The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Edited] Bottom 5 Finish Now in Reach!

Rate this topic

Provost

7 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

The Canucks win next game 100-0 that the league rewards the Canucks 4 points. Did you account for that in your math

Great... you send the money to IBatch to hold.

I will send him $0, and you can send him $10,000 to make up your 100-0 odds.

If the Canucks are awarded 4 points by the NHL instead of the regular two

for their next win you win otherwise I win.

What are the odds he just takes the cash from both of us and spends it on authentic game worn Tryamkin and Linden Vey KHL jerseys?

Edited by Provost

Just now, Provost said:

I will send him $100, and you can send him $10,000

If they Canucks are awarded 4 points by the NHL instead of the regular two

for their next win you win.  Otherwise I win.

What are the odds he just takes the cash from both of us and spends it on authentic game worn Tryamkin and Linden Vey KHL jerseys?

100%

I don't send money to strangers that's called a scam

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I got more money then Bettman I can bribe him

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

It would cost me more then $10000

Need a poll on who understands going from unlikely to out of reach as:

a) unlikely to impossible 

b) unlikely to more unlikely 

Context is everything, you are arguing a definition of out of reach that essentially means the same thing as unlikely so why change it in the first place

As for the odds I totally agree with your sentiment that pulling the plug was probably a wiser move but in the end injuries and Covid killed that going into the trade deadline

Can see why JB was hesitant given our upward trajectory vs the downward trend of CGY and MTL

I have preferred a down year with a top 10 pick since the start because we barely treaded water last summer’s changes and we are 2 solid D in the 23-26 year range from being anything more than a pretender with this core

• Like 1

Just now, bbllpp said:

Context is everything, you are arguing a definition of out of reach that essentially means the same thing as unlikely so why change it in the first place

As for the odds I totally agree with your sentiment that pulling the plug was probably a wiser move but in the end injuries and Covid killed that going into the trade deadline

Can see why JB was hesitant given our upward trajectory vs the downward trend of CGY and MTL

I have preferred a down year with a top 10 pick since the start because we barely treaded water last summer’s changes and we are 2 solid D in the 23-26 year range from being anything more than a pretender with this core

But their both wrong because the Canucks are making the playoffs 

2 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

And you have a defeatist attitude 

2 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

Go back through this thread, I have always supported not tanking 

I was replying to what you just wrote not past writings.

The only time to tank is when it naturally happens.

But by saying that I mean GMs shouldn't try and stop it from happening 

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I was replying to what you just wrote not past writings.

The only time to tank is when it naturally happens.

But by saying that I mean GMs shouldn't try and stop it from happening 

Never said Tank and do not support it ever, just said we treaded water.  We play in the Pacific this year we were in

With this division 3-6 was realistic expectations and I was ok with that.  At one point you need to pull the plug and give the kids meaningful games.  Win-Win because you see what they have and if you lose games as a result no worries and if you win games even better experience for the kids

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bbllpp said:

Never said Tank and do not support it ever, just said we treaded water.  We play in the Pacific this year we were in

With this division 3-6 was realistic expectations and I was ok with that.  At one point you need to pull the plug and give the kids meaningful games.  Win-Win because you see what they have and if you lose games as a result no worries and if you win games even better experience for the kids

No matter when the kids play I guarantee they are meaningful for them I hate that saying

They are looking for jobs

Some are playing their first NHL game 

If that isn't meaningful enough what the F is

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, lmm said:

anyone who has been a Canuck fan for 25+ years should be a defeatist

or they might be insane

Lol.  Nah.  I'm pretty sure it's the ones who've only been around since the WCE era that are questioning their alliance to the club.   Gets a little tougher and things go crazy right? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

No matter when the kids play I guarantee they are meaningful for them I hate that saying

They are looking for jobs

Some are playing their first NHL game 

If that isn't meaningful enough what the F is

Meaningful games in this context is more than an odd one here or there

Example rest Hughes and play Rathbone in his minutes for 5+ games, that’s meaningful 

Playing Rathbone in Edler’s spot 10 minutes a game is not