The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Lames | February 17, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Is this recent? Poor kid is gonna be concussion protocol. If the khl has one I'm assuming not.

This morning.

He’s been a bright spot for Canucks fans over the past few weeks but it looks like he won’t be in action for a little bit.

Vasily Podkolzin has been playing great hockey over the past few weeks, you’ve seen the articles and clips here at CanucksArmy. Podkolzin has been playing more minutes in the KHL, and was part of the captaincy for Russia at the Beijer tournament. He also only has five more KHL games to go in his regular season.

Those games may be in question after Podkolzin took a shoulder to the head in Tuesday’s KHL game.

Podkolzin had over 11 minutes of ice time late in the second period when he took an elbow to the head in the corner and needed to be helped off the ice.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

Interesting that Edler doesn't have a goal yet this season (and only 4 assists). Snake bit? I really believe how the veterans (and captain) go, the younger players will follow. Canucks need more snarl and grit from Edler, Sutter, Beagle, Pearson, Miller and Benn.

I'm giving Roussel a pass, because any more sandpaper and he'd get kicked out of the league. Myers too, really too bad he's penalized for being bigger than everyone.  He's basically got to go to his knees to make a bodycheck.  More so than anyone, Bo has to step up and lead. Some games I hardly notice him, when he should be noticeable every game (for the right reasons). He doesn't have to fight, but he can straighten Tkachuk out, like Jake did last game. He can drive the net, even though it's Marky. Throw some big hits. Year of the Ox. 

I think if the vets get going, then the Canucks will be in good shape. If the young guys are being relied on for everything, then it could be rough.   

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just watching the Tom Cruise movie Edge of Tomorrow and it hits me. You know the one.  Where everyday is the same and repeats over and over and he has to change this and that to go further before getting killed and repeating all over again.

That is what this season feels like...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Just watching the Tom Cruise movie Edge of Tomorrow and it hits me. You know the one.  Where everyday is the same and repeats over and over and he has to change this and that to go further before getting killed and repeating all over again.

That is what this season feels like...

Well said. Also underrated movie. 

war film GIF by Tech Noir

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

This really is a young star fanboy market.

Love to fluff the 'stars' endlessly. 

But don't have the vision, or sense, to see the obvious limits of their young players.

"EP is an elite shutdown center".  

"Hughes is a #1 - already had one of the best seasons for a Canucks D all-time."

Hughes last night - does not have the sense to get tf off the ice - taking arrogant ridiculously long double shifts - and in the end - he took an exposed, exhaustion penalty that resulted in the game-winning overtime powerplay goal.   But....it's all Green or Baumgartner's fault.   Don't have the sense or guts to name it what it is - a young "star" making mistakes.   Instead of realizing that 20 year olds tend to come with growing pains - Vancouver deludes itself that players like Hughes are 'in their prime', ready to carry this team, and being dragged down by overpriced veterans.  What an absolute noob take.  This market fluffs them endlessly and prematurely - and does a disservice in the process.  What courage and analytical genius it takes to fanboy the stars.

Get off the ice and stop disrespecting your team-mates Quinn.  Ironically, they tied the game up with you in the box.  That's an important learning window.

EP - lacking confidence - not taking shots - faking that one timer on the powerplay time and time again - but....it's all Brown's fault.   I'm not going to bother to post EP's outcomes - they're no more flattering than Hughes (if as).  There's no point in being critical - the young guy is a brilliant talent that works hard and bleeds frustration due to his desire to play at the top of his game - at both ends of the ice.  I have nothing but patience for him - but realistically - he too still needs to play with a foundation.

This team needs it's Motte, Beagle, Sutter, Edler types far more than it realizes.

This market was oblivious to how much it needed Tanev - that would be my main critical point regarding the offseason - Tanev imo should have been priority #1.

That said - there is no deadline to find a partner for Hughes.  Yeah - he's going through some growing pains playing with an 8th man, a LHD in Benn (and a rusty Hamonic before him).   That remains the top priority for the franchise imo - whether they acquire a young RHD, or potentially have that player already in the system. 

I am looking forward to seeing what Tryamkin looks like beside Hughes - that may be one 'ace' that influenced those decisions...

One of best posts ive seen in weeks. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Earlier today video said 6hrs ago loaded just saw ppl talking about it and had to look, doesn’t look good couldn’t hold himself up at spaghetti legs 

lets pick that kid up and put him on the taxi squad *lehtera* to play against calgary

38 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

image.png

Hope someone levels Tka dump tomorrow.  He's at Marchand despicable levels for me...didn't take him long to get there either.

Wish we had one guy who could bring cocky players back down to earth.  Sure wish Ferland wasn't wrecked.

yes his name is lehtera, is he available lets trade jake for him