The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Always has been. His grittiness has always been battling for position and the puck. There’s a misconception around here by a lot of people of the type of player he is.

Horvat is 215 pounds but he isn't playing tough, he is not even hitting much...that's not cool.  

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Always has been. His grittiness has always been battling for position and the puck. There’s a misconception around here by a lot of people of the type of player he is.

In that sense yeah but I am not talking about that sense.

I am talking about heavy hitters and intimidating/punishing players like Ferland. Horvat is nothing like Ferland in terms of overall physical play.

We need a few guys like Ferland. And at least one solid veteran guy to lead us in the physical department in the sense I am talking about.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Depth scoring has always been a problem since Benning has been here. Winnipeg seems to have fast, young players who contribute on the bottom half of their lineup. I just think the bottom half of our lineup is stale and doesn't offer much.

If the bottom half is set up properly though you don’t need a massive offensive contribution 

you just can’t  have it be a liability 

jets bottom 6 has plenty of no names but Maurice has them executing their assigned roles 

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm fine with the first two shots after a 'questionable' play, a guys frustrated I get it. But the third shot late - when the play's moved on - is where the line is crossed.

Then the ultimate problem is it allowed Forbort immunity to take a full on run at Hoglander in garbage time, when it could've been squashed on this play right here^. That's the ultimate frustration. 

What pisses me off Smashin

Is that Horvat is right there..............I am so annoyed with Horvat this year...........216 lbs! And he lets Hogs get smashed 3 frigging times the first time

Do you think if he would have responded, maybe the 2nd occurrence would not have happened?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

We have a young rookie in Hogs that arguably has been out best player ( with Brock) and he he abused 

he get cross checked and slashed

we did nothing in terms of a response, the point was more important that sticking up for a kid 

pathetic soft team 

they see we don’t  stick up so they go after Hogs again 

Maybe it is not that they didn't want to respond, but they have no one who can respond!  We have probably the softest roster in the division except maybe the Leafs, but the Leafs have a lot more elite stars then we do.  

21 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I am just saying that from my perspective the only true improvement is reflected on the scoreboard 

this team has a better roster than are results are 

Sounds like that “your five minutes late” mentality... it’s a bit first level...

13 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The more you watch it the funnier it gets :lol:

Agreed, the milk spoosh is classic.

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

@luckylager

Perhaps partly a confidence thing.

Looking to create the perfect play when you need a goal, rather than - when your confident - not thinking too much & just throwing puck on net when you get the chance.

Might be something to that, but more than anything it comes down to being too cute. Way too much nicey-nicey cutey-poot crap, for way too long. 

But sucking is just fine. A high pick will be great grumble grumble grhdbdhdnaislnfhfusmsmmdjdnfhdssndh

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

What pisses me off Smashin

Is that Horvat is right there..............I am so annoyed with Horvat this year...........216 lbs! And he lets Hogs get smashed 3 frigging times the first time

Do you think if he would have responded, maybe the 2nd occurrence would not have happened?

For sure, but Horvat is never a guy who plays tough.  Yes, he is 215, but he just doesn't have the toughness in him, which is disappointing.  

17 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Have you seen the stats for the bottom half of our lineup? Players are stuck on one and two goals with no assists and have played a majority of  the games. The top players , Pettersson and Miller have low stats for first line players. The stats don't lie. The roster the way it's built isn't good enough.

Miller is averaging almost a point a game.  He’s not the problem.  The Canucks are 3rd overall in goals for but last overall in goals against. 

The 2 problems we have are keeping the puck out of our net and Petey’s production.  He’s our weak link in the top 6 right now. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller is averaging almost a point a game.  He’s not the problem.  The Canucks are 3rd overall in goals for.

The 2 problems are keeping the puck out of our net and Petey’s production.  He’s our weak link in the top 6 right now. 

Miller's passing is a big problem right now. He can't make a pass to save his life. He is always giving up the puck and putting teammates in compromising situations. At least this year he has.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller is averaging almost a point a game.  He’s not the problem.  The Canucks are 3rd overall in goals for but last overall in goals against. 

The 2 problems are keeping the puck out of our net and Petey’s production.  He’s our weak link in the top 6 right now. 

Yes and Miller gifted the first goal to the Jets 

• Cheers 1