th best for people who have played 10 games or more) and his blocks per 60 is 2nd best behind Benn.

He's a smart hitter too. Picked his spot, i hope he brings it again next game like that. 

Those numbers remind me of Gaunce and Biega's mumbers. Reliable hitters.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

How's everyone feeling today? Hoping for another strong game from the boys.

We could have beat the Leafs in our last meeting, we should have been the Flames in the first, but we did in the second. Let's keep the good play rolling