The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Can you imagine if those plays were made on McDavid?

This league has such a ridiculous double standard.

Apparently it was playoff rules tonight, guess we didn’t get the memo. Or maybe they just call it that way when it suits the bigger team...

Only playoff teams get the playoff calls :bigblush:

3 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Decision making comes with confidence, confidence comes form result, result comes from hard work and from time to time, luck. He leads the league in posts this season. And for some reason, he just doesn't play well against Canadian teams since his rookie season. When you don't get results after working hard, you start second guessing yourself and start squeezing his sticks a little tighter and make bad decisions with the puck. I just think facing a team he has success against will benefit him to snap out of the slump. Because of this dumb &^@# division, none of the teams he enjoy playing against are available. Instead he gets to play against teams he struggles with over and over and over again.

Hate to break it to you but that's not going to happen. You cant just accept the fact that he arbitrarily sucks against a certain group of teams. That's &^@#in asinine bruv. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Apparently it was playoff rules tonight, guess we didn’t get the memo. Or maybe they just call it that way when it suits the bigger team...

Good, all games should be that way.  It was a wide open, entertaining game.  Believe it of not, players prefer officials to let players deal with things

Just now, TheFly said:

So disappointing. I thought if there was one guy that was gonna get better with age it was Pete. Opposite is true so far.

He’s Greenified, every day he’s our coach more damage is done to this team and will take longer to fix. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Well put, or Crosby or Marner, or Mathews. The officials are a joke the way they are so inconsistent with what's a penalty. It's whatever they feel and it's ruining the game.

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’d be disappointed if LE is back next game. I’m so tired of that guy. Mac needs to play 

Agree. He was effective at times against the Flames but this game needed a bit more grit and hitting to force mistakes from the Jets defence.

MacEwen should come back in.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

If Green was smart, he would play an angry MacEwen (from being scratched) next game and tell him to hit every small Jet player. 

And target forbert.  Team needs to send a message when a guy mugs one of their rookies like that.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Tough one tonight. Couldn't find a breakthrough. We played well but couldn't find a way to reel this one. Demko was great. The team needs to step up and create more chances as well as pepper more shots on the goalie. We did that but we needed that one perfect shot. We need to find a way to win the next one. GCG!

I wish we had someone who could take care of a fraud like Fartbort.  I hate it when goons who need anger management get to take liberties unchecked like that...especially when they target a rookie and they have 35 lbs and 7' on them.  Chopping Hogz like he's cutting down a tree...go gnaw on wood you freakin' freak.  

Refs are absolute crap when they don't contain that stuff.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, TheFly said:

So disappointing. I thought if there was one guy that was gonna get better with age it was Pete. Opposite is true so far.

He has not worked to strengthen his body. Not seeing the commitment to to be elite 

he simply refuses to first time the puck 

there is something off with him

i would pull him off the first pp unit in favour of hogs