The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, apollo said:

How epic was it of Calder Myers to end the streak last game? Channeling his inner burrows at the most important moment 

LONG LIVE CALDER MYERS! 

This video doesn't relate now that we're once again cup contenders but I'm gonna put it anyways since we're 1-0 now with me posting it. 

Imagine those Canucks in the North Division 

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Let's go boys!!!

What weight is Joulevi playing at? Roster says 182 but that was his draft weight, no? Big question as to roster when Hamonic draws back in. I want a Canuck rookie d-man in the line up each game no matter what. 

Hoglander: Wow! How many posts in the last 5 games? 3? He is due. There are a number of players in this lineup that can win a game any given night. IMHO Hoglander is one of those. His puck retrieval and possession is outstanding. Tremendous puck handling and shot. Sad to see his interview where he occupies himself with calling back home to Sweden to entertain himself. The young players need the off ice support of team mates more than anyone else. 

You would think that if he can maintain this pace, and I see no reason why he won't, he should be in serious consideration as Rookie of the Year. He should actually be leading the rookie scoring with a little more puck luck.

Edited by BarnBurner
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it was. The only surprising part is Tkatpuke didn't get his skate blade involved in the play. I'm thrilled we don't have this p.o.s. on our team. 

The league needs to come down harder on these slew foots. Its only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured... oh wait..... Scheifele...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

You would think that if he can maintain this pace, and I see no reason why he won't, he should be in serious consideration as Rookie of the Year. He should actually be leading the rookie scoring with a little more puck luck.

Lol and i'd be a par golfer, if only i didn't blow a putt or duff a shot

Until it's done it is just excuses

He is better at hockey , than i am at golf and ok with that :)

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

He's still a bean pole, like EP has skinny shoulders, an inch or so taller.

Funny you compare him to Petterson. They are both similar in build and even hair colour/facial features. I wish OJ wasn't #48 as I  mistake him for Petterson sometimes until I see the full number. Lol.

Edited by CptCanuck16
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Lol and i'd be a par golfer, if only i didn't blow a putt or duff a shot

Until it's done it is just excuses

He is better at hockey , than i am at golf and ok with that :)

Yeah sure. You keep up that golf fantasy there. :picard:

That has nothing to do with excuses. He's actually playing in the NHL and the guy drives the play. It's only a matter of time before they start going in.

Edited by BarnBurner

7 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Funny you compare him to Petterson. They are both similar in build and even hair colour/facial features. I wish OJ wasn't #48 as I  mistake him for Petterson sometimes until I see the full number. Lol.

Especially as now he is gaining the confidence to get up on the play, take the puck behind the net, etc.  We saw flashes of that in Utica last 2 seasons, but it is nice to see him doing it at the NHL level.  And I agree, when he does, we will have to peer at the number to make sure it isn't Petey

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

The league needs to come down harder on these slew foots. Its only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured... oh wait..... Scheifele...

He lifted his skate appearing to go for an achilles cut!!!!

Replays over and over on that incident, the talking media heads more or less split.

Paul Maurice livid, Lames blow it off as ANOTHER non incident.

• Sad 1

Eriksson played a much better game and looked far hungrier than Virtanen in the last game. Who would have thunk? 

I just don’t understand how Virtanen can go so many games without any kind of passion or initiative. He is going to play himself out of the league at this rate.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1