The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

And how many times have we seen Myers penalized for the 2nd & 3rd crosscheck infront of our net?????

As much as I complain in the heat of the battle, I do sympathize with how hard a job the refs have. But this situation was served up on a silver platter & they fumbled it badly. 

yeah those hoggy crosschecks were super blatant and he's like 5 feet away from them.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

We play a big strong team and Mac is in the press box. Green is a tool. Seriously, done with him. 

I’m fairly certain you won’t see him next year. I don’t see why they would extend him and I’m not even a Green hater. One thing I’m pretty certain of though is he will be here for the rest of the season regardless 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey needs to spend the summer working out with Hoglander. No unicycle though. Just straight to the gym every day. 

With his body type it’s probably going to take some time for him to fill out and get the necessary strength he’s needing. He’s probably having a hard time packing on the pounds because of his genetics which is why he seems rattled when it’s brought up around him. I said it before, he’s a player that’s not going to really hit his stride for a few more seasons when he physically matures and when he does look out. Hughes too.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TheFly said:

Hog is the better player atm. Pete needs legs and core. He was sneering when questioned about it pre season. He cant keep up now.

I agree.

I still recall fans on the board circulating the fake jacked picture of Petey prior to last season.  

Petey has maybe gained 10 lbs max since his rookie year and hasnt done much to improve his skating.  

• Cheers 2

Not a well played team game

Not to many individual highlights either

Scrum at the end - hope that's not the end of that. This could have the potential to be nastier then Cal-Van. Sunday should be interesting

JT, Petey -  terrible game

OJ - I'm beginning to really like this kid - you can start to see what the scouts saw in him.  See the game well

Bring on Sunday

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yes Green and did you call a timeout and express that to YOUR team?

difference was they shot and Demko saved us and we passed and didn’t make their no name goalie save them 

not so sure that constitutes a game that could have gone either way 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I know Petey is still good but send a msg. That's all I'm saying. Oh well, that talk of Petterssons contract being north of 10 million are &^@#in laughable now. 

Sitting him would probably bring about more negatives than positives. We didn't sit Boeser last year when his goal scoring was at an all-time low and Petey/Miller were the ones driving that line.

Anyone who thought Petey was getting 10M in a Covid flat cap environment is tripping. He hasn't been as good as Aho who was able to get 8.46M on an offer-sheet.

Expect bridge deals around 6-7M for both Petey/Hughes.

Edited by Junkyard Dog