The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Green needs to have a chat with Miller as he is costing our team games. Its not just this game but he has been giving pucks away with his terrible decisions and not passing the puck to Boeser and holding on the puck for too long that causes a turnover is really killing our first line. Would love to see Hoglander promoted to1st line and have miller play with Horvat for a bit. Maybe drop miller to the 3rd line and play him as 3C for some games. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

im pretty much done with the soft play of team   hoglander is hardest hitters on team lol coach made this team to passive 

teams gonna fall down in standings 

at deadline ship some players out and fire green hes a bum

keep petey hoglander hughes brocker gaudette virtanen demko juolevi motte macewen schmidt

trade horvat miller myers edler sutter baertchi pearson 

waive eeiksson

Edited by canuktravella
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

Seems like Miller thinks he is better than he is. Making too many moves, trying to be too fancy. He said when he got here he tried to teach Petey and Boeser to dump and chase more. Now he keeps wheeling and dealing but dealing to the other team or just outright getting his pocket picked. Also, we might be the worst passing team in the league. Passes are so off base it's frustrating to watch. They are in skates, behind the intended target or way outta reach. I miss the days we passed too much, wasting ozone time is better than these terrible passes that are leading to chances against.

• Vintage 1

Big issues right now with everyone not named Boeser or Hoglander. Having the plugs Virtanen and Gaudette on the same roster is just asking to shorten the bench. Thought our D played well apart from the risky play at the line which again leads to the game winner.

Defence is tightening up though which is good to see but of course we need a balance and can't find it. Miller and Petey let us down again, if I were Green I would swap Bo and Petey. Bo gets decimated defensively playing top matchups, he's got some skill so I say time to put Petey on the 2nd line with Hoglander, and get Bo on the 1st line and match them head to head with other team's best lines.

45 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

im pretty much done with the soft play of team   hoglander is hardest hitters on team lol coach made this team to passive 

keep petey hoglander hughes brocker gaudette virtanen demko juolevi motte macewen schmidt

waive eeiksson

Say waaat?

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Team toughness is a joke.  We need a player in each line that can and willing to drop the gloves to protect themselves and their teammates. 

Welcome to the new NHL , there's no such thing anymore,  ... the old NHL is long gone its all about the euros and them flying past people and laughing while they break speeding laws.

people are to scared to touch anyone anymore, its sad really...loved the joey kocurs, chris nilan's  , tie domi's and so on, no such thing anymore, its become the pansy league 

Edited by x00x

55 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Seems like Miller thinks he is better than he is. Making too many moves, trying to be too fancy. He said when he got here he tried to teach Petey and Boeser to dump and chase more. Now he keeps wheeling and dealing but dealing to the other team or just outright getting his pocket picked. Also, we might be the worst passing team in the league. Passes are so off base it's frustrating to watch. They are in skates, behind the intended target or way outta reach. I miss the days we passed too much, wasting ozone time is better than these terrible passes that are leading to chances against.

I agree, I thought I was the only one that noticed it. I don't know whats gotten in his head after an 80 pt season, but he's playing like he thinks hes a finesse player now. The numbers are nice with Miller, but fact is his decision making has been absolutely horrible this season. He's basically trying make his best Mason Raymond impersonation, playing the perimeter, passing up open shots. They've been playing hot potato the whole night tonight, the only guy in that line that tried to make a difference tonight was Boeser who was flying tonight. Boeser, The Horvat line was pretty much the only forwards that showed up tonight, and Gauds was ok.

The defencemen for the most part played pretty good tonight, top to bottom. Really like where Juolevi's game is going, played really well with Myers these last few games, Schmidt was a stud and Benn was steady

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

waive eeiksson

if you trade Horvat,  might as well trade Boeser, Hughes, Petersson ... then we will have the zamboni driver play for us. We need to add to the core not get rid of it when we are just finishing off the rebuild. Losing Tanev, Toffoli and Marky hurt us so we need to add depth

49 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Big issues right now with everyone not named Boeser or Hoglander. Having the plugs Virtanen and Gaudette on the same roster is just asking to shorten the bench. Thought our D played well apart from the risky play at the line which again leads to the game winner.

Defence is tightening up though which is good to see but of course we need a balance and can't find it. Miller and Petey let us down again, if I were Green I would swap Bo and Petey. Bo gets decimated defensively playing top matchups, he's got some skill so I say time to put Petey on the 2nd line with Hoglander, and get Bo on the 1st line and match them head to head with other team's best lines.

Yeah, switch the centres around or even put Hogs up with Petey and Miller with Horvat. I think Miller seemed to forgotten the fact that he was a 3rd - 4th line scrub, and now he thinks he's prolific scorer

6 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

if you trade Horvat,  might as well trade Boeser, Hughes, Petersson ... then we will have the zamboni driver play for us. We need to add to the core not get rid of it when we are just finishing off the rebuild. Losing Tanev, Toffoli and Marky hurt us so we need to add depth

You know, when Karlsson was available for trade from Ottawa, I thought, "mmm maybe Horvat the other way" then our boy got injured for a little bit and we saw what the team looked like without Bo. Geez, the team looked liked a mess and lost practically every game without him. The stat sheet doesnt' remotely show how important Horvat is to this team

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

43 minutes ago, x00x said:

Welcome to the new NHL , there's no such thing anymore,  ... the old NHL is long gone its all about the euros and them flying past people and laughing while they break speeding laws.

people are to scared to touch anyone anymore, its sad really...loved the joey kocurs, chris nilan's  , tie domi's and so on, no such thing anymore, its become the pansy league 

Avs - Redwings late 90s ,early 2000s. Absolute blood bath, now THAT was big boy hockey

• Upvote 1

Good players, but not a good team.

Why didn't they use the short time in this years camp to practice on the ice as much as they could instead doing the usuall intensive testing in the gym? They replaced half of the D, they needed practice, practice, practice. The Coaches thought they could practice on the fly during the season - they were wrong.

They simply wasted the short time in the camp.

2 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

You know, when Karlsson was available for trade from Ottawa, I thought, "mmm maybe Horvat the other way" then our boy got injured for a little bit and we saw what the team looked like without Bo. Geez, the team looked liked a mess and lost practically every game without him. The stat sheet doesnt' remotely show how important Horvat is to this team

Don't worry, Horvat will get back to par soon. 

Then the whipping boy will be whoever is having a bad week then... 

• Cheers 1