The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Edited] Bottom 5 Finish Now in Reach!

Rate this topic

Provost

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Is there like a triple-threat match now with @Arrow 1983, @oldnews and @Provost??

I am willing to be the special guest referee if need be. 

Woo... not sure I want to go into a battle of wits against two opponents so clearly unarmed.

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

IDK about that. They have a pretty spread out schedule and our schedule gets hectic around when we play them.

We play 5 games in the last 7 days when we play the Flames which includes 4 games in 5 days(3 of them vs the Flames). We will be coming off a back to back in Winnipeg prior to facing the Flames with only a day's rest while the Flames have all those 3 days off.

Check out the schedules.

Canucks  https://www.nhl.com/canucks/schedule/2021-05-01/PT

Flames  https://www.nhl.com/flames/schedule/2021-05-01/MT

They are gonna be fresh as an ice cold beer while we're gonna be flat like one left out for hours.

Yeah, but the flames likely ain't gonna dress anywhere close to their actual lineup. We could see Dominique for those games for all we know. It is also likely the flames won't even be in the proper mental state to play anywhere near decent with so much time off in between these meaningless games.

Don't know why so many people in here think pointing out the obvious is "crapping on the team" or "not being a fan"

Its called reality. This team is not built for the playoffs, not until the worthless cap hits come off the books. There's what, little over 11 million on eriksson, lou recapture and baertchi? We have over 32 million spent on bottom 6 guys  this season that Toffoli has outscored IF you COMBINED THEM. 

We can really use that top 5 pick, because this team doesn't have a superstar. We don't have 4 top 4 defenceman. But we do have the most money spent in a bottom 6 in the whole league, and it still isn't a good bottom 6.

May not have been "mathematically eliminated" but anyone with half a brain could have told you this is not a playoff team from the start of the season, let alone this thread in Feb. In fact, most analysts did call us to be exactly where we are now. Surprise surprise.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Don't know why so many people in here think pointing out the obvious

Strange, I don't know why people continue to point out the obvious, seems like wasted time; after all it is obvious is it not?

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

Does it ever make you sad or at all ashamed to have to resort to blatant lies to make your tiny ego feel better?  Presumably not since you do it so often. You need to take a good long look in the mirror man... being like that only hurts yourself.

Just take the loss, you were wrong (yet again).

There is a reason many folks on the board get annoyed by you.  You call out people for being stupid and “delusional” and even when they end up being right you still trying to weasel around and keep make calling to avoid admitting you are still full of it.

18 hours ago, oldnews said:

One thing is for certainthough - they were nowhere near "mathematically eliminated" - no matter what deluded qualifier one used - on Feb 18th.

On 2/18/2021 at 12:33 PM, Provost said:

It is nice to live in hope, but the unique way the league is set up this year means that we are practically unlikely, even if we are not mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Is there like a triple-threat match now with @Arrow 1983, @oldnews and @Provost??

I am willing to be the special guest referee if need be. 

No need.

I'll referee it.

the lawyer vs the professor.

evenly matched.

cerebral.

should be some really entertaining, highly conceived moves.

lots of protesting.

might be hard to maintain attention /easy to get distracted though...

Chester County Wrestling event raises $10k for charity | Chester County

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Provost said:

eric cartman GIF by South Park

Ah - the first to protest about name calling - initiates name calling - once again.

The ironing is delicious.

Btw - in all my posts on this site I have never called anyone "stupid" - as you falsely claim.

Quote one single post where I have ever called any poster "stupid".

Who's the fake?  The liar?

But then again - you don't use language literally, do you?  

By "mathematically eliminated" you don't mean mathematically eliminated, of course - you mean that your negative expectations project the team out of the race ridiculously prematurely - on February 8th lol.

Whatever - language isn't a precise instrument - manipulate it in any way that serves you, professor.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Davathor said:

You guys need a hobby or something away from your screens 

Based off the average post count of the typical CDC lifer, I feel like that's a statement that can apply to all of us.

• Hydration 1

6 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Yeah, but the flames likely ain't gonna dress anywhere close to their actual lineup. We could see Dominique for those games for all we know. It is also likely the flames won't even be in the proper mental state to play anywhere near decent with so much time off in between these meaningless games.

I mean we probably won’t be icing a regular lineup either(we aren’t really now) and will be in the exact same boat but with 8 regular out with injuries. We do have Gadjo waiting and OJ in the wings. 

They also talked about playing with Pride and they aren’t mathematically eliminated yet. I doubt we see domingue.

Their lineup will likely be more complete than ours. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I mean we probably won’t be icing a regular lineup either(we aren’t really now) and will be in the exact same boat but with 8 regular out with injuries. We do have Gadjo waiting and OJ in the wings. 

They also talked about playing with Pride and they aren’t mathematically eliminated yet. I doubt we see domingue.

Their lineup will likely be more complete than ours. 

I bet we see Domingue on back to backs... it isn’t going to help us much though.  We need to be resting some of our guys on back to backs too.  It will be water AHLers versus other eager AHLers.

Of course these are the Canucks, so presumably once we get mathematically eliminated... we will go on a big winning streak to drop our draft position a few slots.

Edited by Provost

Oh yes, so we are potentially a top 5 draft pick. The big shame of this is that it is a bit of a crap shoot considering the limited exposure these kids got. I wouldn’t be surprised if we won it for the first time and end up with nothing special. :picard:

We are going to go on a bit of a winning streak now.  I see us drafting 8-12.  Benning will still get us a good prospect there.  Cuelamons or Morrow would be okay in that spot.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2021 at 8:52 AM, Patrik Laine said:

I'm hoping we extend green and his incompetent assistants. That would give us a realistic chance of getting Conner Bedard in 2023 who at 15 years old looked incredible at the U18 tournament. 

No thanks...3 more missed playoff seasons and you can bet miller and horvat will sign elsewhere. How long we need to miss playoffs, am too old now. I might not see them win a cup in my lifetime and I was born in the 80s. Its becoming too pathtic now.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are going to go on a bit of a winning streak now.  I see us drafting 8-12.  Benning will still get us a good prospect there.  Cuelamons or Morrow would be okay in that spot.  

I hope we lose for the sake of drafting higher. Its pointless to go on a win streak. Just play all the young guys now and maybe give Edler and Myers some break. Need to evaluate and see younger guys playing.