The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Imo, Horvat and Edler still seems to have the mentality exhibited during the Sedins' era (great players but being a douche is just not a part of there makeup): gentleman's hockey.   I can't remember the game but a more recent example is when Edler was having a Marchand & Sedins type moment; Elder did not over react which is the right reaction but on the ice you have to show some bite or emotion when someone is trying to hurt you.

Hopefully, as the leadership of the team changes, so will the teams' toughness - a type that bites back (hard) at the right time but does not play sloppy/undiscipline hockey....

The leadership of the team won't change anytime soon though, looks like Horvat is going to be the captain of this team for a long, long time.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

In fairness to Bo; my response would be its late in a 1-0 game - where they've played pretty well - your focused on getting the tying goal, and taking an undisciplined penalty would be a back breaker.

At the end of the game when they jumped in was the time. At the point it happened your still fighting for points you need, you hope the ref does his job.

I agree, that is what Horvat was thinking, because he learned from the Sedin's

The truth is, though, that if Hoglander gets hurt on the play, or on the last play, and there was no response

Does it hurt our team long run......how many games does Hoglander miss

Horvat should just have baseball swung his stick on the back of the idiots legs and put him down

Then he could have asked the refs, what they were thinking, as he went to the box

IMO,. that sends a lessen that may save teeth later on, so, although I understand

Horvat has to man up at some point..............he is a lousy captain

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller is averaging almost a point a game.  He’s not the problem.  The Canucks are 3rd overall in goals for but last overall in goals against. 

The 2 problems we have are keeping the puck out of our net and Petey’s production.  He’s our weak link in the top 6 right now. 

16th in goals for taking into account the number of games played and 3rd to last in goals against only ahead of SJS and Ottawa.  

The North does not look particularly strong defensively and that could be inflating the offensive numbers vs a typical season where they would play some more reliable defensive teams.  There’s also more offence in the North so that could be hurting the goals against.  Given the format doesn’t feel all that fair to compare teams cross division.  

In the North Vancouver is only outproducing Ottawa and Calgary in goals per game, with all the other teams save Ottawa allowing less goals against.  

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

The truth is, though, that if Hoglander gets hurt on the play, or on the last play, and there was no response

Horvat should just have baseball swung his stick on the back of the idiots legs and put him down

Then he could have asked the refs, what they were thinking, as he went to the box

IMO,. that sends a lessen that may save teeth later on, so, although I understand

Agreed 100%!!!

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

For anyone that missed it this is what resulted in the 4 on 4. This is tough to figure but full credit to Myers.

If this is Brad Meier on the job, he's probably being paid too much.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

"TWO MINUTES HOLDING"

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dogcrazy said:

The leadership of the team won't change anytime soon though, looks like Horvat is going to be the captain of this team for a long, long time.  

Perhaps ?   Edelrs' tenure is almost done and this new core (that now includes Hog) seems to be more willing to engage in a less gentlemanly type of hockey...

8 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Wow! Heavy criticism from you janis!!! :lol:'

I definitely sympathize with this. There are times where things have happened & I would've liked to see Bo show some more pushback. 

I did think earlier in the game he was giving it too the refs a bit - partly for getting in his way multiple times & partially for a few plays that could've been called. (I recall him visibly turning to the ref after interfering with his play a second time)

If Hoglander was injured then definitely I would have wanted him to turn to Forbort immediately. But it didn't happen so we won't know.. (though from the past, I agree I've seen a less pushback than I'd like, which leads to reasonable doubt in this case)

I don't know if I'd call him a lousy captain but I get where your coming from for sure. A lack of pushback is something we've seen continually throughout the years. This group is slightly better IMO but I'd still like to see more capable personnel added as the team grows. 

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If this is Brad Meier on the job, he's probably being paid too much.

image.png

image.png

image.png

"TWO MINUTES HOLDING....I DON'T KNOW, I'M HAMMERED"

Yeah the officiating was very similar to what we would expect in the playoffs and tonight the Jets took advantage of how THIS officiating crew was managing the game.  Your pictures says it all - smh...

If it is the same crew, I hope they don't change it up to compensate for today's game...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Vintage 1

We shouldn't have looked to Ferland. Seem to recall his name associated with IR a helluva' lot, before we even signed him. Can't act like it was some surprise. Gritty kid & brave..but we signed already damaged goods in that case.

Not enough toughness for yrs now. Damn shame, but it's true.

Missed watching the 1st p..but that was a lemon. Should've missed more.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Also notice that Myers is tied up with the big Amish guy and Appleton at the same time.

I feel a little better seeing that at least the guys all did jump in.  Not much of a response in the way of making anyone pay, but at least they tried.

• Cheers 2