The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Thing is I can’t remember the last time any Canuck went after a small skilled player like what Forbert did. 

pretty much stecher and martin sorta. edit: but we had gudbranson who took care of that and miller jumping in.

Edited by TNucks1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

These two statements play against each other. 

"Potential" has been proven....in the first seasons you refer to.

Just because you don't believe in him doesn't mean he doesn't.   All players will have peaks and valleys...McDavid went through a 10 game slump.  Petey'll be just fine.  A few mm's off right now as he's pinging the post.  Those will start going in.

He is quite "assertive" out there.  Not worried.

??? Feeding words into my mouth or you didn't read what I said ???

I believe in him. I believe he can be an MVP in this league. I don't know if he does.

I hope he does believe in himself too but he is not playing like he believes that he can be an MVP in this league.  Earlier in the season, he was deferring to QH and Miller far too often. It's been much better the last 5 games though and that's encouraging.

Honestly, I thought he will be an MVP caliber player starting this season especially after that monster playoffs. You are not the only homer of the team and its players, we are all.

Petey's potential to be a 1st line player was proven in his first ever NHL game (against the Flames of all opponents). The potential that I'm alluding to is the potential to be the top 5 player in the league whereas the potential you are alluding to is something lower perhaps, like NHL regular?

He still needs to prove that he can be an MVP caliber player. He has the potential, he needs to believe in himself and play like he believes. 

Look no further than the way QH is playing. Now, that's a confident guy who believes that he should've won the Calder last season and plays like the Norris caliber player who wants to lead the league in scoring. Obviously, he is sometimes overzealous but I love the fact that QH is playing with so much confidence and swagger to attack and challenge the opposition.

Edited by khay
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Thing is I can’t remember the last time any Canuck went after a small skilled player like what Forbert did. 

The officials could had killed this issue by making the righ call at the time of the incident; not sure what Forbert was complaining about last night cause they were getting away with alot last night...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

9 hours ago, Boest-er said:

Gaudette is honestly killing me, this man has gotten so many opportunities to score, but he just cant seem to bury any of it.

I don't think its even him doing anything wrong. It seems as if he's either terrible or he's just in such a rough patch right now, but man is it rough. I have hopes that Gaudette can emerge to be an effective third line centre who can pitch in more on offense. But i also feel like if we trade him or not resign him I wouldn't be the most upset about it. 

Look at the comparison with Hogs or other goal scorers. They have that shift that buys them a fraction of a second to get the shot they want. Gaudette is not doing that. He is shooting but he is not buying himself the opportunity to get his shot. He is not slowing the game down. 

Looking at this year just accept the mediocrity.

That’s basically the message they sent in choosing to remain with the status quo.

Expect the same old tired story of not being to maintain the kinda point streak that’s needed to stay in contention for the playoffs.

The boys may be playing better within the stale systems they are following but that’s in comparison to the play we were seeing earlier so it shouldn’t be taken solely as a compliment.  

they suck on the road so better make the homestretch count. 

• Cheers 1

Least we are getting help from other teams?  Montreal lost Calgary lost.  Vancouver needs to take advantage of those.  Seems like they are also in a drought! Hopefully they can string together a few winning streaks.  Both our goalies are in the zone.  Holtby had 3 days off to train, he looks better.  I have confidence in both our goalies.  Hopefully last game brought some fire to the Canucks, I hope holtby plays and start a fight.  If we are playing to lose then lose in style,  we will NOT back down starting with the jets.  Make an example out of em

7 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hey DeNiro

Just a question for you because you brought it up (not picking on you)

Can you explain to me why Pettersson will get more than Barzal's 7 Million bridge deal?

I am just having a hard time understand why he should get more

Because barzal is not alian! We have only 1 of those in the NHL.  So he needs to be paid like one 10 m for 60 years.  Do aliens get old?