The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 15, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Aquilini stated that he had no intention of canning Green and Benning. He didn’t say anything about Baumgartner or Brown, did he?

“I have full confidence in Jim, Travis, and this group.”

It’s a vague statement, but “this group” possibly includes the assistants.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

again, clean up the giveaways (and stupid penalties) - otherwise, a solid effort.  Keep up the puck pressure and puck support.

Yeah, played well enough to be ahead in this one for sure.  The Marky/Tanev effect in play. 

Hope this group shows some resilience in the 3rd.  Just gotta stick with it and we’ll get it back.

I think they do.

• Cheers 1

The mental mistakes by thia team just hurts my head. Flames dont even need to play a good game when we shoot ourselves in the foot. Where is the team that played last game. They have reverted back to their passive defensive game and soft cross passes. This team needs to know Marky isnt back there to save their collective butts. Demko is just not Marky. 

I hate these Flames so much. I hope the Canucks give it everything in the third. 
Speaking of third, our third line is dreadful. What a bunch of misfits. Virtanen looks lost, Gaudette looks as valuable as he did in the bubble and needs a haircut, and Eriksson must have decided his assist last game has given him a free pass to float tonight.

Edited by Slegr

1 minute ago, gregthehockeynut said:

They could have easily called that Lindholm hit a 5min charge as he reached around with that elbow trying not to hit the numbers.

That's the price of string of soft calls, they wouldn't call the major there.

Which is disgusting especially since Calgary was on the PP thanks to Gaudreau trying out for the Olympic diving team.

• Vintage 1

Just now, 1-d said:

No, but he's not the first and certainly won't be the last one coming here and finding himself in this sh*tshow of Canucks defence.

Coming from Vegas to Vancouver is a straight fall from a cliff.

Schmidt: what's the system?

NB: collapse

Schmidt: and...

NB: when you think you can't collapse more, go further

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2