The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Actually that's the ref's cue to jump in....close game and they were still focused on winning.  You better believe we'd end up shorthanded there and it wouldn't likely have changed Forbutt's course of action.

Atrocious display of negligence by Meier and Markovic.  Not calling anything there allowed things to escalate...they're basically paid figure skaters out there at that point.  At least do a double freakin' axel and put some effort in if you're going to ignore the penalties.

We should ask for a refund.

At those salary you can already assume that they are there to do what is best for the league and not for the fans/the game - game managers.  The league is better off getting these guys of the ice (to also create more rooms for the players) and use technology to officiate the game off ice.   

Hope the staff can notice these games when the Zebras will be a non factor and make the right adjusments to take advantage of it just the like the Jets did last game....

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

At least it's not the two crooks we got last game.  I would assume Benning would have had a long discussion with the league and advised them to send both of those dirtbags to the US for the season to prevent further incidents.  The league does have the guys who worked the WJHC available in an emergency, which would be a better option than giving us officials who are unlikely to call an honest game.

Not sure why local Trevor Hanson wasn't assigned to Canadian games?  He's not my favourite (his Dad's good friends with my brother and I rib him about that), but none could be worse than the comatose crew from last game.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No Broissot tonight? Thank god. 

I know Hellebyuk is a tough test too but something about backups like Broissot that we just can’t beat.

It’s flat out weird man. Even Broissot admitted he didn’t feel he was on his game and still got a shutout. And his only other shutout was against the Canucks. That’s whack. 

It’s not like we didn’t have chances either. We just shot the puck at him it felt. Man if Nate Schmidt scored on that breakaway I bet we would have won the game. Sometimes it’s just a game of inches 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No Broissot tonight? Thank god. 

I know Hellebyuk is a tough test too but something about backups like Broissot that we just can’t beat.

Goalies have teams they just love playing against too.   Like BB vs Murray lol.   I had a pitcher who was one of the best in the league as a kid - but i loved hitting against him, could see it in his eyes when he threw the ball, he knew it was going out of the park half way through.   Owned him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

They've tightened up over the last six games.   Keep that up and we will absolutely win more then lose.   Personally i'm a fan of 5-4 games ... or 4-3 ones at the minimum.   Bored to tears for almost a decade but kept watching anyways.   Don't mind a bad D if the O is good enough in other words - as a game plan.   After half a decade with some of the worst D production i've ever seen - i will take the gaffes over a chess match anyday.   It's entertaining as heck i comparrison.   And that decade i'm talking about is of course the dead puck one.   Crawford at least didn't buy into that too much as well.  And the worst D production ever refers to the Sedin decline rebuild we've just had. 

Crawford's teams also couldn't get it done in the playoffs (although getting ECHL quality goaltending didn't help).  I prefer winning and teams with bad D don't win when it matters.  Tighten up and get some Ws.

Edited by King Heffy

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Crawford's teams also couldn't get it done in the playoffs (although getting ECHL quality goaltending didn't help).  I prefer winning and teams with bad D don't win when it matters.  Tighten up and get some Ws.

Hey now don’t talk about my boy Clouts like that lol

54 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I would love to see Virtanen running guys tonight. If a lanky guy like Petterson can finish his checks JV has no excuse (other than laziness). Unfortunately he's the only forward in the line up who can lay a punishing check. We need to start laying on the body early to set the tone and send the message that we won't tolerate abuse of our young stars. No need to play dirty or Bertuzzi anyone, just check hard and check often. 

Cant force a player (despite any physical attributes) to do something that is not natural to him cause it will only lead to a bad outcome; preferably, a more team approach (doesnt matter who is on the ice) of just dropping everything and going in as a group.  I would hate for the team to waste a spot for an enforcer cause any type of policing among the players had been greatly toned down by the league due to the  rules they had created. 

The two referee system is suppose to create a better game experience for the fans & players but we can see that more rules or enforcements are only leading to a more managed type of games were nothing really changes cause obvious call are still being blown.  Plus, having two referees and two lines men are just crowding an already small ice surface...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, King Heffy said:

He was fine in the regular season and I loved his heart, but he was an absolute sieve in the playoffs.

True. Pressure got to him. Still one of my favourite goalies of all time. Just his heart and competitive nature 

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree, the team defence has been poor all season. It is nice to see Juolevi progressing every game. They need the 1st goal tonight.

Apparently they need the first goal every night.  If scored on first they may as well forfeit.

• Cheers 1