The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CANUCKS are NOT the WORST TEAM in the NHL

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Ottawa just spanked Calgary, beat Montreal and are trending upwards. Detroit sure do suck but we're 3rd last in terms of points percentage, and surely soon Ottawa will surpass us as well.

2nd worse in the NHL to Detroit, I wonder who would win if we played each other. We are certainly close to the worst team in the league and sadly this is the worst the Canucks have ever played in their history. I know there were some dark days in the late 80s/90s but they had a shocking roster. Our roster is decent, we're against the cap and we're playing average opponents in the North divison (Edmonton, Calgary and Ottawa especially when they were all bad) but we're still heading for the overall 1st pick.

this is prolly the worse and most disappointing team in the league based on the talents available on the team don't think it's even close lol.. to be put in the same sentence as ottawa and detroit

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

this is prolly the worse and most disappointing team in the league based on the talents available on the team don't think it's even close lol.. to be put in the same sentence as ottawa and detroit

Well yea to have had a 5 or 6 year head start on our rebuild and still be in the same place as them is not acceptable.

I get it takes time to build a winner but trending backwards this much at this stage is definitely disheartening.

Sure we may have faired better in a normal season but it’s more the general attitudes of some of the players and the bad habits they’re developing that I’m worried about.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Well yea to have had a 5 or 6 year head start on our rebuild and still be in the same place as them is not acceptable.

I get it takes time to build a winner but trending backwards this much at this stage is definitely disheartening.

Sure we may have faired better in a normal season but it’s more the general attitudes of some of the players and the bad habits they’re developing that I’m worried about.

i think we were all expecting a step back this season.. but was expecting a baby step back.. right now it feels like we took giant steps backward.. and i'm not optimistic about how next couple season our defense will magically fix itself even with the deadcaps gone. it's not like the free agency are littered with good defenseman that can fix this defense

10 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i think we were all expecting a step back this season.. but was expecting a baby step back.. right now it feels like we took giant steps backward.. and i'm not optimistic about how next couple season our defense will magically fix itself even with the deadcaps gone. it's not like the free agency are littered with good defenseman that can fix this defense

I was not expecting a step back, that’s failure, I expect moving forwards, why the heck are we ok with failure? That’s just loser talk and that’s why we’re losers.